What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bully gone???

Zigwaa

Bench
I agree with opinions on enticing Api Korisau. He's the better out of the backups we've had over the last few years and definitely suits out play style.

That try he set-up for George Burgess in the Grand Final was very classy dummy half play.

Hellray

Juniors
Its sad to see him go, but i am happy with this if it means we retain McInnes, Johnston and Grevsmuhl. Luke's contract should help us top up these guys and maybe even Gray.

If we still lose 2 of these young guys then yes releasing Luke early will be very dissapointing

doyen

Bench
McInnes is a star of the future in the Farah mould.He will adequately replace Luke.

We should always concentrate first on retaining our very best Jnrs; above all else.

We won our comp on the back of a fairly big spending spree[GI,Teo etc] but we don't want to go into oblivion for another extended period.Our top Jnrs, therefore,IMO.give us the best chance of maintaining a competitive team.

Playing JS at 5/8,for instance,is a negative approach for STHS.The mentality of short-term gain needs to be put in the garbage where it belongs.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Absolutely gutted but it was bound to happen eventually.

Hopefully this means we re-sign everyone else and we further develop Cameron this year so he can play 80 minutes. He has fitness on his side and if Lichaa at the Bulldogs can play 80 he surely can.

Sad to see one of my favourite players of all time not become a South Sydney one team player, but he will always be a South Sydney legend. Love your work Bully and best of luck in NZ.

Absolute brilliant service Issac has given to Souths and always gives his all on the field every match. Very sad to see him go but I can understand his decision and how important family is back in NZ.

If Cam can only play 55 quality minutes there is the option of playing C.Walker or Nicholls off the bench for 25mins at dummy half. Either one of them would also be handy to cover any injuries in the halves or any reshuffles that need to be made in other positions.

Anyway there's still two thirds of the season left and I'm going to keep enjoying watching Issac in the red and green.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd rather Api tbh. Peats doesn't suit our style of play which is more direct which Api is great for. But i'd rather gamble on McInnes tbh.

I agree I'd rather us gamble on McInnes and try to keep AJ, Grevsmuhl, Gray, Auva'a and Turner.

Api would cost more than McInnes which wouldn't help us keep the above players I mentioned.

All the trash must go too including Millard, Lowe, Reddy, Goodwin and Sorensen (a waste of time imo).

Last edited:

souths_pride

Juniors
I agree I'd rather us gamble on McInnes and try to keep AJ, Grevsmuhl, Gray, Auva'a and Turner.

Api would cost more than McInnes which wouldn't help us keep the above players I mentioned.

All the trash must go too including Millard, Lowe, Reddy, Goodwin and Sorensen (a waste of time imo).

I think Api would just at the opportunity to leave the Panthers and come back to Souths. I thought his performance in the grand final was arguably the best ever by a player called in at the last minute. I always found it a bit of a strange decision that he went there considering that he was always going to be behind Segyaro and Penrith weren't/aren't a club that generally plays two hookers.

lafai

Bench
Before Sharks signed Ennis, Api was linked with the Sharks. Then there were rumours of Ennis going to the Raiders but instead went to Cronulla. I thought Api was going to be your hooker of the future but I guess Madge wanted McInnes instead. We'll see what happens, I don't rate McInnes but maybe he could be a star one day if he gets the playing time. Luke was a huge loss imo.

doyen

Bench
Sths were prepared to let Luke go because they know that they have a real goodun in McInnes who is only 20 or so.

I think they feared McInnes would buzz off to the Dragons & they weren't prepared to let another star Jnr fly the coop.

When Issac asked for a release things became easy.Let Issac go & place our long term future with McInnes.

In the last 2 yrs he has been one of the best young "up & coming" jnrs in the land.

A smart,confident communicator;captain of the Jnr Kangaroos--a player we just couldn't afford to let go!!!

All McInnes needs is a fair chance to settle into 1st grade--he is special & the powers at Sths know it.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sths were prepared to let Luke go because they know that they have a real goodun in McInnes who is only 20 or so.

I think they feared McInnes would buzz off to the Dragons & they weren't prepared to let another star Jnr fly the coop.

When Issac asked for a release things became easy.Let Issac go & place our long term future with McInnes.

In the last 2 yrs he has been one of the best young "up & coming" jnrs in the land.

A smart,confident communicator;captain of the Jnr Kangaroos--a player we just couldn't afford to let go!!!

All McInnes needs is a fair chance to settle into 1st grade--he is special & the powers at Sths know it.

I'm sick of people judging McInnes and saying he's not up to it when he hasn't had much chance to settle at hooker. Last year when Issac was injured Api mainly got game time.

You can't say McInnes is average and judge him on his game time in the back row and 5/8 this year as they are both out of his position.

Let's give him all of next year and then we can judge how he went having had a year to settle in wearing the no. 9 permanently.

I reckon Cam will be great for us as Doyen has said. Cam will be a star of the future once fully developed.

alien

Referee
well McInnes is on the interchange, so maybe we will start to see him play more often in first grade now - more experience for next year. i wonder if madge would give luke a breather for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half to give McInnes a decent go at dummy half each game - to sort of ease him into it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
well McInnes is on the interchange, so maybe we will start to see him play more often in first grade now - more experience for next year. i wonder if madge would give luke a breather for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half to give McInnes a decent go at dummy half each game - to sort of ease him into it.

It will be interesting to see if that's what happens.

alien

Referee
souths can still be as strong when bully leaves. they might not be as strong at dummy half, but if they spend all the cap then they will strengthen another position in the team

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Gutted over Isaac leaving. His go forward and defence will be a massive loss. While McInnes is solid, he's still well behind the calibre of Luke.
Personally I'd love to see Api back.

doyen

Bench
Gutted over Isaac leaving. His go forward and defence will be a massive loss. While McInnes is solid, he's still well behind the calibre of Luke.
Personally I'd love to see Api back.

McInnes is well behind Luke!!?? In a whole 7 seasons of experience maybe.But in all round ability, & especially huge potential,there is not a whisker in their values to Sths.

In fact,it looks like Sths have gone for McInnes & gracefully opened up the door for Issac!

It's a wise choice,IMO.

Rabbits20

Immortal
McInnes is well behind Luke!!?? In a whole 7 seasons of experience maybe.But in all round ability, & especially huge potential,there is not a whisker in their values to Sths.

In fact,it looks like Sths have gone for McInnes & gracefully opened up the door for Issac!

It's a wise choice,IMO.

The door was closing for McInnes.

But this Issac news has re-opened the door for Cam.

If Issac stayed with Souths Cam would have definitely left at the end of this year.

Cam will go well for us.

Latest posts