What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs insults Hannant

Rocco

Juniors
Asked if he had apologised to Hannant, or had any intention of contacting his rival, Gibbs replied; "Not at all, no. What for? I don't even know much about it.

"I've never met the bloke. I'm not sure what he's claiming."

enough said and todd Greenberg being his usual self again

DeadElvis

Juniors
Gibbs may have suggested to Hannant that he is still stuck playing for the bulldogs which in itself is insulting....

Imagine this...you pack in a scrum and you hear a voice in your ear.....Ben....You like it at the bulldogs??

Next scrum....Hey Ben..still a bulldog I see......

Next tackle......That blue and white really suits you ben....

Next scrum.....How does it fell to play for one of the moist disliked clubs in the nrl....

Next tackle.....How is your wife and kids???

Next tackle.....God sucks.....

Saying that Hannant all jokes aside is a tough rooster and Gibbs is a well known thug

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Some of you Aussies need to catch up, this is 2010.

Who cares if some religious imbecile is offended? Mormonism as a concept offends me. You don't see me going round my next door neighbours house and trying to blue with him about it.

Swear next to America you guys have got to be the most religious idiots in the Western world.

In Europe you have the public wanted the Pope arrested, in Australia you have sooks whinging that a mormon was slandered.

Disgust.

innsaneink

Referee
Stick a finger in a players eye....NRL dont wanna know, but offend or hurt someones feelings and by god they will come down on you like a ton of bricks

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In Australia?

You think this is a "major news story"? :lol: It's got a little bit of airtime in NSW and QLD, it's hardly a cause of national outrage.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
In Australia?

You think this is a "major news story"? :lol: It's got a little bit of airtime in NSW and QLD, it's hardly a cause of national outrage.

It would get no air time anywhere else in the world. Nor would it merit a discussion on whether or not a religious sledge is acceptable.

I see it all the time on this forum, members crying about religion being a no-go area when sledging. It's absolute bullsh*t.

The respect Australia gives to religious people and religion itself is laughable.

If i was in the NRL I'd be sledging all the Muslims, Mormons, Christians, and whatever moronic religious beliefs the aboriginal players have, I'd sledge them about that.

If that did happen in the NRL, someone slamming aboriginal religious beliefs, or muslim beliefs, the media would kick up a sh*t-storm.

In advanced countries nobody bats an eyelid. I sledge Muslims all the time.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It would get no air time anywhere else in the world. Nor would it merit a discussion on whether or not a religious sledge is acceptable.

I see it all the time on this forum, members crying about religion being a no-go area when sledging. It's absolute bullsh*t.
Really? Can you find a few of these threads for me? I don't actually find a lot of people in this thread upset about it either, most are realistic and many are telling Hannant to harden the f**k up. But don't let that get in the way of a good anti-Australia sledge hey? ;-)

If that did happen in the NRL, someone slamming aboriginal religious beliefs, or muslim beliefs, the media would kick up a sh*t-storm.

In advanced countries nobody bats an eyelid. I sledge Muslims all the time.
Oooooh you must feel so tough!!! :clap:

For the record, it is the pussy media who are whipping up this stuff, and people like yourself with no context or awareness of the situation suddenly think everybody agrees with the media or that it's fuelled by public perception, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Rocco

Juniors
For not lodging a complaint?

I'm confused. First you defend Gibbs, then you hate Greenburg for NOT reporting it. :?

Greenberg is obviously hiding the truth.

Why didnt the Bulltards come out and say something while the tigers did?

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
If you are stupid enough to believe in fairytales you deserve to be sledged. The tigers should tell Gallop to pissoff & not co-operate with this investigation in any way. Religion is a choice (a stupid one at that) & is fair game.

MacDougall

First Grade
By the way, as a Tigers supporter I am disappointed if Gibbs has actually done this. Our club has a good, clean reputation and we don't need stooges like this ruining it. If it wasn't for our image we'd probably be dead by now. We certainly wouldn't have been able to attract anyone to the club (except maybe Arana Taumata but eh). The Wests Tigers have worked hard to clean up their image since the days of Hopoate, Field and McGuinness.

innsaneink

Referee
Mac
It goes on all the time, most players, all clubs.
Its only when sookie lalas like hannant cant hack it and turn it into more than it is - that we actually are more aware of it

gregstar

Referee
how f*cking soft has this game become?

are counselors on the coaching staffs yet?

maybe refs need to add counseling to their on-field duties.

i'm sure andrew farrah & mick beattie still suffer the mental scars of their sledging wars.

MacDougall

First Grade
I understand that I suppose. I still like to imagine our boys don't have to sledge to win games. I always figured we were the exception to the rule. Oh well.

gregstar

Referee
i hear dallas donnely suffered mental anguish as a result of a nasty comment made by sloth gibbs.

gregstar

Referee
f*ck this!

i'm gonna sue that merkin who laughed at me 25 years ago for dropping the ball with the line wide open.

Loudstrat

Coach
i hear dallas donnely suffered mental anguish as a result of a nasty comment made by sloth gibbs.
Rubbish. Dallas couldnt understand a sledge.

I find it funny that suddenly the most fanatical religious zealouts on this thread are the ones slandering religion. If anyone looks like a hypocritical f*ckwit, Rugbyhighlights and Mr Radich are fighting out for top honours!

Latest posts