What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker bullshit, blunders and balls ups

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Seen it, I get it that they protect the head and that's close, but he doesn't hit him in the head.

Another one like the Roger sin bin - it was potentially dangerous, but not actually dangerous.

Big Marn

Bench
Seen it, I get it that they protect the head and that's close, but he doesn't hit him in the head.

Another one like the Roger sin bin - it was potentially dangerous, but not actually dangerous.
i wonder if the neck is now considered part of the head. I guess the crowd reaction plus the fact the tackler started at a lower position and rose up in the tackle didnt help

1724348264201.png

1724348989803.png
this angle looks like the neck isnt even touched. Penalty for mind at worse but not a bin. /agree.
Having said that is there enough of a wrapping action? looks suspiciously shoulderchargey.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, they are told that making an upward motion in the tackle can be dangerous. And the neck should be protected. All things told, it's probably a penalty, is what I think I'm getting at. I don't think it's quite legal, but nor is it 10 minutes-worthy. I dunno.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
His head or neck isn’t touched, the kid took a big shot across the shoulder, if there was any contact with the neck or head, he would have showed some pain and grabbed it, he just bounced off the contact and got straight up to play it

It’s a sad state of affairs when we are discussing that a tackle can be a penalty because of upward motion

Regardless of all that anyway, Klein came back down to the ref with “direct contact with the head with moderate force”, that didn’t occur, and if it did, should have been a send off and the little fella wouldn’t get up