What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bulldogs demand $1 million dollars for SBW

The Tank

Bench
I dunno where all this talk is coming from. Sonny won't be coming back to the NRL, he'll sign with an onion team in NZ.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think $1million is pushing it. Curious to see where Brent Tate will end up if he does leave the Warriors. Super League would be my guess.

Loudstrat

Coach
Price the injury prone overrated braindead twat out of the market Doggies. Hindy would cream him anyway.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure a lot of teams have an extra $mill tucked away for just such an occasion.

bobmar28

Bench
Get him back in the game because if he signs with super 14 it will be a huge boost for that code. Let go of the past, he's done his time.

Dogs Of War

Coach
As a Dogs supporter, I think we are being silly putting that sort of price on his head. HOnestly we got paid out, and the club is so much better off not having him here. Just let the Warriors have him for free.

THe publicity would be so good for the game in NZ having him play for that club. And if the support grows in NZ, it benefits the Bulldogs. The bigger picture is so much more important.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Look I still hate what he did, but would have him back at my club in a heartbeat (with contract clauses). He isn't bad, but he picked the wrong crowd - Mundine, Nasser and co. It was always headed for disaster. He was a naive 22 year old when he did what he did, I'm willing to forgive and forget, get the prodigal son back where he belongs - Belmore!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Possibly, but the articles does mention...

"We would be happy to have discussions with any NRL club considering signing Sonny Bill Williams prior to 2013," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said, refusing to mention a figure.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Typical of today's youngsters really, be disloyal and dettached from the people that look after you, whinge about every little thing and get rewarded.

BTW I think the Bulldogs should be asking for more.

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
He'll be f**king creamed in his first match back, so it might be too risky from that perspective.

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/nrl/news/article/-/6901446Warriors back in the hunt for Sonny Bill

Yahoo!Xtra Sport - March 8, 2010, 10:45 am
The New Zealand Warriors have been linked to union convert Sonny Bill Williams with reports they would pay the player's former team $1m compensation for the acquisition.
The Bulldogs own the rights on Williams who left the side mid-season in 2008 to switch to rugby union, joining French side Toulon.
The Kiwis international is rumoured to be looking at a return to the Southern Hemisphere either remaining in union or changing back to league.
Canterbury have Williams under contract until 2013 and are on record as saying the club would not release him under any circumstance.
However the Daily Telegraph reports that the Bulldogs may budge on that stance if another club paid them $1m compensation.
"We can't put our heads in the sand. If we were to get $1 million, we would be mad not to look at it," a source told the newspaper.
It is reported the Warriors owner Eric Watson could intervene and pay the extra amount to ensure Williams joined the Auckland based side. Williams was born in Auckland and attended Mount Albert Grammar School.
Williams would not be available to join any side until his contract with Toulon ends in June, midway through the NRL season.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Very poor headline.. Greenberg has never stated any figure and apparently only some "insider at the club" has said it. Complete trash.

Money Bill won't come back to the NRL

Latest posts