What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Gibbs = potential

jirskyr

Juniors
Watching the game last night, I believe Bryce Gibbs has great potential.

He's only a young fellow and inexperienced, but on more than one occasion he was flinging two of the games' premier props - Price and O'Meley - around like toys.

With another year or two of conditioning, physical maturity and game experience, I predict he will be a real enforcer.

Hope Sheensie gives him plenty more game time, and busts his balls at training.

angeman

Juniors
didn't our bench tonight look great fitzy, halatau, gibbs and harrison all have big futures with the club. and with people like marshall, reynolds, lima, farah back from injury we will be even better next year!

gr8_1

Juniors
Bryce needs to work on his tackling IMO. He goes high a lot.
He throws himself at the defence and trys to put the big hit on. I love that !!
He has great potential. He reminds me so much of Skando at that age. Raw.
He needs to bulk up in the offseason.

I can see a big year for him in 2005-2006.

EWS

Juniors
Bryce Gibbs = penalty machine.

Hes always holding down in ruck, and walking back over the top of players, as well as going high.

He really needs to get this out of his game, or I hope to never see him in FG for us again.

He has potential, but hes very frustrating! At times he reminds me of Steve Trindall, which is not good at all!

ozcrusader

Bench
I thought Bryce played like crap.

I dont know whats happened to him- he started off really well but now just runs up and gets smashed. Gets smashed in defence also.

Oh well, he's young - still learning.

Bulk up Bryce!

Eddie.

Bench
Bryca has along long long way to go, makes very little impact with the ball in hand and often gives away dumb penalties

i think Sheens should be looking at giving Harrison alot more game time, hes a better player at this stage.

And this is not a Balmain/Wests thing.

tiger_nick

Bench
I'm a huge fan of Bryce Gibbs but last night he looked outclassed, outsized and too slow. I think the dogs pack had a plan to go after him. Everytime he took it up he got smashed and towards the end of the game he was bracing himself as he hit the line. He also gives away too many penalties for high shots hes good for @ least 1 a game. Not a good sign for a 19 year old!! Still what can you do? You can't tell the bloke to not go into tackles aggressivley. Hopefully he sorts his timing out

Gobbso

Juniors
I don't agree with the last few comments. I believe he's going to develop into a bright young star and prop. He did not take a backward step last night, he took it too the bulldogs forwards, especially O'Meley and Price, two very expereinced and rep. front rowers. Very impressed. Although he's still very raw, he will only improve with time. Go Gibbsie You Good Thing! :clap:

phenisha

Juniors
personally i think bryce is playing like skando about 3 years ago, in the fact that when he hits the line he drops, to try for a fast play the ball but with this new dominant rule the other team are alowed to lie on top of him, hence slowing him down. I would rather see him strugle for a few more meters, and he may even get a few offloads off in the mean time

daslacker

Juniors
I was very impress by byrce last night although agree he is still raw.I think he still is getting use to the speed of first grade.He has a great future if he can keep pushing himself.

innsaneink

Referee
westie said:
Morley is good for 3 or 4 high shots a game. Would you play him in your team?

So becoz an international front rower has a penchant for head hunting, you wanna compare him to a teenaged rookie?

Westie....stop pullin it!!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I just watched the game again, and Gibbs needs alot of work.

His ball security is poor, he loses concentrations at crucial stages and he was hammered quite a few times last night.

But yes, he certainly does have alot of potential.

westie

Bench
innsaneink said:
westie said:
Morley is good for 3 or 4 high shots a game. Would you play him in your team?

So becoz an international front rower has a penchant for head hunting, you wanna compare him to a teenaged rookie?

Westie....stop pullin it!!!

Err, the post was in reference to the claim that because Bryce goes he shouldn't be in the team.

:oops: :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Morley may be a liability, but he gives you 10 times over what he loses you with ill discipline.

Gibbs doesnt do that.....when hes Morleys quality, then he can start being a liability.

westie

Bench
innsaneink said:
Morley may be a liability, but he gives you 10 times over what he loses you with ill discipline.

Gibbs doesnt do that.....when hes Morleys quality, then he can start being a liability.

Whats one penalty a game? He's the best we've got at the moment and he's gunna get a hell of a lot better. Skando gave away a penalty or two last night. Do we drop him?

jirskyr

Juniors
I don't believe Gibbs got smashed in attack last night.

What got my attention was his defence. Yeah he goes high a bit and he's not the quickest player. That's where I believe experience and conditioning will come in.

I think he also has some more physical maturing to come.

But for a green 19 y.o. he attacks the opposition well. He pulled off a few big hits on the doggies, and they are a team that don't get belted up much in the forwards.

I can hardly think of many strong junior props going around, so I think that bodes well for what he can become when he reaches the prime age of other premier props - Webcke, Price, Kearns etc.

Latest posts