What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bummer - NRL May Be Canceled 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meth

Staff member
So i can assume you were living on the moon for the entirety of the Key govt?

Jacinda gets hammered all the time on the social media I frequent (basically just league and rugby forums, no facebook etc).

wow- my experience is the total opposite. I saw a lot of Key bashing and I see very little Jacinda bashing

Matua

Bench
wow- my experience is the total opposite. I saw a lot of Key bashing and I see very little Jacinda bashing
Check out the Silverfern and Planet Rugby - they're like right wing love ins ... even this thread skews anti Jacinda ;)

Meth

Staff member
Check out the Silverfern and Planet Rugby - they're like right wing love ins ... even this thread skews anti Jacinda ;)

hardly harshly or disproportionately though.

I'm a (little) bit of a leftie, generally- but I think her government is all piss and wind.

Cannot stand Little or Mallard.

Also, hate the Greens and NZ First.

Reactions: JJ
the last two came from Australia. Ones Aus is quarantined you might as well stop everyone. And I fully expect the restrictions will stay in place in a fortnight.
I believe it will be at least 6-12 weeks as it won't be gone in 2 weeks. Once you start it, hard to retract.
Is it going to be based on NZ cases? As once it contained in NZ boarders open again?
I feel for those in industries effected and who will lose jobs as I feel it could have been done differently and created jobs.

I guess in general people not travelling, especially if they fall in the vulnerable categories to the virus.

Any word on policing of it and fines etc?

Jacinda is made for situations like this- I am being complimentary and cynical simultaneously. She is a good face for a crisis. Mosque shooting. Coronavirus. She's show's steel-faced resolution and makes the most of being in her chair. Fair play.

I don't really like her as a PM on the whole. I don't really like our alternatives either- but the hype around Jacinda is weird IMO

But no hugs this time ok! :)

shiznit

Coach
Lmfao... that has to be the most ludicrous thing I’ve seen in awhile...

there’s a reason why he was known as the smiling assassin.

I'm more than happy with this Govt.

coming from a public servant who has worked under Clark, Key/English and Ardern... and someone who has to implement the Govt’s policy on our most vulnerable...

This govt is light years better than the Key Govt. they have removed the idealogical crap the previous mob implemented and in most cases allow us to treat people like humans.

the irony is that National talk a big game about getting rid of bureaucracy but with there shitty and to be completely honest cruel policies they actually created more hurdles for people to jump through.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wow.
Panic buying to resume.
Get you Easter eggs or Easter bunny caught the virus kids sorry.

ill chuck some bog roll and soap in my luggage before I leave and order some groceries online. My fridge is reasonably stocked anyway so a fortnight won’t be hard to manage.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Because you’re a dick

Lol where's the multi like option?

Everyone got there rations (or Rashuns, both are good) ready to go?

Gotten pretty silly here with people rushing into supermarkets as if they're not going to restock this week. I'll just mosey into the stores on Wednesday and do my shopping once the panic buyers have cleared out.

Media has done a terrible job of communicating why these restrictions are being put in place.

The problem with there being so much information available in the world is it leads to just as much misinformation.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Can't agree with you.
Peta can come home, isolate for 2 weeks, stay home for 4-6weeks then return.

Its no different than a tour to England.
We have skype, facetime etc.

Game could go broke here.
Hand has been put out now at the news conference.
Who pays players if no games?
Support staff etc are in the same boat.

Wayne has best idea to put all teams in one spot.

No, that wouldn't work. If Peta came home next week after the restriction, he'd have to self-isolate - and then he couldn't be at his child's birth. And before anyone says it, a home birth couldn't work with a midwife either.

Wayne can say that, but Wayne is a selfish merkin who cares about no one but Wayne. These players have families. You cannot ask 16 teams to relocate to an area and completely leave their lives behind. They didn't sign up for that. It's not feasible. It's nothing like a tour to England, tours to England are scheduled. And not 24 rounds long.

Just call the thing off. Yes, it's completely less than ideal financially. But there's thousands of industries going through the same shit right now. Find a way to recoup that at the other end - play a few games in a shorter period of time, a longer finals series, whatever it is. But now is not the time to f**k about.

Meth

Staff member
Lmfao... that has to be the most ludicrous thing I’ve seen in awhile...

there’s a reason why he was known as the smiling assassin..

calm down champ. I didn’t say I am a fan of Key (I’m not) or a National voter (I’m not). But even if I was (I’m not), still, chill.

Seriously, you prove my point. If someone is less than fawning of your warrior princess, you fly into an irrational rage

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
calm down champ. I didn’t say I am a fan of Key (I’m not) or a National voter (I’m not). But even if I was (I’m not), still, chill.

Seriously, you prove my point. If someone is less than fawning of your warrior princess, you fly into an irrational rage

Xena is a treasure that deserves to be preserved.

shiznit

Coach

I wasn’t implying you voted either way...

just pointing out there is a huge difference between this mob and the last.

people can certainly criticise Ardern if they like... she’s not perfect...

but she’s got more compassion and quite frankly more balls than the last 2 PM’s.

Meth

Staff member
I wasn’t implying you voted either way...

just pointing out there is a huge difference between this mob and the last.

people can certainly criticise Ardern if they like... she’s not perfect...

but she’s got more compassion and quite frankly more balls than the last 2 PM’s.

fine.

so why is “my experience” of hearing more Key-bashing and a lot of Ardern sycophancy (which I acknowledged was evidently different to the experience of others) so “ludicrous”?

we seem to just run in different circles. Ardern is nothing but praised in my circles, but for no substantive reason. Maybe Key got similar treatment in your circles, but didn’t in mine (whether the criticism was deserved or not)

so why is it so ludicrous?

because we can’t say anything unflattering about dear leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts