What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus should have been sent off

greeneyed

First Grade
for that spear tackle on Robertson. Disgraceful. At least 4 weeks on the sideline for it.

Ironic Kennedy gets binned for coming in late with the elbow... while Buderus gets off scott free for an AWFUL spear tackle.

Disco

Bench
Of course not, the NRL upset joey a few weeks ago, they had to make sure he was happy tonight

Charlie124

First Grade
Im surprised hampstead didnt penalise robertson for taking a chunk out of the ground with his teeth.

BD5733

Juniors
Spear tackles don't look aggressive like a swinging arm high shot tackle. So I don't think players would get sent off for one, they are almost always accidental.

But Buderus will surely get a couple of weeks on the sidelines.

The only players that would get sent off for a tackle like Buderus' one would be Morley, Moi Moi, Crocker or some no-name prop.

Charlie124

First Grade
the difference is Paea isnt Buderus, and Buderus needs to be there to make Joey look good.

Nook

Bench
Sent off?

You're kidding.

He'll get a few weeks but no-one has been sent off for a similar tackle this year, why start with 5 mins to go in a semi final?

*Paul*

Juniors
I menioned in the other thread, in the 2000 semis, the Raiders had 3 suspended for those innocuous leg grabbing tackles. Next week Jim Dymock pulls off something very similar to Buderus's, and gets off scott free.

Moral of the story: Expect anything.

Worse refereeing performance in NRL histroy!
Was baised towards Newcastle all night.
Manly were the better team and were played out of the game by hampstead.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Buderus is in a lot of trouble, he'll definately go, he's looks worried too in the change rooms, we'll wait and see what the outcome is.

I dont think it deserved a send off, if it was worse and Robertson got injured then yes send him off.

BD5733

Juniors
*Paul* said:
I menioned in the other thread, in the 2000 semis, the Raiders had 3 suspended for those innocuous leg grabbing tackles. Next week Jim Dymock pulls off something very similar to Buderus's, and gets off scott free.

Moral of the story: Expect anything.

The moral I got from that story is that Raiders fans will bring up things from the past, even if it was 7 years ago, to have a whinge.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Well Vossy just said at the very minmum he misses a week cos of his carryover points. If he gets charged with a grade 1 that is a JOKE.