What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus should have been sent off

greeneyed

First Grade
They said if he gets a higher grading, he would miss rest of the season tho... and that would be deserved. It was a terrible tackle.

Also, I have never come across "Paul" before... he never posts in the Raiders forum... so I don't know if he IS a Raiders fan...

*Paul*

Juniors
BD5733 said:
The moral I got from that story is that Raiders fans will bring up things from the past, even if it was 7 years ago, to have a whinge.
lol, the only person in the world who thinks the judicairy is contsistent pipes up.
A special moment.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
A month minimum.

Disgraceful. And how Manly deserved to go one player down afterwards is beyond me.

*Paul*

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Also, I have never come across "Paul" before... he never posts in the Raiders forum... so I don't know if he IS a Raiders fan...
I'm a fan of reailty, which almost disqualifies me from forums like this.

innsaneink

Referee
Sent off?

No way.

Ive seen worse this year, I dunno...but the fact he went with the manly players momentum should be taken into account imo.

Its not like the tackled player was stopped, picked up and speared back, which I think is worse.

Hard to explain but momentum played its part.

BD5733

Juniors
*Paul* said:
lol, the only person in the world who thinks the judicairy is contsistent pipes up.
A special moment.

Not at all, but you can always count on Parra fans on jumping in to defend a Parra player.......regardless of wether the Eels player was in the wrong or not.

:D

scottyeel

Bench
Didn't deserve a send off but what was Kennedy thinking diving on an injured player like that?

Dutchy

Immortal
parra-matters said:
Worse refereeing performance in NRL histroy!
Was baised towards Newcastle all night.
Manly were the better team and were played out of the game by hampstead.

Has to be true coming from a Parra fan - them dudes hate Manly

WTF BEAN - your from the NOrthern Beaches - batting for the wrong side

Frederick

Staff member
parra_panther said:
Exactly.

But who knows, perhaps the entire tri-nations too. Let's wait and see.
He's already withdrawn from Tri-Nations, as his fiance is due to give birth during them.

Preniers

Juniors
If he didn't go BK should never have gone. Manly were reffed outta that game. oThey never deserved to win given the way they played tonight and the courage and effort from, every manly player out there.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
The ref had a terrible game, but I couldn't see that he significantly disadvantaged one team over the other. As it was, Manly had the opportunity to win the game but couldn't manage it; their defense was excellent, but their handling and discipline let them down.

Buderus didn't deserve to be sent off because his tackle was accidental and didn't cause any real harm to the player he hit. Kennedy did because he took the matter into his own hands in jumping on Buderus afterwards (not to mention the fact that it was an incredibly stupid thing to do, given that he hadn't had the opportunity to verify that his player was unhurt - if he had suffered a serious injury Kennedy could have compounded it). The fundamental difference is that Buderus wasn't in total control of his situation, but Kennedy was in control of his.

varion

Juniors
Prediction:

Buderus to get 2 weeks. Free to play Grand Final if they make it that far.

Deserves:

4 matches +

Mr Saab

Referee
If he plays any more games in the semis it will be a joke and a farce.
3 weeks for that

Knightmare

Coach
greeneyed said:
for that spear tackle on Robertson. Disgraceful. At least 4 weeks on the sideline for it.

Ironic Kennedy gets binned for coming in late with the elbow... while Buderus gets off scott free for an AWFUL spear tackle.

I agree. George Carmont should never have been sent off, just Travis Burns for that blatant offence, and in the incident you're talking about, Bedsy and BK should both have got 10 in the bin, no more need be said. Other than that, Simpkins reffed fairly well tonight compared to some of the tripe we've seen this year.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Kennedy got the bin and Buderus didn't because Kennedy's actions were deliberate, and Buderus' weren't. That's really the most important point.

Mr Saab

Referee
ShadesOfTheSun said:
Kennedy got the bin and Buderus didn't because Kennedy's actions were deliberate, and Buderus' weren't. That's really the most important point.

And always going to happen.
You cannot be binned for a spear tackle, but you can be binned for running in and escalating a situation

Glen

Bench
Kennedy is a hotheaded moron. Robertson was still on the ground folded in half with Buderus and Kennedy just dives on top of both of them with complete disregard for his team mate who could have been injured.

Surely Buderus cannot play again this season

t-ba

Post Whore
"It's not his go"

Buderus' go is yelling at the ref even though he isn't the captain. Duuh!!

He must go. God Newcastle have some severe discipline issues...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
As far as I am concerned if you do something on the footy field that warrants a 4+ week suspension (which that tackle clearly does) then you should be sent of for the offence.

And if Hampstead referee's another game this season I'll be surprised. It was shambolic. For both sides.

Latest posts