What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bucks party ideas

The Colonel

Immortal
Hire a bus or two. Drive from Sydney through to Bathurst stopping at pubs along the way - with a bit of research you can come up with some interesting drinks that have something to do with the pub or area you are in to have at each pub along the way.

Come Saturday morning drive from Bathurst through to Goulburn, stopping at the little pubs that run through the backroads. Have your own bushranger shootout at Trunkey Creek, Hit the Groom in one golf on a backroad somewhere along the way and stop at the Abercrombie for a dip before reaching Crookwell. Stop at Goulburn and have the groom singing karaoke til the wee hours of the morning.

Back to Sydney on Sunday morning.....

Bloody great weekend I can tell you....

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Hire a bus or two. Drive from Sydney through to Bathurst stopping at pubs along the way - with a bit of research you can come up with some interesting drinks that have something to do with the pub or area you are in to have at each pub along the way.

Come Saturday morning drive from Bathurst through to Goulburn, stopping at the little pubs that run through the backroads. Have your own bushranger shootout at Trunkey Creek, Hit the Groom in one golf on a backroad somewhere along the way and stop at the Abercrombie for a dip before reaching Crookwell. Stop at Goulburn and have the groom singing karaoke til the wee hours of the morning.

Back to Sydney on Sunday morning.....

Bloody great weekend I can tell you....

Why detour to Crookwell? Laggan pub perhaps?

HevyDevy

Coach
We hired a house at Whale Beach for 2 nights for a mate of mine, hired a stripper to come on the second night and bought a heap of food and grog.

Great weekend.

Thomas

First Grade
I'm getting married in a bit and my bucks night will also be a stripper free event. They've never done anything for me, really.

I'm thinking paintball or a fishing trip.

legend

Coach
A day at the races is a good start but going to a themed Greek restaurant is always guaranteed a great night. I had my bucks at Aesops and back then it was in Double Bay. There are always more hens nights at these places than bucks nights so the odds are stacked in your favour.

About a month ago i went a greek restaurant in Pitt St and there were eight hens nights to one bucks night and these places can get pretty wild as the night progresses.

Food for thought.

The Preacher

First Grade
Races can be bad thought, especially with 50 blokes. Many get a bit too excited and bet too much and can't afford to keep going...

My favorite was hiring a bus, and playing a bit of pub golf. Set the pars at 2 per hotel for the first 5, and then 1 for the last 4, and only go for 9 holes.

It's also good as you can drop people off at public transport along the way if they have had too much, or crash out on the bus if they have to skip a hotel.

What sort of skirts do you hang around with DoW?? Can't handle having a bet without doing their arse and need to be dropped off mid shout when it's a game of pub golf. Very snaggy I must say. :eek:

HevyDevy

Coach
I highly recommend hiring a house. Get away with the boys for a few nights and drink yourself stupid.

Coaster

Bench
Pub Golf

Hire a bus

Travel to at least 9 pubs

Each pub has a designated Par, for example 'Par 4 = 4 beers'

If anyone drinks say 5 beers at that pub, they receive -1 point, 4 is even, only 3= +1

A shooter = 2 drinks
Vomit = -2 drinks
Cant get in = DQ
Fight = -4 drinks

Each pub has a time limit say 1.5 hours then blow a whistle, people have 5 min to finish there drink and get back on bus.

Any drinks on bus are not counted in overall scoring

Last pub, have a small crappy trophy for the winner, nobody will care at this stage, as they will be blind.

TeamSatan

Juniors
for my mates bucks night (that i planned) i booked out the bar at energy australia stadium for 4 hours, we got pissed as nits... moved into town and got tragically more trashed... went to the strip club and did the blokes thing (slipped $100 to the bloke running the show to get my boy up on stage and have a bit of a performance) and wound up at a local down the road.

keeping everyone together is not an issue if they're having a good time.

i also attended a very good bucks night that was held at the bucks house. "topless bar wenches" were hired to get everyone beers through the night and it was really cool. they weren't strippers that did a dance or anything like that, just hot chicks that got around in nothing but their bottom underwear, and they were really cool about it too. blended into the party very well. a good time was had by all.

also i don't even think it should be classed as a bucks night if there are no naked women. why is this restriction put in place? trust me, it is part of what makes a bucks night special.

Mate i am so happy that there is at least one normal aussie male here....i might even get married a 3rd time if you throw the bucks party..

Dogs Of War

Coach
Pub Golf

Hire a bus

Travel to at least 9 pubs

Each pub has a designated Par, for example 'Par 4 = 4 beers'

If anyone drinks say 5 beers at that pub, they receive -1 point, 4 is even, only 3= +1

A shooter = 2 drinks
Vomit = -2 drinks
Cant get in = DQ
Fight = -4 drinks

Each pub has a time limit say 1.5 hours then blow a whistle, people have 5 min to finish there drink and get back on bus.

Any drinks on bus are not counted in overall scoring

Last pub, have a small crappy trophy for the winner, nobody will care at this stage, as they will be blind.

No pub should have a par 4. par 2 is generally the best. Thats 18 beers if you hit par the whole way. Do ring up pubs before you try this so you know they will accept a bus load of drunk idiots into their premises for 45min or so. And make the last stop somewhere where there is heaps of easy options for people to get home.

Ausguy

Coach
I planned one...

it started at my haouse with a BBQ breakfast...
then we went go karting for about 4 hours at eastern ck, it was very good and competitive before anyone got on the turps, went to lunch at Hooters Parra, then into the city, dinner at the lowenbrau with a massive room of people doing similar things (bucks, hens, birthdays) went out after stayed in city... great night