What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs/Errors Thread

NPK

Bench
Quite a few times a player with the ball runs onto the sideline and it is play on. I even saw a player run clearly over the sideline today just before scoring a try.

I have the PS2 version and I'd like to know what the rule is for changing the players you control on the field. When I hit the button to switch control of player on defense, it never changes to the player i expect it to change to, ie. the one closest to the ball. Most of the time it changes to the fullback or someone else 20-30 meters away from the ball forcing me to switch again and sometimes several times to get it right. Be lucky if i get it to the right player before the computer scores a try.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I dummy and the player with the ball goes all pixelated and squiggly like when you turn off a telly,and flies towards the screen for the duration of the animation.Scares the sh!t out of me,it does :evil:

Evil Homer said:
I dummy and the player with the ball goes all pixelated and squiggly like when you turn off a telly,and flies towards the screen for the duration of the animation.Scares the sh!t out of me,it does :evil:
happened to me aswell

Evil Homer

Staff member
Deano wire till i die said:
Evil Homer said:
happened to me aswell

Bloody scary init.I fell off my chair one time :evil:

Just now playing as Wales v PNG on inertias international edition in the world cup quater final,a player got injured and when the replacement came on he was about as tall as most of the players knees and all quivery.He was also rectangular.Dunno if this is a bug in the game or just ineretias patch...

go to the wolves squad and have a look on how big paul noone is. i promise in real life hes arund six foot not smaller than gary hulse its quite funny though :lol:

Phillips

Referee
i was over the try line and was tackled to the ground...but no try was given...THE BALL WAS CLEARLY TOUCHING THE GROUND :x

and the player at dummy half did a NFL style pass (through the legs) and the player who got the ball (Michael Buettner) through an NFL Style pass foward by a long way to my winger who was running down field....what the #-o

this is on the PS2 version

Phillips said:
i was over the try line and was tackled to the ground...but no try was given...THE BALL WAS CLEARLY TOUCHING THE GROUND :x

and the player at dummy half did a NFL style pass (through the legs) and the player who got the ball (Michael Buettner) through an NFL Style pass foward by a long way to my winger who was running down field....what the #-o

this is on the PS2 version
that happened to me inthe final and i got beat coz of that :( :( ..................... :lol:

JKS

Juniors
I'm getting really frustrated by the game at the moment, in particular my last two games playing Super League in Legend mode.
Game 1: Led 15 - 10 with 30 seconds to play. Kick ahead on the last and a scrum packs 10 mtrs out from the opposition line. They win the scrum, kick a 40-20, score on the next play and convert. Final score 16-15 (Grrrrr...)
Game 2: Half time lead 24-4. The opposition are soft and I've quite easily defended again them all first half. 2.5 minutes into the second half and they are playing like the competion leaders, in can't put them on the ground, they keeep offloading no matter what I do and they score 4 tries to lead 28-24 with five minutes to play ("The crowd is shocked" ...)
There are heaps of examples where game results feel completely scripted and don't reflect the match. Good news is I'm still running third after round 16 !!!

Ray

Juniors
I kicked ahead for Joe Rokocoko to chase, and the ball was in the ingoal, and Rokocoko tackled the Bronco ingoal, but it was a 20m restart!

Should have been a drop out.

Sort it out fellas. :D

bulldog

Bench
This thread might as well be abandoned , there are no plans for a patch ! I only hope they do not try to make some "enhancements" to this current game engine for the next game . It needs to be completely rewritten so that we don't have more "problems with design rather than implementation" .

Mario

Juniors
bulldog said:
This thread might as well be abandoned , there are no plans for a patch ! I only hope they do not try to make some "enhancements" to this current game engine for the next game . It needs to be completely rewritten so that we don't have more "problems with design rather than implementation" .

There is no need to abandon the thread, even if there is no second patch. Much of it contains useful information about issues with the current version (which helps us with customer support), as well as for a possible sequel. This is especially true for 'bugs' which have been listed which are actually limitations of the functionality or AI rather than errors in the code.

As for whether the game engine would need to be rewritten from scratch, thats a seperate debate.

bulldog

Bench
Fair enough , it is good to see that you are still around and obviously checking this thread . We are all praying for a sequel , but I certainly won't be buying it as soon as it hits the shelves , as I did with the current title . I was close to returning it after two weeks , I'm still getting frustrated every now and again .
As for rewriting the game , I don't pretend to know just how much work goes into making a game or engine , but some of the bugs are so obscure I have only ever seen them once or twice , and I wonder just how you would pinpoint the piece of code that causes them . Anyway , thanks for the reply and good luck and God speed .

Mario

Juniors
bulldog said:
As for rewriting the game , I don't pretend to know just how much work goes into making a game or engine , but some of the bugs are so obscure I have only ever seen them once or twice , and I wonder just how you would pinpoint the piece of code that causes them.

Another good reason for the thread :) It makes us aware of the incredibly obscure stuff.

Mario

Juniors
Deano wire till i die said:
is there going to be an other offical patch out anytime.

At present that is unlikely, as our whole code team is tied up with something else and it depends on what is happening with a sequel (which will determine the resources we have free in the coming months).

It may happen, but doubtful, sorry :(

beef

Juniors
Ive never seen a scrum go against the head in League

it happened twice in this final series alone. Cowboys did it to Roosters in the semi and then the Roosters did it to the Bullogs in the grand final (i think it was these games) - although it wasnt because the hooker hooked it back for his own team. It was just a really big push that the other team clearly wasnt prepared for.

Azkatro

First Grade
You can't be offside when they take a tap after a penalty! Just select a player, run up next to them and tackle the bloke the second he makes the tap. The referee happily lets it go :lol:

Also if an offside player makes a tackle but the ball is passed, it's play on every time.

Just a little Bug with the AI in the game, ive noticed that when it comes to taking penalties, the computer often chooses the poorest option for the situation, expecially when the siren has allready gone. This happened to me today when i was playing a Wakefield vs Hull match, 30 mins long, it was 24-all with 8 seconds left when the computer (Hull) recieved a penalty directly infront of the posts 15 meters out from the line. Instead of taking the obvious option and kicking the goal and winning the game (the clock had counted down to 0 by this point), they chose to kick for touch, end the game and settle with a dissipointing draw.

Latest posts