What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs snare Kiwis prop Eastwood

BPS

Juniors
http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2009/03/18/Bulldogs_snare_Kiwis_prop_Eastwood
Bulldogs snare Kiwis prop Eastwood

18/03/2009 10:33:00 AM. | AAP

• http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2009/03/18/Bulldogs_snare_Kiwis_prop_Eastwood#comments
    F_0_eastwood_greg_a_320.jpg

Former Brisbane Broncos prop Greg Eastwood has signed with the Bulldogs on a three-year NRL deal.

The New Zealand international trained with the team for the first time this morning.

Eastwood was prevented from joining English Super League team Leeds due to visa restrictions.

Eastwood has appealed the decision to reject his visa application and if the appeal is successful he has an option to join Leeds at the end of the Bulldogs' 2009 NRL season.

Eastwood, 22, spent the past few months training by himself on the Gold Coast and said he was happy to join the Bulldogs.

"The Bulldogs are a great option for me, I'm looking forward to joining the boys and getting stuck in," he said.

Gaba

First Grade
Dogs tightening dramatically. 45-1 a few weeks ago, now in to 15-1. They are really starting to take shape.
66/1 and they would still be unders, why would dogs continue to pay overs for players they dont need is beyond thinking.

Dogs need better quality backline players, dogs can buy all the forwards they want but it wont help them to make the finals they dont have the quality in thier backline,

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
I got on the dogs at $3.90 to make the 8 when a dogs fan in our office pointed out the odds prior to round 1.

Looking like a bloody good bet thus far.

abpanther

Staff member
I never saw the hype around this guy, sure he's had a couple of nice games here and there but he never really stood out consistantly to me.

The Dominator

Juniors
66/1 and they would still be unders, why would dogs continue to pay overs for players they dont need is beyond thinking.

Dogs need better quality backline players, dogs can buy all the forwards they want but it wont help them to make the finals they dont have the quality in thier backline, c, they are putting themselves out of business for the quality backline players who are coming off contract.

You reckon? They have got a great young centre pairing in Morris/Idris now. Kimmorley and Patten are consistent performers. Five eighth looks covered for the future with Ben Barba and as for wingers,well Bryson Goodwin did a great job against Manly and Hazem is a legend. I think the dogs would be more than happy with their backline situation.

no name

Coach
Good buy, he is big, strong and pretty quick.

Can't remember him playing prop much but????

Gaba

First Grade
You reckon? They have got a great young centre pairing in Morris/Idris now. Kimmorley and Patten are consistent performers. Five eighth looks covered for the future with Ben Barba and as for wingers,well Bryson Goodwin did a great job against Manly and Hazem is a legend. I think the dogs would be more than happy with their backline situation.

Jury still out, they havent been tested and when they do i dont think they will handle it, the dogs forward are the strongest part of the dogs team, once they tire against the teams who got good attackers and fast backs the dogs will be in trouble

Anyway good luck to the dogs, rather they have him then the broncos :0

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Good buy, he is big, strong and pretty quick.

Can't remember him playing prop much but????

cos he hasnt. another great piece of journalism where the dipsh*t looking at it thought 'he's big he must be a prop'

he hasnt necessarily been that consistent over long periods but has a stack of potential, i was sorry he left the broncos. what he did in the world cvup is a glimpse of what he can do. he's very mobile, good footwork and hands and hits hard ion defense.

a handy addition to the canterbury broncos

Eels Dude

Coach
Bit of a hit and miss player really. He had a great game here and there for the Broncos but a lot of the time he was was adequate at best. He'll improve their bench at least.

The Preacher

First Grade
I thought The Dragons would be getting most of the Broncos stock, but The Doggies have a very "Red Hill" look about them now.

nqcowboy87

Bench
he was a five eigth, centre, lock when he debuted, played on the wng a couple of times in 06 but hes not a prop, he just has weight problems

Gaba

First Grade
Good signing..I am tipping the Dogs to make the four.

Good depth in the forwards now..

forwards wont win them many games, they need the backs to help which they will struggle in defense particularly when the forwards tire

Not a top 8 team , this year ,maybe in 2-3 years

alone top 4

Last edited: