What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bulldogs demand $1 million dollars for SBW

fourplay

Juniors
Todd Greenberg is a hypocrite. He is saying that SBW is worth a million dollars a year in marketing, bums on seats, revenue etc. yet when the bulldogs were under the cap by such a large amount and SBW asked for a small pay increase they told him to get f**ked.

LESStar58

Referee
WOuld Bulldogs fans want Sonny back? Would rugby league want him back? I don't really want him in the NRL. He turned his back on the game for big dollars and din't even go the right way about it.

Wouldn't trust the merkin as far as I could throw him!

Dazraider

Juniors
He is Human and money is on all minds unless you can survive in the bush and get your food for free.
SBW should come back to the game as we have let back in Drug users and i think thats alot worse than someone looking for some extra cash.

bobbis

Juniors
I doubt he'd be back when he can earn double elsewhere and we all know what his main priority is. I also doubt he'll go to NZ rugby, as h'de have to take a massive pay downgrade and on the field he's not really needed there. He's a mecenary I doubt RL will see him again and if they do it'll be late in his career Wendell or Lote style.

clarency

Juniors
Look at that... The genius's stupid decision is still costing people millions of dollars (potentially).

This is not going to look good for the NRL at all if they let him back in after what he did.

Show some gonads. Tell him to f*ck off.

Engine

Juniors
The Bulldogs should just take a compensation payout and let the guy play in the NRL.

*Bulldogs win by gaining cash.

*League wins by getting the most dynamic forward of recent times back.

Lets not kid ourselves....league has not replaced Sonny-Bill with a player of equal ability.

I'd absolutely love to see him back. Thurston can go away and take SBW's union paycheck instead.

Matt23

Staff member
The Bulldogs should just take a compensation payout and let the guy play in the NRL.

*Bulldogs win by gaining cash.

*League wins by getting the most dynamic forward of recent times back.

Lets not kid ourselves....league has not replaced Sonny-Bill with a player of equal ability.

I'd absolutely love to see him back. Thurston can go away and take SBW's union paycheck instead.

The bold part i agree, not convinced about the rest, there are plenty of dynamic forwards out there, that don't spend a large percentage of the time on the sidelines or being media whores, $BW can rot for all i care.

Eels Dude

Coach
Don't agree. Its the Bulldogs decision and if they want to hold him to their contract then they have every right to. He's made no effort to apologise for what he did and how he went about it. Union can keep him.

IFR33K

Coach
Name one forward more exciting than SBW in the last ten years?

Name me one other player, that disrespected the sport, his team mates, his sponsors, his club and most importantly his fans, the way $BW did.

He made a decision, based on himself, that had a very big impact on the Rugby League community.

If he is allowed to walk straight back in the NRL, whats to stop a player in the future doing the same.