What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs/Errors Thread

budz

Juniors
One thing that isnt mentioned is the fact there is kind of a designated dummy half. It wouldnt be a problem if it was the hooker, but it always seem to be random players. And you have to wait until that player gets to dummy half everytime.

*When I did a 40/20 kick, they game was "alive" but just not moving at all

*Game sometimes freezes

*passing is a bit off sometimes and it could be better

*when i have put say Joey Johns in the Panthers lineup, when we play Newcastle Joey Johns is still playing for them as well so it is Johns vs Johns???

*view needs to be closer a bit more.

Razor

Coach
Panthers_Warriors2004 said:
*when i have put say Joey Johns in the Panthers lineup, when we play Newcastle Joey Johns is still playing for them as well so it is Johns vs Johns???

When suggestions were asked for, the public wanted maximum customization.

So they allowed you to play the same player in several different teams.

I disagree and don't like the idea, but the majority of people did for some reason. Same with playing Kiwis & QLDers in the NSW team.

Briza

Juniors
These are the bugs I have noticed on Xbox, some have been noted already.

1. When a player gets sent off, and you press the A button to quicken it up - he loses his hair lol.
2. Conversions over the dot are sometimes waved away?
3. When you tackle an apponent head on , he loses the ball forward and the ref says play on???
4. I was in the G/F on reserve mode with 19sec to go and the bloody game froze.

There was a few more nuances, but over all still a bloody great game - I'M HOOKED!!!

P.J.

Juniors
I'm having a MAJOR PROBLEM

It doesn't work. I played it for a while, about 10 games which was great. I closed the game after saving several seasons I started, and I cant open the game anymore.

I am very upset. I dont know what's causing it, but i've restarted, deleted and re-created the icon, opened it through Explorer, and it wont work.

The game begins to load, minimises all by itself, and then when I maximise it, it closes.

I CANT PLAY ANYMORE

Can someone please contact me asap.

rabbitoh@msn.com

I live local if you want me to bring my laptop around and see what's doing. Is anyone else having this problem with the pc version?

P.J.

Juniors
It's loading sometimes now, but I can't open my saved games.

Everytime I try I get to the "Load Competition" screen, hit "Load Competition" and it minimises and closes.

Can someone help me please?

P.J.

Juniors
I just got the game working. I looked at my created teams, and they are all gone. I looked at my created player and it's gone, I looked at my created competition and it's gone.

I started a new game and tried to save it, but it crashed.

I'm running a Pent 4 laptop, only 6 months old with GeForce4 graphics.

Someone please contact me.

P.J.

Juniors
I just opened the "log" file, and this is what it said.

INFO : =================================
ERROR: File open failed : file - data\\db\\custplyr.db, mode rb (No such file or directory)
ERROR: File open failed : file - data\\db\\custteam.db, mode rb (No such file or directory)
ERROR: File open failed : file - data\\db\\custcomp.db, mode rb (No such file or directory)

P.J.

Juniors
I just uninstalled the game, and re-installed it.

No changes, still cant load games, still cant save new games, and still can see my custom players/teams/comps.

Very frustrating!!! :(

P.J.

Juniors
Update on my situation

I loaded the game this morning with no problems, but still couldn't open any saved games.

I re-created a custom player/team and competition, as the ones I created went bye bye's somehow.

When I tried to load a game, it worked again. I tried to open my custom competition, which relied on 5 custom teams i created initially, but I only created 1 team the second time around, and as I expected, the game crashed.

So, I deleted the custom season, and thankfully for me, my normal seasons didn't rely on any changes I made and somehow lost, and I have continued my season without problems.

Souths are equal first at 6-2.

I'm really hoping that this wont happen again, but seeing as I didn't fix anything, and still dont know what caused it, i'm not very hopeful.

As for the game, it's great. A few things need to be sorted for the next version, but I wasn't expecting a EA Sports style game first time around. This is a fantastic start and full credit to everyone involved.

Let's just hope my problems are goooooorrrrrrnnnnnneeeeeee.

nz_kid

Juniors
do u no when u frist start up the game and it loads up your saved game. Well it does for about 5 seconds and then it says load failed :( . and i have just about finised the game and i checked my memoey card and it on there. anyone who could help me?????? I have already sent a email to tur blu.

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
You need to be able to swap the positions of players as well as making interchanges (during a game), and you need to be able to move the positions of players within a squad list (when editing squads) rather than just taking them in and out of the squad. Not being able to do this leads to some rather ludicrous situations.

Thats what I want to do aswell.

Razor

Coach
Just discovered something.

I had the game won so was just playing about. I kicked the ball backwards. When I ran back to regather it, I knocked it on.

Since it was the last tackle, there wasn't a scrum. The changeover occured and there were 2 QLD players there playing the ball, but my defence wasn't - the other QLD players weren't either. I seen my side running from the side just as the play-the-ball occured. So of course they ran the length of the field and scored a try.

And also -

It's not so much a bug.

A lot of sports games are like this.

In some instances the camera angles are hard to see the ball.

* When you kick a field goal, and it hits the post, when it bounces back you can't see where the ball is going.

* When the computer kicks off. If it goes near the sideline you can't see where the ball is going so can't try to get it.

d00d

Juniors
not sure if this has already been mentioned, but in side-on view.... when a winger runs down the line (at the bottom of ur TV), the camera doesn't follow him properly, his out of sight... so he ends up running 100m for a try

Arnie

Juniors
budz said:
One thing that isnt mentioned is the fact there is kind of a designated dummy half. It wouldnt be a problem if it was the hooker, but it always seem to be random players. And you have to wait until that player gets to dummy half everytime.

for me with the Broncos it alway seems to be Michael Devere at dummy half and he seems to be in the middle of the field doing all the tackling??

Reggie Dunlop

Juniors
in the PC version.
If you drop out on the full the ref awards the opposition a scrum, instaed of a penalty. Voss calls a penalty though.

Briza

Juniors
Another thing that shytes me is that after you score a try the replay only shows the last half of the run, it misses all the fends,dummy's, and chip kicks???

Paullyboy

Coach
Definately a major bug is the sin bin/send off thing. Regardless of being a sin bin or send off, the referee animation is always the 10 fingers up sin bin animation and he always says your sent off. The only way to know what happened is to listen to Andrew Voss, or so i thought, because he was wrong a couple of times today as well - so there is no telling whether a player is sin binned or sent off, its quite annoying.

And on defence on the PC version (not sure bout others) when you go to change player, it never chooses the player closest to the ball and you end up having to get some other player to make a tackle when someone else was right there,

Latest posts