What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker footage

TheFrog

Coach
denied a try that was
Did you see the bloke who played the ball put his hand on Edwards and hold him back? That is why it was disallowed.

Panthers were given impunity for 30 minutes in the second half
He stopped blowing the whistle for both sides. First half penalties 8-4, second half 3-1, both Warriors way. There wasn't a penalty either way for about 25 minutes. It was a pretty good contest when the players were allowed to determine the result.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Did you see the bloke who played the ball put his hand on Edwards and hold him back? That is why it was disallowed.

Not the way I see it mate. I've looked at it a few times and still think it should have been a try. Blair can't disappear and Lawton was only driven into contact with him by Mitch Kenny

MrBlack

Juniors
Not the way I see it mate. I've looked at it a few times and still think it should have been a try. Blair can't disappear and Lawton was only driven into contact with him by Mitch Kenny

It's an absolute dogs breakfast of an interpretation. Always a 50/50 call.

Would be an interesting to see if Blair had walked forward after playing the ball and the dummy half dives over in the space that creates??? What would be the interpretation then???

Meth

Staff member
It's an absolute dogs breakfast of an interpretation. Always a 50/50 call.

Yeah, I can live with that. On balance, I think it was a try, should have been referred and confirmed as such.

MrBlack

Juniors
Yeah, I can live with that. On balance, I think it was a try, should have been referred and confirmed as such.

I'm a Penrith fan and I thought it was a try.

We've had a few taken off us this year for the same. It's really frustrating as a fan when they don't get it right.

Both our teams are trying to salvage their season and it's hard when the officials clearly get it wrong.

Meth

Staff member
I'm a Penrith fan and I thought it was a try.

We've had a few taken off us this year for the same. It's really frustrating as a fan when they don't get it right.

Both our teams are trying to salvage their season and it's hard when the officials clearly get it wrong.

Yeah, well, it evened out and the right team won, so its not all that bad in the end. Congratulations and all the best for the season.

From NRL.com -

NRL admits to sin bin, try errors in Panthers-Warriors clash
Author: NRL.com
Timestamp: Mon 1 Jul 2019, 02:19 PM
NRL head of football Graham Annesley has conceded match officials made some serious errors in Penrith's extra-time win over the Warriors on Sunday, including Panthers forward Liam Martin being allowed to return early from his stint in the sin bin.

Annesley, in his weekly media briefing on Monday afternoon, said after an investigation into the incident, it was determined Martin had returned to the field around 90-100 seconds early after he had been banished for his team's repeated infringements.

He stressed it was due to human error not due to any technological problems.

Penrith's other sin-binned player, Jarome Luai, should not have been banished for 10 minutes, according to Annesley, because Roger Tuivasa-Sheck knocked the ball on, ending the play, before Luai was deemed to have committed a professional foul on the Warriors captain.

Annesley also conceded the decision by the NRL Bunker to award a try to David Fusitu'a was clearly incorrect as the Warriors winger's hand had hit the ground over the sideline before he touched down.

Penrith won the match 19-18 in extra time and coach Ivan Cleary voiced his displeasure with the officiating in the post-match media conference.

no name

Coach
Dude, you support the Titans. People in glass houses and all that.
I was referring to when a referee got ‘dropped’ to a Warriors game.

It wasn’t a dig at the Warriors, it was more a shot at the way the NRL views the importance of games and teams.

And yes, I agree that the Titans are shit.

Meth

Staff member
I was referring to when a referee got ‘dropped’ to a Warriors game.

It wasn’t a dig at the Warriors, it was more a shot at the way the NRL views the importance of games and teams.

And yes, I agree that the Titans are shit.

Wow yes, I remember now- my apologies, I forgot about that. Wasn’t that game against you? And we got wasted

forby

Juniors
This is the fourth time this season they have admitted that they got it wrong against Penrith. Makes one wonder!
I think that preconceptions affect some teams more than others.

SBD82

Coach
This is the fourth time this season they have admitted that they got it wrong against Penrith. Makes one wonder!
I think that preconceptions affect some teams more than others.
Maybe the Panthers are just dragging everyone down to their level.

no name

Coach
Wow yes, I remember now- my apologies, I forgot about that. Wasn’t that game against you? And we got wasted
It was for the Titans V Warriors last year and it seems the Titans won convincingly in the end. Can’t really remember watching that game.

Interestingly enough, Klein got ‘demoted’ to assistant ref earlier in the year for his howler penalty in the Tigers V Broncos Golden Point fiasco.

Guess which team he was assistant ref for?

Diesel

Referee
It was for the Titans V Warriors last year and it seems the Titans won convincingly in the end. Can’t really remember watching that game.

Interestingly enough, Klein got ‘demoted’ to assistant ref earlier in the year for his howler penalty in the Tigers V Broncos Golden Point fiasco.

Guess which team he was assistant ref for?
A non-Sydney team

OldPanther

Coach
It just doesn't make sense they miss basic stuff with the available technology. At least the on field ref only has his perspective and live play. The bunker has every angle simultaneously and slow motion etc.

Zadar

Juniors
It just doesn't make sense they miss basic stuff with the available technology. At least the on field ref only has his perspective and live play. The bunker has every angle simultaneously and slow motion etc.

Sometimes it does depend on who the ch9 commentary team has the most to lose on the game.

2 weeks

Coach
I know that the NRL have hot their heart in the right place, but the problems seem to have gotten worse since this guy was appointed

images