What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

Loudstrat

Coach
Canterbury version said:
"We believe it was about Ben's religion and he's very upset," one Canterbury insider who declined to be named said.

"We also think it was happening in the scrums and during the game, not just at fulltime."

Wests version said:
"I saw Chris Heighington and Ben Hannant and one of their team managers ...he [Hannant] was running his mouth off," Farah said.

"I grabbed Heighno and got him out of it."

In other words
DOGS - We dunno what happened.

TIGERS - We know what happened.

There is as much evidence there to condemn Gibbs as there is to condemn Preston Campbell of organising KKK meetings.

Hannent is a sook. End of story.

El Diablo

Post Whore
292te2r.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach
Relevant post if Gibbs simply gave him a pamphlet, but he didn't did he you goose.

Not the point. Religious people tend to get offended easily when someone insults their religion and doesn't embrace it. The Christian's were happy to promote 'Jesus, all about life' last year, but when someone came up with the idea of promoting 'Jesus, all about LIES' they got offended. It was probably just a passing comment Gibbs made to Hannant yet he's taken it personal for no reason.

Loudstrat

Coach
El - You have a religious symbol in your avatar you hypocritical twat! :lol:

ED - anyone gets offended when someone bags their opinion. So what? Political parties cop the same at polling booths when they hand out their pamphlets with their views, and get offended when someone bags them for it.

I think the issue here is that Hannent is alleging Gibbs said something that is contrary to the code of conduct to the game. Wether you are religious or not matters not. If it was the old racism remark, there would be no dispute. Yet the colour of one's skin is somehow different to other personal issues?

It's ridiculous that a spat between 2 props can open the door for a religious bag fest by some who wouldn't dare act the same way if it was instead a racial matter.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not the point. Religious people tend to get offended easily when someone insults their religion and doesn't embrace it. The Christian's were happy to promote 'Jesus, all about life' last year, but when someone came up with the idea of promoting 'Jesus, all about LIES' they got offended. It was probably just a passing comment Gibbs made to Hannant yet he's taken it personal for no reason.

so I'd take it you're opinion is the same if say, El Masri copped it??

Parra

Referee
Love the way you can sum up the majority of the world's population with a throwaway line Eels Dude. You must be quite impressed with yourself.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hannant seems to be sooking in the media every week...not great for his reputation.

Agreed, and sooking on the field too. He's doing his best to make himself unliked by non Bulldogs fans. Even some Dogs fans would be pissed off with him after him trying to get out of his contract early when the Dogs upped his pay and helped get him a Roo jersey.

Eels Dude

Coach
so I'd take it you're opinion is the same if say, El Masri copped it??

It depends what the comment was. It would depend what the comment was. Obviously I'd like to think most players wouldn't sledge Hazem at all. If Hannant was called 'an effing mormom' or something than that's slightly personal, but if it was just a passing comment like 'go back to church' he shouldn't be.

ratsack2

Juniors
Would like to know what was said to Hannant so I can use it the next time the Mormons come knocking on my front door

The General

Juniors
Hannant seems to be sooking in the media every week...not great for his reputation.

Daily Telegraph said:
When asked about the incident, an emotional Hannant shook his head and replied: "I'll keep it to myself ... he [Gibbs] knows what he said. I don't want to comment on it."

I can't believe he would say something like that to the media. What a sook!! Send him to QLD now.:roll:

hannant needs to man up and stop being a whinging whining sook.
if he can't handle a bit of sledging about his pathetic religion he should retire and bury his head in his loopy bible instead of scrums.:lol: