What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Confirmed Signings & Contract News

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ennis, confirmed.

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....&id=33889&title=new-three-year-deal-for-ennis

New Three Year Deal For Ennis1/03/2011 11:00:00 AM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have secured the services of NSW State of Origin representative Michael Ennis long-term, with the hooker agreeing to a new three year contract extension with the Club .
The new contract takes Ennis through to the end of the 2014 NRL season and comes as a huge boost for the Club just two weeks out from its 2011 season opener against the Wests Tigers, to be played on Monday 14 March at ANZ Stadium.
Ennis has come on in leaps and bounds since joining the Bulldogs prior to the start of the 2009 season, earning the first of his four State of Origin appearances that year while also representing Country Origin (2009-10), the Prime Minister’s XIII (2010) and the NRL All Stars (2011).
He says that the decision to re-commit to the Bulldogs was the right one for a number of reasons.
“From day one I’ve felt at home here at the Bulldogs and I’m really pleased to be staying,” Ennis said.
“I turn 27 this month and the decision just felt right, both for myself as a footballer and also for my wife and children. From the first time I met Todd Greenberg and Kevin Moore, as well as the rest of the staff and playing group, I knew that the Club would act in the best interests of myself and my family and in turn I want to do my best for the Club.
“Also, I’m really happy to have my future sorted before the start of the season and now I can focus on making this year and the years to come as successful as possible. Certainly, with the likes of Josh Morris, Greg Eastwood, Frank Pritchard, Trent Hodkinson and more here well into the future I think that Bulldogs Members and everyone who follows the Club can look forward to an exciting time in its history.”
Bulldogs head coach Kevin Moore says as one of the squad’s senior players, securing Ennis’ services for three more years gives the Bulldogs added stability and direction.
“Mick is the kind of player that any head coach would love to have in his side,” Moore said. “He leaves nothing to chance. He’s a natural leader, is about the fittest bloke in the team, and he gives us outstanding direction on and off the field.
“Anyone who follows Rugby League knows what a fierce competitor he is, and away from the paddock he’s exactly the type of person that you love to have around the Club. I’m very pleased that he’s going to be a part of the Club long-term.”
Ennis will play his 50th match for the Bulldogs early in the 2011 season, and is on track to play his 150th career NRL game this year, given he will start the season with 132 matches to his name.
He has a career points tally of 300, from 21 tries and 108 goals, earned in stints at the Bulldogs, Brisbane, St. George-Illawarra and Newcastle, where he made his NRL debut in round 20 of the 2003 season.
“Mick was always keen to stay here at the Bulldogs and I’m thankful to both him and his management that we’ve been able to get him squared away before the start of the season,” Bulldogs Chief Executive Todd Greenberg said.
“We are over the moon to have him locked in until at least 2014 and I’d like to think that he sees himself staying here beyond that time. We’d love to see him finish his career as one of the Club’s greats.”

00010894-image.jpg

richies

Juniors
hey all dog supports
Im trying to get an accurate list of all contracted dogs from 2012 onwards
can anyone help me out??? :p

KEY
a ? means, Im sure there around in 2012 but dont know if its any longer or not sure if its this year it ends

top 25 2012 roughly

barba 2015
turner 2012
goodwin 2012
wright 2012
lett 2012 not sure if it's only 1 year
lafai 2014? pretty sure if not 2013
morris 2014?
keating 2012
hodgko 2013
tolman 2013 --- rumour too be shopped around for 2013?
Ennis 2014 captain
james graham 2014
eastwood 2013
frankie 2013
stagg 2012

sam 2012
payne 2013
dene 2012
marty 2012+?
gavet 2013
dale 2014
jackson 2013?
harlan A 2012?
luke madgog 2012?
josh reynolds 2012?
joel romelo 2012?
jake foster 2012?

nsw roughly

dan abou 2012
john kite 2012?
judah 2012?
shane pumpi 2012?
josh gill 2012?
dean mc glinchy 2012?
jake finn 2012?
karl mc nichol 2012?
kose leli 2012?
Sterling Siejka 2012?
Steve Azzi 2012?
Chris Affamasaga 2012?

nyc

klemmer 2013?
latu 2013?
gerald mc callum 2012?
tupuo sopoaga 2012?
carter 2012?
burr 2012 - we better get on with re signing this guy, or I'll be pissed...

alot of our sg ball players moving up also

david minute2012?

-----------------------

released recently
millo = overseas

So should have some extra money for 2012/13 maybe a mid season recruit?

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
Yep, Karl McNichol is back at the club. But we've lost Brendan Santi to Wests.[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]

trex

Juniors
Kk offered a 2 year deal which is great,finally get rid of hodkinson who has to be the wort signing in years at the dogs

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ummm... 'Hokko' still has another year to run on his contract, and it's not really fair for you to say what you just said considering he's been injured for most of this year, and prior to his injury, we were undefeated!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hodko worst signing? He hasn't lived up to potential obviously but chronic injury doesn't help...

trex

Juniors
Ummm... 'Hokko' still has another year to run on his contract, and it's not really fair for you to say what you just said considering he's been injured for most of this year, and prior to his injury, we were undefeated!

Lol
In the the first 3 games he was terrible also
270k a waste of money

trex

Juniors
Hodko worst signing? He hasn't lived up to potential obviously but chronic injury doesn't help...

If you watched any manly game, Foran carried him, everyone knows that, that's why hasler didn't resign him at manly

ZacGrant

Juniors
Trent hodkinson is a great halfback, he led manly pretty far before signing with bulldogs. He's been injured for practilly for the whole season. Now that keating is playing well the only way hodkinson is going to get a shot is if they both do interchange, keatings injured or keatings contract expires. Plus he'll be getting trained by des, who will push him to his best potential.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, and it's not signing news regarding us, but David Stagg has gone back to the Broncos. I'm glad as he's a top player and shouldn't be unattached. I wish him well.

Packy

Bench
Noticed Nathan Massey is listed for the 1st half team in the Belmore trial. When did he come back?

MatthewA

Juniors
Kite was back in the UK. No idea if he's trialing for us again. We'll see on Sunday I guess. He's Tony William's cousin.