What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

Rocco

Juniors
All I can say is good work from Gibbs for insulting Hannant. :lol:

Im not sure what was said but it was enough to upset Hannant though.

Well done Gibbs, well done. :clap:

ByRd

First Grade
Dont really need to say anything else, you do well enough on your own

ByRd

First Grade
Well Hannant isnt one to get angry and that is the most fired up ive seen him, whatever Gibbs said, it got to Hannant

clipser

Juniors
Sledging of a personal nature should never happen... and it also shows poor sportsmanship.. but hey.. we will never know what he said so i guess theres no point dwelling on this one

Rocco

Juniors
so its obvious who is the culprit in this whole thing

Gibbs refused to comment, but his skipper Robbie Farah who finished the game with his left elbow on ice after a painful first-half blow acknowledged that heated words were exchanged.

"I saw Chris Heighington and Ben Hannant and one of their team managers ... he [Hannant] was running his mouth off," Farah said.

"I grabbed Heighno and got him out of it."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-beat-wests-tigers/story-e6frexnr-1225854719768

DJF

Juniors
BULLDOGS star Ben Hannant was left deeply upset last night, with Canterbury insiders claiming the Mormon prop was the target of a religious slur from his Tigers opposite Bryce Gibbs.

The pair exchanged heated words immediately after the fulltime siren sounded on Canterbury's desperately needed albeit untidy 24-4 win at the SFS. They had to be separated by Bulldogs team manager Fred Ciraldo, and Gibbs raced-up the tunnel before any of the other 33 players even had left the field.

Hannant was too upset to reveal what was said, but Bulldogs staffers told The Daily Telegraph an insult was directed at Hannant's faith.

"We believe it was about Ben's religion and he's very upset," one Canterbury insider who declined to be named said.

"We also think it was happening in the scrums and during the game, not just at fulltime."

When asked about the incident, an emotional Hannant shook his head and replied: "I'll keep it to myself ... he [Gibbs] knows what he said. I don't want to comment on it."

Gibbs refused to comment, but his skipper Robbie Farah who finished the game with his left elbow on ice after a painful first-half blow acknowledged that heated words were exchanged.

"I saw Chris Heighington and Ben Hannant and one of their team managers ... he [Hannant] was running his mouth off," Farah said.

"I grabbed Heighno and got him out of it."

Rest of the article here
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-beat-wests-tigers/story-e6frfgbo-1225854719768

Big Pete

Referee
Another reason why Gibbs is a bit of a tosspot.

I mean, it's one thing to do it during the game, but after? C'mon.

Cammo

Bench
Poor Rocco, can't handle the fact the Bulldogs won and his Broncos are the team causing the bad image for Rugby League at the moment while the Bulldogs have shown how to turn a club round.

Poor sad little Rocco, hope mummy gives you your dummy tonight.

As for what happened, Hannant certainly looked upset so whatever was said did get to him. Good on him for not rushing out and giving anything to the media straight away. Once he has some time to calm down and think about the incident then he may speak, or he may just leave it on the field.

Quigs

Immortal
I don't know what the comment was either but I certainly heard Ennis's comments after he scored his first try and Channel Nein had the on field camera and close up of him as he was walking back to his half.

I believe it was words to the effect of and in a loud clear voice "Lets run over these Karmichaels"

I was of the opinion that Mr Vossy was a bit taken aback by such onfield comments from a first grade player that didn't expect to have a camera in his face during a game.

Hmmmmmmmm interesting.

Cheers
Quigs