What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunnies home games

scottyeel

Bench
After going to ANZ on Saturday night I have no doubt that Souths will reach their target of 20,000? members that they are striving for.
Parramatta could learn a lot of things off them to keep the fans happy on game day.

After paying for my parking on the way to walking over to buy a ticket the Rabbits had a bus set up selling merchandise and had a couple of players there talking to fans.

Then as I entered the stadium I was given a newspaper called "Rabbitoh News" which had the teams for the game, a write up of last weeks game, and an article by JT talking about training through the week and the game against Parra.

As I walked a bit further in there was a stall selling memberships for S.S.F.C. and then another one about 50m away.

Then looking around as i took my seat you see the members bar that looked packed and sounded like live music in there beetween the 2 games.

Waiting for the game to start and they had the highlights of the last few Rabbits games to get the Souths fans in the mood.

Well done to Souths, I think they really try to keep their fans happy and get them involved.

_goParra

Juniors
After going to ANZ on Saturday night I have no doubt that Souths will reach their target of 20,000? members that they are striving for.
Parramatta could learn a lot of things off them to keep the fans happy on game day.

After paying for my parking on the way to walking over to buy a ticket the Rabbits had a bus set up selling merchandise and had a couple of players there talking to fans.

Then as I entered the stadium I was given a newspaper called "Rabbitoh News" which had the teams for the game, a write up of last weeks game, and an article by JT talking about training through the week and the game against Parra.

As I walked a bit further in there was a stall selling memberships for S.S.F.C. and then another one about 50m away.

Then looking around as i took my seat you see the members bar that looked packed and sounded like live music in there beetween the 2 games.

Waiting for the game to start and they had the highlights of the last few Rabbits games to get the Souths fans in the mood.

Well done to Souths, I think they really try to keep their fans happy and get them involved.

Keep dreaming....
Our club has the worst fan relations in the league. They dont give a sh*t about fans.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, it was a good game day experience there wasn't it Scotty. I presume that our club didn't do anythingt similar when we hosted two home games there earlier in the year...

Their ground announcer was much more preofessional than ours, and their use of the video screen puts our matchday efforts to create an atmosphere to shame.

Of course, people will say it's Russell and PHaC's money at work, but that stuff doesn't really cost much more than we'd spend on our "entertainment" if I'm guessing correctly, and just needs that portion of money (or sponsorhsips received) directed in a different way.

Here's hoping, one day...

Stagger eel

Staff member
aaahh! they also have an after match function open to members in one of the terrace's...

now that would be nice on a more regular basis.

forward pass

Coach
I was going to mention the same thing today. It was very good without being over the top.

I like how they showed highlights of previous games on the big screen. My only question was what is with the Zorba the greek music???

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
at least you guys are appreciating all that has been done to revotutionise the rabbitohs. all i hear on the rabbitohs LU and the warren is how crap anz's atmosphere is. i keep saying, the atmosphere is fine when people come in numbers. ever at 18000 i thought there was great atmosphere where i was sitting onthe eastern side

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, having been to two ANZ club games now (Tigers, Souths) I have to say it's better than I'd been led to expect.

Still don't want us to move any more home games there unless we have to though!

SDM

First Grade
I was disappointed in the turn out, I know we haven't been going that well, but Homebush is pretty close to Parra and I was surrounded by Green and Red.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
not just souths.

stagger and i see what souths, wests tigers ( the best ), the dogs and the dragons do to promote their home games and how much they give to the fans that turn up for the games. leaves parra for dead.

Hellsy

Immortal

Here Here!!!!

Thanks Parra fans, this is great to hear. All I hear on South's forums is negative stuff about ANZ but tbh I have always liked the place. Once you get over the 10,000 mark, there is a reasonable atmosphere and the facilities are great. You don't have to wait to use toilets or buy food and you can get in and out pretty quick. The only negative I see is that now the drum squad is gone, there should be something lined up for half time. Cheer leaders don't seem like they are going to happen again for us unfortunately.

Souths have done a heap of work on match day entertainment and the way they involve us fans and it shows when you go to the ground. I particularly like the way they show the team up on the big screen singing the victory song in the sheds after we win. (Doesn't happen often enough though unfortunately!)

Thanks Parra fans, this is great to hear. All I hear on South's forums is negative stuff about ANZ but tbh I have always liked the place. Once you get over the 10,000 mark, there is a reasonable atmosphere and the facilities are great. You don't have to wait to use toilets or buy food and you can get in and out pretty quick. The only negative I see is that now the drum squad is gone, there should be something lined up for half time. Cheer leaders don't seem like they are going to happen again for us unfortunately.

Souths have done a heap of work on match day entertainment and the way they involve us fans and it shows when you go to the ground. I particularly like the way they show the team up on the big screen singing the victory song in the sheds after we win. (Doesn't happen often enough though unfortunately!)

I liked that, thought it was a nice touch. You would never get that at Parramatta the Teams song lyrics are exceptionally blue.

Thanks Scottyeel and other posters.Believe me it was not always like this.When you really think about it,it really simple measures to put in place.