What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buggers try does not justify his inclusion next week.

schnitzel

Juniors
Boogs is our only back at the moment who can hit a hole and weave through. It's just a shame that he drops the ball when he gets into space, but for this I lay the blame on his inside men who either pass the ball too hard or give it to Boogs as an afterthought when the defence is in his face. Can't defend his lack of patience and ability to piss off the ref however...

thickos

First Grade
The biggest problem for mine is that he is 28. Why we are not giving David Milne (19 y.o) a go is beyond me - kids like him are the future.

paulquinn49

Bench
So his age affects his position in the team? What about Joel. Yes on his day he is 20 times the player Boogs is. But considering he hasnt played with heart for over a month we should reward him with a spot in our famous colours while punishing someone who gives his all a spot in reggies?

Joel - Skills>no passion>crap for a month at least>not loyal>leaving

Boogs - Not as skilled>tries his arse off>makes a few mistakes>takes some tough hitups and tackles.

I know who id pick. Im all for giving Milne a chance, at the expense of Joel tho

Angel Of Death

Juniors
everyone knows I cant stand Bulgarelli but honestly the way players such as Monaghan and McLinden are playing (guys who at different stages of their careers have looked like the future of the Raiders) with absolutley no heart or brains, I mean it's hard to drop one of the guys who is atleast showing up, no matter how inept he may be at times. Ive said all year our outside backs is where we are behind the rest of the comp, we have a few players who can look like world beaters at their best but there isnt much depth and now with a few injuries and suspensions out wide (well done Nathan Smith, way to begin a career that was already going great guns) we are playing wingers and premier leaguers at 4 postions. We desperatley need Jamie Lyon, considering how little the Raiders management have done in the past few off seasons they should be doing everything possible to finally get a world class player with genuine strike power to the Raiders. It's been a long time since we had a player like that, and even longer since we had one we didnt raise ourselves.

Brimmer

Juniors
Bulgarelli is nowhere near the worst player in the club. I find it unbelievable some people here keep protecting some of the more senior players performances and put all their shit on boogers.

Our ability to break defensive lines is IMO the worst in the competition and Bulgarelli was probably the only person in the Raiders outfit that looked like having a line break. We are in seriously deep shit unless we address the halfback issue ASAP. Macca is crap as with Drew.

hrundi99

First Grade
Yesterday really confirmed that we honestly have no decent playmaking options.

You can criticise our 3/4s but if they're not getting decent ball then there's not a lot they can do.

Brimmer

Juniors
Robbo... 10 tackles 7 Missed Tackles

C'mon people... that stat is far worse. %58 tackle efficiency is far, far from first grade.

Every player is responsible for our poor performances. Everybody has played shite.

all i can say is

1. Schif :|
2. Robbo :x / Gafa :clap:
3. Mogg :clap:
4. Bulgarelli :clap:
5. Monoghan :x
6. Croker :clap:
7. Macca :x
8. O Hara :x your beta than this dude. pick it up
9. Woolford :x
10. Thompson :|
11. Wiki :clap:
12. Hindy :|
13. T. Smith :)

14. Weyman :clap: :clap:
15. Rothery :)
16. Miller :?
17. Drew #-o

Alan Shore

First Grade
What's happened to McLinden? Has alot of talent and hasn't hit form this year at all. I like the guy and he should be playing much better than he is.

greeneyed

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
Boogs showed heart, which is more than most of the team.

No, he will never be a champion, and yes, he will continue to make hideous errors, but at least he takes the ball to the line and lines back up in defence...which is more than many of the team can say after this round.

This makes him of Premier League standard at best.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Melbourne scored there first try after the penalty conceded by Boogers. After that they got a roll on and looked like winners. A small note i know but in retrospect had that penalty not been given away Schif is returning the balll from an Orford kick and wer're back in posession.

greeneyed

First Grade
Tidus_Raider said:
Melbourne scored there first try after the penalty conceded by Boogers. After that they got a roll on and looked like winners. A small note i know but in retrospect had that penalty not been given away Schif is returning the balll from an Orford kick and wer're back in posession.

And what about the try they scored directly after Boogas dropped the ball?

And what about the other 16 players who missed crucial tackles that led to the other tries?

Yes, let's blame Bulgarelli for everything. :roll:

Fair dinkum greeneyed, give it a rest.

On current form, he is the only player we have who looks anything LIKE breaking the line. On current form, he is one of a select few who is giving 100%. That's enough for me.

greeneyed

First Grade
IBG... I just find it very difficult to accept having a player of Premier League/Qld Cup standard in first grade, no matter how badly we are playing. I would rather we were bringing up some youngster and losing as badly, as I would know there is a future in developing the player. Bulgarelli is dead wood standing in the way of the development of the club. I am so totally frustrated with it, especially as we are actively RECRUITING dead wood..... I won't give it a rest while the club persists with this misguided strategy.

greeneyed

First Grade
So let's play the young reserve graders in firsts. At least they have a chance of developing into better players.

While I don't agree with that entirely Ed, that's kinda my point. We don't have anyone better at this point. greeneyed, what other centres do we have right now? Jamie Russo? PNG Steve is injured. Milne isn't a centre. Anyone else?

Unless we have a better alternative, which we don't, he shouldn't be dropped.