What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs/Errors Thread

angelus

Juniors
Please post all known bugs/errors so we can pass them onto Sidhe and they might be able to bring out a patch.

TripleM

Juniors
Might be a good idea, they probably aren't thinking about a sequel yet and I don't want to sound negative, I love this game, but I'll just list everything I've noticed..

You can convert thru the posts and not be awarded the conversion. Happened a few times, to the AI too.
If you take a kickoff after the hooter has gone, another hooter goes :D
If you knock the ball on after the hooter, the scrum is played instead of going to the break.
You can kick far too far on a penalty by bouncing it out, the other team can't play at it much.
uh yeah I forgot all the other ones I had thought of..

Paullyboy

Coach
Minor bug but still should probably be fixed - If you play in season mode and kick a penalty goal, it is recorded in that players stats as a field goal.

It wouldnt worry me in the least if it wasnt fixed but if they are trying to make the game perfect they could change that.

Also - im not sure if its classified as a bug - The defending team from a scrum automatically leave a huge gap up the middle. The wingers and centres all dart to one side and the halves run back toward the scrum so its going to be a guaranteed try off every scrum.

Anonymous

Juniors
You need to be able to swap the positions of players as well as making interchanges (during a game), and you need to be able to move the positions of players within a squad list (when editing squads) rather than just taking them in and out of the squad. Not being able to do this leads to some rather ludicrous situations.

Razor

Coach
* After you take a penalty kick to touch if the hooter goes you don't get the 1 play you should

* If you score a try and the hooter goes, the kickoff still occurs and 1 play is played.

PaulWright

Juniors
Firstly, great game. Long overdue since ARL 96 and looks like it will be great fun.

Here are some bugs I have noticed after a couple of games...
* First game I played was a 0-0 draw after full time and Vossy declared it a narrow win to Manly

* I would really like it if the referee had different whistle noises and signals. I find it confusing when a changeover or knockon sounds like a penalty whistle. Plus the signals arent quite accurate enough for me to establish what has happened if the whistles all sound the same.

* Penalty after the siren and it didnt allow the next play.

All quite minor bugs, so that is a huge compliment for the first version of a new game. Well done to the developers.

PW

NZtiger

Juniors
agreed, they have done well, and I'm sure a new polished version is already in anticipation!!!

Jono Russell

Bench
*dont know if its just me but you cant fight for scrum wins , like the team that puts the ball in allways gets it back, i prefer tow in my scrums using a little skill.

*the way the player stands still when passed to him it really annoys me alot and its hard to charge him up.

*the passing all together could be improved a whole lot more

but over all is a great game and way better then any union or afl game.

Jono Russell

Bench
one more thing that really BUGS me is the amount of knock ons,and penalties that occur in the game it sometimes feels like a nfl with stoping allmost every set of tackles.

***MH***

Bench
somethingwithjohn said:
*dont know if its just me but you cant fight for scrum wins , like the team that puts the ball in allways gets it back, i prefer tow in my scrums using a little skill.

it has already bêen confirmed before that scrums are uncontested.

Morenito

Juniors
There is a problem with the disc you are using.
It may be dirty or damaged
Remove the disc to Continue

Pretty good for a game that’s 4 hours old!
:roll:

Razor

Coach
somethingwithjohn said:
*the way the player stands still when passed to him it really annoys me alot and its hard to charge him up.

Pass later or start running before he catches it.

I wouldn't like him to run all the time when he catches it. Same as in real life, the receiver doesn't always catch the ball running. He catches and passes, no running at all.

*the passing all together could be improved a whole lot more

IMO the passing system is the best part of the game. Very easy to pass who you want to - the only negative is if you try and offload but are tackled before you do it doesn't clear the pass. The dummy half then passes that direction. That does annoy me when I want to pass in the other direction or run from dummy half.

travdaddy

Juniors
a couple of things
one of my players was injured so i subed him, but he didn't leave the field, he just lay on the ground clutching his knee, you could even see him in the distance from the other side of the field.

also, i tied a game, and it went to golden point.. i then scored a try to clinch the game, but it didn't allow me to take the conversion, it just cut straight to the final score screen!!
i'm using the PC version

oh well, pretty cool game though, i think i'm gonna get many hours of fun
it's also very challenging for me, so thats good

angelus

Juniors
travdaddy said:
also, i tied a game, and it went to golden point.. i then scored a try to clinch the game, but it didn't allow me to take the conversion, it just cut straight to the final score screen!!

How is that a bug? That's exactly how it's meant to be. Score a try and the games over, just like in real life.

Kakihara

Juniors
when ever a player comes back from the bin you have to wait till play is stopped for the player to enter the field again.

Erhan

Juniors
Scenario :

I have the ball, & time has expired... I then lose the ball. End of game right ?

NO.

Scrum - Computer gets the scrum and scores to win the game.

RESULT :

NOT HAPPY JAN.

* Every time my player gets sent off his hair suddenly dissapears before my eyse lol very strange
* Hooter goes off twice at times
* I swear that during interchange I have seen a 2 headed player!!!
* once I was lineing up a goal and one of my bloody team mates was standing right in front of the sticks so I couldn't see the arrow :)
* Scoring from scrums is way ro easy

Bloody great game a building block for even better things to come I LOVE IT!! But these amusing bugs needed to me mentiond

devonuto

Juniors
I've noticed a couple of things... if you get held up over the try line on the fifth tackle, you still get the scrum feed instead of being a handover. Also if you do a short kickoff and the opposing team catches the ball on the full inside 10 from the halfway line gives a penalty to the kicking team for the recieving team being off-side...

both of these are major glitches in the rules of the game... and cause a lot of arguments with your mates. Also not being awarded conversions when they clearly went over the black dot tends to piss you off.

travdaddy

Juniors
angelus said:
travdaddy said:

How is that a bug? That's exactly how it's meant to be. Score a try and the games over, just like in real life.

i just thought whenever you score a try, you get the opportunity to convert it, sorry my bad

Latest posts