What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Re-sign Winitana And Kite

Dogaholic

First Grade
BULLDOGS RE-SIGN WINITANA AND KITE
Thursday 15 May 2008 10:12
by (Press Release)

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have secured the future of two more emerging stars, extending the contracts of local juniors Tim Winitana and John Kite for the 2009 and 2010 seasons. The extraordinary injury toll facing the Bulldogs has also led to the signing of Joe Williams who will play VB Cup and provide back-up in the halves.

After an impressive pre-season 21 year old Winitana forced his way into the starting side where he has had a strong impact in the centres, including a Players Player performance in the Round 2 match against the Rabbitohs.

20 year-old Kite has worked his way through the Bulldogs development pathways, playing in junior representative teams and working as a Trainee last year. The big front rower is expected to move into the top 25 squad next season.

Having played nearly 50 first grade games Williams provides a solid alternative in the halves in the event of further injuries.

"These are all important signings for us, we're particularly pleased to be able to secure the services of local juniors in Tim Winitana and John Kite," said CEO Todd Greenberg.

"They are both very capable players with a great deal to offer the club and we expect them to play a key role in a bright future for the Bulldogs.

"Joe Williams knows the demands of first grade football and is an important acquisition for us given the uncanny number of injuries we've endured already this season."

News source: www.bulldogs.com.au

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=30400

ibrmo01

Juniors
Winitana is a good kid...lucky we signed him before someone else did...although 2 years when he is a top notch player there will be no room to fit him and he will be gone!!!!!

I think we should be paying SBW more money now so he doesnt walk out on us....400k for SBW is cheap..

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I don't think Winitana is anything special to be honest

so what most people were saying this about cooper vuna and know you guys love him.

And Winitana appears a bit more switched than vuna.

Winitana just needs to back himself and get more confident - he's pretty solid unit and carrier his wait good I can see him knocking players out/over with hips a' la utai and vuna..

aqua_duck

Coach
Vuna played 1st grade at 17, so he definately has talent. Its just been a case of maturity with him. He's as big as Winitana, as strong if not stronger and quicker

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Winitana has far more potential than Vuna IMO. Vuna is a very good player, he's in my dream team and I love watching him play. But Winitana is a good talent. Has real leadership values, has impressed everyone this year and can play wing, center or 5/8. He's skilful on top of being aggressive, strong and a great defender. He will only get better and will definitely be playing rep.

aqua_duck

Coach
Winitana has far more potential than Vuna IMO. Vuna is a very good player, he's in my dream team and I love watching him play. But Winitana is a good talent. Has real leadership values, has impressed everyone this year and can play wing, center or 5/8. He's skilful on top of being aggressive, strong and a great defender. He will only get better and will definitely be playing rep.
I guess only time will tell, we're happy enough with Coops, and I guess you guys are happy enough with Wini

Eddie_T

Juniors
Wini FTW lol
Will he even be playing football at all in 2 years?
The guy is the worst defensive centre I've ever seen

ByRd

First Grade
Bulldogs_4_Life, are you talking about the same Winitana that played for us this year, a great defender??? seriously haha worst defensive back in the game and he is not aggressive at all, he needs to apply himself and fix his attitude and he may develop but he will only be a back up next year, Morris & Idris will have the starting spots

offseason

Juniors

you have NFI. a good defender, do you have your eyes painted on?

just stfu

offseason

Juniors

are you that idiot from port macquarie?