What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus tackles Brian by the book

cram

Bench
Why are people trying to turn this into a Smith OR Buderus argument.

Both are what they are - the club got great service from both guys.

You don't have to choose one and dislike the other, just because THEY didn't see eye to eye.

Joey and Ben Kennedy had a fight once - doesn't mean we have to pick one and diss the other.

Valid point.

Serc

First Grade
Hey cram, is this the return of using coloured text depending on what you mean? :p

Knightmare

Coach
Another thing to remember is that the Knights teams Bedsy spent his formative years in (1997-2002) were great sides on paper, and would have been title contenders no matter who coached them. A player can begin to take success like that for granted, and is then unable to see the point when a coach is holding the side back. There was a bit of dead wood not pulling their weight (Newton, Perry) who'd made their career running off blokes like BK, Bedsy and Joey. Brian Smith saw this and knew it was time for change. I can see why Bedsy would have been upset, considering what the teams were like when he started playing 1st grade.

On saying that, out of Mick Hagan or Brian Smith I know who I'd definitely rather go for a beer with. But I also know who I would rather have coaching my NRL side too...

voltron

Juniors
anyone buy this book?
i did on the weekend
from Big W
it was like $22.74?
yeah it was a fun and good read
=)
so interesting to hear about the older newcastle guys
a little all over the place
but great all the same

I'll be grabbing it this weekend, cant say I'll be in a rush to read it......... Any dirty secrets revealed Voltron or did he take the softcock approach?

voltron

Juniors
nah nothing too bad
he was ever diplomatic
but yeah
wasnt going to pick it up for 35
but was glad Big W had it
=D

Still only young JM will be happy to have him as our hooker for the next 10 years or so. Great defender and towards the end of the season was looking sharp with his dummy half scoots.

Johns Magic

Referee
He's a good hooker, but to suggest he's as good as Buderus is an insult to the champion that Buderus was.

Serc

First Grade
I think he could go pretty close Yoshy :) already he is of huge value to us, just like Buderus was.

Until Isaac has Bedsy's dummy half running game (which is widely regarded as one of, if not the, greatest in the game's history), he will never be in the same class as Danny.

Yosh

Coach
Newie I thought he just changed the style of the dummy half... I would say alot of hookers these days all have a great running game but they are all following in the steps of Bedsy... Look at some of the games we won where De Gois was just running the house down!

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Cameron Smith is but he has the added kicking game.. When Ike decides to take control, he really shows his ability. I can't forget his try against the dragons this year when they were in top form. The way he went from dummy half and drew the markers was brilliant.