What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs - Tough match

philstorm

Juniors
Damn well looking forward to this match (might even make the trek to Telstra to watch it).

Really rate and respect the Dogs as a team. A no nonsense side who dont resort to petty comments after the match like clubs like the Broncos and Parra to 'justify' losing matches.

We've had some great matches in the past (*small cough* jake webster) - and i'm hoping this match also lives up to it's billing.

It's a match that will be won in the forwards. We easily dominate them in the hooker department - but could struggle in the prop department.

Our backrow however is as awesome as theirs is - though obviously Sonny Bill will be a problem.

Storm by 2.

Earl

Coach
Should be a tough game, We definatly have to put very much improved performance if we are going to beat them.

Ice777

Bench
I think it's fair to say we'll have to lift a notch to beat the Dogs this week in what will be an extremely tough game. Our defence will once again be crucial to help us get over the line but i'd also like to see us put a few more points on the board and find a bit more cohesion in attack coming into the finals. If it was at home i'd be alot more confident about it but being up there will make it just that bit tougher.

I'm sticking with the boys and say Storm by 4 in an arm wrestle and absolute cracker of a game.

Ridders

Coach
hopefully we can put a better showing than what we did in our game earlier in the year. definitely looking forward to it

IMO Storm should throw it wide and target El Masri..he is not that great defensively and this will keep it away from the Dogs forwards.

Quick plays will also keep their forwards on the back foot which will help...at the risk of being penalised; the likes of Hoffman and Johnson need to lock SBW's arms to stop offloads.

Lowdown

Juniors
Doggs are far too inconsistent this year. To win 12 of 22 games aint anything to get excited about (though Brisbane did lose 11 last year and still walked away with the silverware).

Storm will miss Matty King and Steve Turner. IMHO, they were 2 of our form backs this season.

If Cronk steps up, then Storm wins. Simple.

SBW don't scare us - he only scares team that don't like to tackle. And we lurve to tackle.

Smartman

Juniors
Storm shouldnt be scared of the dogs.

They are far too good for Canterbury.

Lets hope the Melbourne players think the same way. :cool:

Noa

First Grade
Weather will have a big say in the game imo. If its raining (and I think it will be, at least during the day) I think we struggle to win but If its dry I think we will win relatively easily.

Look out for a HUGE game from GI this week.

hey guys good win. Wanted to give a special mention to Anthony Quinn, geez he is a good solid player, not in the calibre of Falou, Inglis and Co. but when he runs the ball its at 100 miles an hour and his defence is very strong. really impressive game today.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
parraitdoesmatta said:
hey guys good win. Wanted to give a special mention to Anthony Quinn, geez he is a good solid player, not in the calibre of Falou, Inglis and Co. but when he runs the ball its at 100 miles an hour and his defense is very strong. really impressive game today.
esp last night. he was awesome.

Not normally something I usually describe about him.

Earl

Coach
Anthony Quinn's best game in Melbourne colours last night, which IMO coincided with him being back on the wing, without a doubt his best position.

Ice777

Bench
Earl said:
Anthony Quinn's best game in Melbourne colours last night, which IMO coincided with him being back on the wing, without a doubt his best position.

I couldn't agree more Earl about his game and his best position. He made some good metres and defended well last night and If he can take that form into the finals he'll be a great asset to have.

cronker

Juniors
Best attack we've seen all season. Best play the ball. Excellent defense as always.

Smith, Inglis, Quinn, Folau, Cronk....awesome.

LESStar58

Referee
Well, Folau 3 tries. Slater one. Smith 6 goals. Folau one goal.

It's gonna do wonders for my fantasy league team! :D

It was pretty tight.... I'm wondering if we are good enough as of yet..... it was really some silly play from the dogs in the end that made the scoreline that tad more flattering. Although that try saver GI made on Sonny Bill is proof that we'll still fight to the death even if we are 30 points up!