What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus suffers back problems

The Devil

Bench
Haven't seen it posted anywhere yet so here it is..

NSW's Buderus suffers back problem

Sunday May 21 11:19 AEST
NSW State of Origin captain Danny Buderus has failed to finish training on Sunday morning after suffering a back problem.
Buderus will be assessed on Sunday afternoon with Blues coach Graham Murray hopeful his chief dummy-half will be fit for Wednesday's Telstra Stadium showdown against Queensland.

"I'm not a medical expert but he's a bit sore so he's just with the medical staff now, the doctor and the physio, and we'll just monitor him for the rest of the day and see how he pulls up," Murray said.

"The doctor's fairly confident but at the same stage there's got to be some doubt there.

"I'd like to know a little bit more today but the doc's saying we'll see how he wakes up tomorrow."
A Blues spokesman said Buderus had suffered a back spasm which may have been the result of his long drive back from Newcastle after watching the Knights win over Canberra on Saturday night.

Penrith utility Luke Lewis had been brought into the NSW squad as 18th man, but Murray said Panthers hooker Luke Priddis would be called up if Buderus could not overcome the injury.

"It was always the case that shadow players were selected ... Luke Priddis is the shadow player there," Murray said.
"He was thought of very highly in the selection meetings."
Centre Mark Gasnier (hip) ran freely at training.

logo_aap.jpg

©AAP 2006

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=101044

Alex28

Coach
Graham Murray was on Sportsworld this morning and said it was precautionary and he expects that Danny will play.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Damn thats no good at all. Funny tho that he "injured" his back whilst driving back from WATCHING the Knights game lol

northey

First Grade
i dunno about this, my gut feeling is that danny is fine, and it is a sneaky thing by the SOO NSW team to do.

i expect danny will be fine on wednesday and he will be backing up on friday night (but he will be seeing some bench)

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah I think he will play on Wednesday night.
It's nothing major and I think it would take alot for him to pull out of Origin.

Ben

Bench
Please no! Last night against the Raiders showed that we are still vulnerable with Joey and no Bedsy. Please, don't get injured because we seriously need him.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Buderus, Tahu miss NSW Origin training
Monday, May 22, 2006 - 4:00 PM

NSW captain Danny Buderus remains in serious doubt for Wednesday's opening State of Origin rugby league match after failing to train with his team on Monday afternoon.

Buderus, who has been troubled by back spasms, worked out by walking on a treadmill in the gym as his team trained at Aussie Stadium.

Veteran Penrith hooker Luke Priddis was called into the Blues camp as back up on Monday and trained in Buderus's place.

Centre Timana Tahu also had a gym session instead of training with the team while 18th man Luke Lewis ran with the team.

Source: AAP

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/1272/Default.aspx

Ben

Bench
Damn injuries are crippling the New South Wales team. First Cooper and Gasnier were in doubt. Gasnier is cleared but Cooper was replaced by Grothe. Now, both Tahu and Buderus may be gone as well.

~bedsy~

First Grade
They said in the paper today that Tahu will play he just had a virus.
It also said it's looking better for Buderus and Murray will give him till kick off to prove his fitness.

antonius

Coach
I have a feeling the Danny Injury might be a bit of gamesmanship. I think he'll play, and play a part for us Friday night.

Master Vippo

Juniors
I reallly hope so. More so for our sake. I think we need him a lot. Budersus.....................(daylight).....................................Brown

IS it just my memory or imagination but Murray was always playing games like at the goosters, He was famous for it and gould followed on.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Buderus 'good chance to play' in Origin
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 9:47 AM

Injured NSW captain Danny Buderus is a "very good chance to play" in Wednesday's rugby league State of Origin opener, according to Blues head trainer Paul McGregor.

McGregor said the hooker would jog this morning and run again this afternoon as he attempts to shake the lower back problem that has disrupted his preparation for the Telstra Stadium clash with Queensland.

"Danny is a very good chance, he had a scan yesterday and it came up clear," McGregor told Sydney radio station 2KY.

"He had a back injury two years ago and the scans are very similar to then but there's no new damage.

"He is obviously racing the clock because it's coming around so quick, tomorrow night.

"He's done everything possible and the physios are working very hard with him, he went for a nice brisk walk yesterday afternoon, and he's going to have a slight jog this morning and another run this afternoon.

"So fingers crossed. He's a tough guy, he's been through this sort of thing before, I think he'll be okay."

Blues centre Timana Tahu also remains in doubt for the match.

Tahu was reported to have a viral illness after missing training with the team on Monday.

McGregor was asked if Tahu's problem was flu or something a little more serious.

"I think a little more serious than that, but again an Origin game is a lot more different than a club game, you go into games like this with bumps and bruises and you push through it," he said.

"Look, I think he'll be okay, I can't be positive with you at the moment, but what I can do is tell you the truth and that they're both still into the contest right up until tomorrow night."

McGregor said the Blues' illness and injury-dogged preparation would not be looked as an excuse for defeat.

"No excuses come tomorrow night, we've trained really well, it's been a steady build-up until thee last two days when we really started to lift it," he said.

"Every year you go through this, there's no doubt about that, ideally you don't like it, but you've just got to deal with it."

McGregor said the recent club form of the stand in players - hooker Luke Priddis and back Luke Lewis - had been exceptional.

He also had no doubt Craig Gower would do a great job as captain if Buderus was ruled out.

"He (Gower) loves it, he thrives on it.

"He's a tough customer, anything thrown his way in relation to a challenge, he just excels, so he's really looking forward to the challenge for the Blues. There's only one other area you go up and that's captain of Australia."

Source: AAP

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/1282/Default.aspx

Latest posts