What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buhrer and Rose...... do we need them?

BlueEyes

Juniors
Watching the second half debacle against Parra it has been confirmed that these two really are not worth having. Buhrer back to Toyota Cup and Rose, well he just cant hang on to a ball. Buhrer may have been playing out of position but really in his regular position the last few weeks he has not played well. Lies in the tackle way too long and gives away penalties for it every game.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I think Rose has been fairly good, better than Lussick anyway. Buhrer looks down on confidence, he's looked like that since the Origin game to me.

At full strength it would be hard to keep Buhrer up in first grade with the form Harrison has been in.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Neither had a great game today. I feel for Buhrer today though. Playing wing when you are a backrower is going to be tough. He had no idea what to do with the sideline.

I noticed Ballin went to 2nd receiver at one point there. I wondered if Foran should have gone to centre and T-Rex to wing.

2013 is really looking to be a worry with the lack of depth we will have. If we have a big run of injuries like some of the other clubs have, we could be in a world of trouble.

Patorick

Staff member
Yes and yes.

You need someone with Buhrer's utility value on the bench.

And we also need Rose to suck in defenders and create space out wide.

(Not literally of course).

firechild

First Grade
Wing is a difficult position for anyone who hasn't spent much time there. Usually if the fullback goes then a centre moves to wing (even Lyon struggled when he got moved out there against the dogs) but losing a winger and the FB at the same time meant major shuffles. Buhrer offers plenty in the second row or at hooker he's even pretty reliable at centre but a winger he is not.