What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buggers try does not justify his inclusion next week.

edabomb

First Grade
Not seeing any reserve grade talent being over here in NZ I guess I have no idea on how good these juniors really are. I think Elliott has left it too late to bring anyone in, with two games in I think it has the potential to do more damage than good.

greeneyed

First Grade
It IS too late. And this is one of my main concerns with the performance of the coaching staff. Decent coaches bring up and bring on the young talent. Timid coaching staff who would like to populate the team with players over 30 don't do it. If Carney had been brought on, maybe we would have a snowflake's chance in hell of making the finals.

Kris_man

Bench
i wish you guys would stop bagging russo, he's actually pretty good IMO. i'd like to see him in the first grade line up this week with Tyran and Ruben out.

edabomb said:
Not seeing any reserve grade talent being over here in NZ I guess I have no idea on how good these juniors really are. I think Elliott has left it too late to bring anyone in, with two games in I think it has the potential to do more damage than good.
#-o i really fail to see how it can do damage. there's a slight chance that it'll do damge to the young individual himself, but it can't hurt the raiders. even this argument that bringing them into first grade would hurt their confidence, it's just silly IMO. First of all, it's speculation: IF they get hammered then they MIGHT have their confidence destroyed and this drop in confidence MIGHT last their whole career. How about this for speculation: IF they play great then they WILL get a whole heap of confidence for next year, and that MIGHT last their whole career. I think even selecting them alone would be great for the confidence, it sends the message "if you play well, you'll get rewarded". But regardless of that, getting picked for first grade is an achievement, and it therefore brings confidence. That's so obvious i shouldn't even be explaining it.

It's funny that its often the so called "positives" who are so negative about bringing the youngsters up, whereas the so-called "negatives" are the ones who are really positive about our young guys. There's 2 reasons why it's stupid calling us negative:
1) our negativity may be justified; and
2) just because we're negative in one area doesn't mean where not positive in other areas, eg, faith in our juniors.

Raider Azz

Bench
How bout we stop putting everyone in these "groups". What are we? In 7th grade or something? We are all Raiders fans, and we should all stick together. Especially in times like these.

Anonymous

Juniors
i wish you guys would stop bagging russo, he's actually pretty good IMO. i'd like to see him in the first grade line up this week with Tyran and Ruben out.

I tend to agree. At least he could steer us around the park.

hrundi99

First Grade
I think we also have to realise the Mac HAS done a good job of playmaking in the past (not consistent enough but he has won us games), and that he is simply out of form at the moment.

Is he a great halfback? Not really. Is he a good attacking player (when in form)? Certainly.

Brimmer

Juniors
We desperately need somebody in the no.7 to help the raiders. IMO Macca is not the man. We have given him a couple of decent seasons there and it hasn't worked. Everybody is kidding themselves if he is a good halfback.

I am not doubting his individual talent but his ability to read play, kick, pass and his general defence is shocking.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I disagree totally with this thread, Booga had a really good game on Sunday. One of the few who did. Because of past instances, if Booga drops the ball everyone is on him about it like it's the worst drop ball in the history of the game. I think Booga has been one of the big improvers this year, he's willing to put his hand up unlike a few players I saw on Sunday.

thickos

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
I disagree totally with this thread, Booga had a really good game on Sunday. One of the few who did. Because of past instances, if Booga drops the ball everyone is on him about it like it's the worst drop ball in the history of the game. I think Booga has been one of the big improvers this year, he's willing to put his hand up unlike a few players I saw on Sunday.

I wouldn't say he has been one of the 'big improvers'.... :oops: :shock: :?

Latest posts