What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bulldogs demand $1 million dollars for SBW

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought the Warriors weren't even paying up to full salary cap. Where will they get $1mill from?

SBW can stay wasting away in France for me the scumbag.

fourplay

Juniors
As a Dogs supporter, I think we are being silly putting that sort of price on his head. HOnestly we got paid out, and the club is so much better off not having him here. Just let the Warriors have him for free.

THe publicity would be so good for the game in NZ having him play for that club. And if the support grows in NZ, it benefits the Bulldogs. The bigger picture is so much more important.

I agree completely. Best post in the thread.

big_matt

Juniors
As a Dogs supporter, I think we are being silly putting that sort of price on his head. HOnestly we got paid out, and the club is so much better off not having him here. Just let the Warriors have him for free.

THe publicity would be so good for the game in NZ having him play for that club. And if the support grows in NZ, it benefits the Bulldogs. The bigger picture is so much more important.

Well said. Having him back in league is good for the code, and the competition with rival codes, whether you like him or hate him. Bulldogs should ask for nominal fee at best and his contract at warriors could state he is financially liable if he walks out again.

One Warrior

Bench
Just reported on Radio Sport in New Zealand that Wayne Scurrah has said that the Warriors have no intention whatsoever of paying the Bulldogs One Million dollars for SBW.

roboshark

Coach
Typical of today's youngsters really, be disloyal and dettached from the people that look after you, whinge about every little thing and get rewarded.

BTW I think the Bulldogs should be asking for more.

Yes cool yes!!!

I see it every day with my staff...do nothing and want everything

Shorty

Staff member
Am I missing something here? The guy trashes the code in possibly the worst way and it'll be good for the game to sign him back up?
Rocks in heads.
No it wouldn't and he can stay in France.

gsweeper

Juniors
To be honest, i don't care if he comes back, i just want to be there when he plays the dogs, imagine how hostile the crowd would be to him lol

Charlie124

First Grade
Well said. Having him back in league is good for the code, and the competition with rival codes, whether you like him or hate him. Bulldogs should ask for nominal fee at best and his contract at warriors could state he is financially liable if he walks out again.

Yes because Sonny has proven in the past what contracts mean to him.

Let the scumbag rot in france, there is no way that him coming back to league could be considered "good for the game". Its time the NRL showed some backbone and made this wanker stick to his decision (to walk out). Letting him come back would be weak.

shiznit

Coach
just a point... people in here seem to be sure that the 1 Million or whatever the Warriors or whoever else pays to the Bulldogs will go on the Salary Cap.

im not so sure... from what ive seen already with South's transfer fee to Bradford for Sam Burgess.... i dont think transfer fees count under the cap...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bit of a change of heart from a side that said they would 'never allow it' when the Knights were talking about it last week...

maccattack

Juniors
yeah i dont know. id rather he doesnt come back to be honest.

sure i get what people say about the positives to be gained but i guess im old school.

it was a merkin act and merkin acts come with consequences. No matter how naive you might be at the time.

Hanscholo

Bench
Didnt williams buy out his agreement? I know the deal was that he couldnt come back for 'x' amount of years unless canterbury ok'd it, but asking for money for it is interesting.

If indeed he did pay out his contract to leave, and if he wanted to challenge it, i have my doubts as to wether or not the dogs would have a leg to stand on in court. If Sonny was to say he wanted to come back to the dogs, and they said no, i would imagine that would be grounds to challenge the arrangement and beat it.

Anyway, one thing you would have to make sure of before you spent a cent on him...Is he still associating with Nasser and Mundine? If so....walk away.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
One million.....per year hes contracted to the Bulldogs. Wow.

Id like him back in the game, but what does that say to the younger players coming through, that they can walk away like that and then be welcomed back because he has something to offer?

It would take a ball squeezed apology of Tiger Woods proportions for him to have any chance to get the puplic on side again. But public justice is always blood.

Doubt he would come back anyway, he is money hungry, unless the Warriors can offer him around $800 000 a year, I doubt hed sign with them. Its the All Blacks for him, and he will be a success there. Too bad most of Australia and the League world still couldnt give a sh*t.

Rocco

Juniors
You bulltards deserve what SBW did to your club and I have no sympathy or whatsoever your team. The Bulltards are the only club in th NRL that have been involved in more scandals than any other club (illegal shoulder pads, Oasis scandal, Coffs Harbour, salary cap rorters, regular crowd violence & riots) deserved exactly what you tards got.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
You bulltards deserve what SBW did to your club and I have no sympathy or whatsoever your team. The Bulltards are the only club in th NRL that have been involved in more scandals than any other club (illegal shoulder pads, Oasis scandal, Coffs Harbour, salary cap rorters, regular crowd violence & riots) deserved exactly what you tards got.

Who is the "tard" again?

Latest posts