What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bucks County Sharks vs Cats - 1pm Saturday

Should be a great day of footy - Sharks vs Cats this Saturday at 1pm @ Shark Park.

Sharks have been playing with a completely homegrown side - no imports have taken the field for them this season. Though it is rumored a young Englishman is somewhere over the Atlantic as we speak.

Go the Sharks!

Choo Choo

Juniors
Should be a great day of footy - Sharks vs Cats this Saturday at 1pm @ Shark Park.

Sharks have been playing with a completely homegrown side - no imports have taken the field for them this season. Though it is rumored a young Englishman is somewhere over the Atlantic as we speak.

Go the Sharks!

Good stuff so far. You guys are having a great season. Best of luck against the Cats. We will be watching for updates.

druzik

Juniors

Go the Sharks!

Been great results, finally we may see the Sharks take the title!

joshreading

Staff member
Serious Question 'Bucks Country Sharks' - would playing an invitational game against a USARL team jeopardize your AMNRL standing? Obviously being within close proximity to USARL teams your team seems to be the bridge between the comps. (not only in your proximity but clear attitude but whatever is best for the game)

Last edited:
We would absolutely be happy to play any team in the USARL. not because we are cocky, but because we simply miss squaring off with the other teams. There is no reason why this should be a conflict of interest and it's a shame that both comps can't find common ground. We all need to developed as a unit. The sharks will continue to rebuild and develop a grass roots brand of rugby and speaking for most of us, if we could we would play under no banner and schedule games on both sides of the fence but we all know the egos involved would not let that fly. lastly look for SHARKS on tour in 2012!!!

joshreading

Staff member
Cool, just thinking that a team like the Sharks seem to have a different attitude than many in this issue and would be great to build a bridge. A 'friendly' game of RL would be one of the best bridges. Whether the competitions come together is not really the key issue.

I do ask because Utah imply that because they have gone to the AMNRL they cannot play the Denver Wolverines USARL team. Maybe this is personal with both but it seems to have some structural background.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Denver were the ones that cancelled the games against Utah, and they have now 'suspended club operations'.

joshreading

Staff member
Denver initially cancelled because of internal problems, that I knew. However, they have now decided not to suspend club operations and are moving forward with some new initiatives. (the original suspension was only till the 25th of June anyway)

However, such did not preclude the possibility of future fixtures against Utah which seems to have been now ruled out atleast in part due to AMNRL affiliation.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Denver initially cancelled because of internal problems, that I knew. However, they have now decided not to suspend club operations and are moving forward with some new initiatives. (the original suspension was only till the 25th of June anyway)

However, such did not preclude the possibility of future fixtures against Utah which seems to have been now ruled out atleast in part due to AMNRL affiliation.
Well that's stupid if so.

Sharks Forever

Juniors
Well that's stupid if so.
I could be wrong... but from what I've heard there is no limitation from our side (Utah) on playing Denver when they are ready, and I'm sure we'd do whatever we can to help them out, e.g. 9s or similar. We want to see them succeed, and wish them the best.

And sorry to continue taking this OT. One thing I do like about the AMNRL is being in the same group as the Sharks! Good luck on Saturday.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I could be wrong... but from what I've heard there is no limitation from our side (Utah) on playing Denver when they are ready, and I'm sure we'd do whatever we can to help them out, e.g. 9s or similar. We want to see them succeed, and wish them the best.

And sorry to continue taking this OT. One thing I do like about the AMNRL is being in the same group as the Sharks! Good luck on Saturday.
That's what I thought. It would be difficult to justify joining the AMNRL if they were trying to actively block you from playing against other expansion teams.

Serious Question 'Bucks Country Sharks' - would playing an invitational game against a USARL team jeopardize your AMNRL standing? Obviously being within close proximity to USARL teams your team seems to be the bridge between the comps. (not only in your proximity but clear attitude but whatever is best for the game)

Sharks remain committed to the development of rugby league in this country. I am pretty certain that both comps understand our position. So if playing cross comp games is good for the development of the game, then we are open to discussions about playing said games. In fact, some of our favorite trips were games down in DC and Jacksonville.

About 6 Sharks played for the Fight last year while the team sat out the season. In addition to still be connected with a number of these players, they were instrumental in setting up the England Tour back in April. As such, we want to see the Fight succeed as much as we want the Sharks!

Back to the original thread....big game this week for the Sharkies. Paul Gallen was inspirational on Wednesday, we'll make him proud this weekend.

deluded pom?

Coach
I'm hoping for a Sharks GF win and that they can set up a game against the USARL champions in an unofficial American Champions match.

Latest posts