What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus should have been sent off

sooperdooper

First Grade
it looked worse than what it was.... it had great technique but he went past the point which caused the outcome it did

skeepe

Immortal
domdom said:
It was a bad tackle, and deserves at least a grade 2, but i wouldnt be suprised if they grade it as a one.

one of the worst reffing displays i've seen outside of under 12 footy, some pretty dodgy calls for both sides (fair bit of holding down, and matai's hit on johns was as soft as butter), but i'm biased, so that's all i'll say about that, but its pretty much unanimous that the ref was bad.

im just stoked the maroon and white have another shot. getting my ticket today!

If Woolford's was a grade 2, Buderus's was grade 4 minimum.

Oh and that's a little unfair on the junior refs mate... most of them do a pretty good job! Unlike Hampstead of course.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Harold Bishop said:
Wow you are a f*cking genius! You don't need to land on your head to cause spinal damage.
My mate is paralysed because he was hit in the upper spine by a players knee. Robertson was very lucky not to sustain a career ending injury. One of the worst tackles i have ever seen.
F*ckwit
Is that you Dessy? I spose you also want the whole home final scenario to be banned too do you? Sook.

Snoop

Coach
I don't think Danny intended to spear tackle Robbo but the priority in situations like this is to discourage anything that may cause serious injury. Comments such as 'it is not his go' and 'the tackle went wrong' are all well and good but it doesn't take away from the fact that it was a very dangerous throw.

Oh and Jobdog = tool.

Fathead

Bench
Just had another look at it on the video. He lands on his upper back near the base of his neck. I have seen spear tackles where the person is dumped square on their head, which certainly didnt happen in this case. It deserves a week or two but thats about it. A send off ..... crazy.

Fluffy

Juniors
keep dreaming - the only reason it will be a week or 2 is because its rigged.

Its time for the false apology isnt it

Fluffy

Juniors
keep dreaming - the only reason it will be a week or 2 is because its rigged.

Its time for the false apology isnt it

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO Buderus was over agressive and unlucky. I doubt it was intentional... but it deserves at least 3 to 4 weeks. It was extremely dangerous.

With loading and all, possibly 4-5 weeks.

greeneyed

First Grade
Seems to me that I was right. If a player gets 5 weeks, 6 weeks if fails following a contest, the player should have been sent off.