What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs or Leeds?

nickdraperfto

Juniors
strong_latte said:
Although I hate the bulldogs, I hate the way that the poms crap on about the super league being better than the NRL because they win the WCC more often than we do... The fact is the match is usually tipped heavily in favour of the SL team and most people here just don't care so...

Hmmm....well noi but i have never heard everyone suggest that SL is a better comp than the NRL, i'd love to read the fantasists opinions somewhere????. Think its a bit of sour grapes on your behalf there, although i agree a lot of aussie teams have been underprepared...but thats who's fault?

atomic_crimson

Juniors
it all depends on if folkes approaches the game with his attitude towards a big match or his tude towards the 7's... if he takes it like the 7's then prehaps leeds...

In-goal

Bench
Leeds have apperently looked at possibly hosting the match at Leeds Uniteds Elland Road, this would bolster the prestige of this game as they IMO would sell out for a shot a world supremacy considering uniteds form.

strong_latte

Juniors
nickdraperfto said:
strong_latte said:
Although I hate the bulldogs, I hate the way that the poms crap on about the super league being better than the NRL because they win the WCC more often than we do... The fact is the match is usually tipped heavily in favour of the SL team and most people here just don't care so...

Hmmm....well noi but i have never heard everyone suggest that SL is a better comp than the NRL, i'd love to read the fantasists opinions somewhere????. Think its a bit of sour grapes on your behalf there, although i agree a lot of aussie teams have been underprepared...but thats who's fault?

Sour? What do I have to be sour about??? When our boys from Bondi (the Roosters) went over there and decided to treat the match like a high profile NRL match, we publically embarressed St Helens! I'm not sour at all!

Charge

Juniors
strong_latte said:
nickdraperfto said:
strong_latte said:

Sour? What do I have to be sour about??? When our boys from Bondi (the Roosters) went over there and decided to treat the match like a high profile NRL match, we publically embarressed St Helens! I'm not sour at all!

Leeds beat St Helens 70 - 0, but also lost 56 - 10 (not too sure of this exact result) against them this year which shows that St Helens are too hot and cold to compare your team with on just one match.

***MH***

Bench
Dogs desperate
By Steve Ricketts
October 19, 2004

THE Bulldogs will resist the temptation to rest their stars by sending a full-strength team to contest the World Club Challenge against English Super League champions Leeds.

The NRL yesterday confirmed the challenge - which has seen English clubs win seven of 12 matches - would be played at Elland Road in Leeds on February 5 next year.

Leeds secured its place in the annual pre-season match with a 16-8 victory over Bradford at Old Trafford, Manchester, over the weekend.

Previously, Australian clubs have treated the match with little respect but Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said his club was desperate to collect the NRL-WCC double.

"We will be treating the game very seriously," Noad said last night.

"All our senior players will be there. There is no way we will be treating it as a trial.

"You don't want to win the NRL grand final and then go overseas and get beaten by the English premiers."

DIEHARD

----
Dogs desperate
By Steve Ricketts
October 19, 2004

THE Bulldogs will resist the temptation to rest their stars by sending a full-strength team to contest the World Club Challenge against English Super League champions Leeds.

The NRL yesterday confirmed the challenge - which has seen English clubs win seven of 12 matches - would be played at Elland Road in Leeds on February 5 next year.

Leeds secured its place in the annual pre-season match with a 16-8 victory over Bradford at Old Trafford, Manchester, over the weekend.

Previously, Australian clubs have treated the match with little respect but Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said his club was desperate to collect the NRL-WCC double.

"We will be treating the game very seriously," Noad said last night.

"All our senior players will be there. There is no way we will be treating it as a trial.

"You don't want to win the NRL grand final and then go overseas and get beaten by the English premiers."

The Courier-Mail

Being realistic, you would have to favour the Dogs, but we've shown on a couple of occasions this season (the 70-0 being the most obvious example) that we can play some outstanding rugby, no matter who the opposition (yes, Saints were not particularly hot that night, but we nilled them and that takes some doing).
With a full-strength team, it is harder to call than many on here would have you believe. Can't wait for the first meeting of Ryan Bailey and Willie Mason!!!
The Down Under mob will also get a chance to see that McGuire and Senior tearing them apart in the Tri-Nations was no fluke :D :D :D :D

Latest posts