What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog Ben Roberts caught Drink Driving in an unregistered car

smeghead

Bench
Unfortunatley the law does not discriminate based on intent in this case. It should be a purely fact based case.

He was over the limit, got caught and has been issued an appropriate punishment by the courts.

He will probably waste more $$$ on legal fees for the appeal than the cost of the fine

jimmythehand

Juniors
are the bulldogs still under obligation to punish him? Maybe the appeal is an avenue through which he won't miss any footy for the Dogs since they have to wait for the courts to finish before they hand out their punishment?

ouwet

Bench
legend said:
I hope they increase the penalty.

He was caught DUI in an unregistered and uninsured car and he thinks a $1200 fine and three month suspension is too heavy?

What a turkey!

It's a crime to drive an uninsured car?

The car belonged to a sponsor of another player... How many times have you driven a mates car?

He drove the next morning (After sleeping) and thought he had no alcohol in his system, yes mistake BUT hardly as bad as driving that night knowing your over.

HevyDevy

Coach
It's just as bad as driving the night before. If he is over the limit he is over the limit, case closed. The law can't make allowances for someone not realising they are over.

It was Roberts' responsibility and now he can cop his punishment.

ouwet

Bench
HevyDevy said:
It's just as bad as driving the night before. If he is over the limit he is over the limit, case closed. The law can't make allowances for someone not realising they are over.

I agree... AND i agree with the 3 months given! BUT i do not agree with people saying he deserved more!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
HevyDevy said:

He took the responsibility of waiting until the next morning. 9:45am if I recall correctly is when he was caught.

He should be punished, no doubt - but not as harshly as suggested.

jimmythehand

Juniors
HevyDevy said:

it's obviously not as bad as driving the night before because it's a low range dui, whereas the night before it would have been high range.

His punishment should be comparable to any other low range dui.

Latest posts