What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunnies vs team masquerading as Raiders

supera

Juniors
no thread? bandwagon must be truly empty.

yes, the refs put us on the back foot with the 2nd and 3rd tries resulting from crap calls.

but even tho we were only maybe 6 minutes into the match, the rot had already set in. we were already missing and falling off tackles, and we were already disorganized.

there's a million things to be said about today's game, but I don't want to start ranting at the pea-hearted effort. so I'll just offer one thought.

alan tongue is a club legend, no doubt. I think most of us love and revere him.

but his time is up. that he has spent most of this season playing 9, watching the season slip away; that he has consistently been overshadowed by buttriss; that we've seen performance directly impacted upon by whether or not he's on the field; that we were crap today with him on the field, ok with debutant picker (who also overshadowed him), and crap again with tongue back on... (something that has happened numerous times with buttriss).

these things are all a terrible indictment on the coaching knowledge of our staff.

no one will ever question his heart, and given the injury situation I don't begrudge him
playing today.

but he is currently only our 5th best hooker by my reckoning! buttriss, picker (altho maybe to small to play there long term), mcillwrick and arguably Waddell are all better performing hookers than tongue.

so if we can all see this, if we can all watch a game and notice our performance hinging in hooker substitutions - why don't the coaching staff see it?

it's a business. emotion can't have anything to do with selection.

Brimmer

Juniors
no thread? bandwagon must be truly empty.

yes, the refs put us on the back foot with the 2nd and 3rd tries resulting from crap calls.

but even tho we were only maybe 6 minutes into the match, the rot had already set in. we were already missing and falling off tackles, and we were already disorganized.

there's a million things to be said about today's game, but I don't want to start ranting at the pea-hearted effort. so I'll just offer one thought.

alan tongue is a club legend, no doubt. I think most of us love and revere him.

but his time is up. that he has spent most of this season playing 9, watching the season slip away; that he has consistently been overshadowed by buttriss; that we've seen performance directly impacted upon by whether or not he's on the field; that we were crap today with him on the field, ok with debutant picker (who also overshadowed him), and crap again with tongue back on... (something that has happened numerous times with buttriss).

these things are all a terrible indictment on the coaching knowledge of our staff.

no one will ever question his heart, and given the injury situation I don't begrudge him
playing today.

but he is currently only our 5th best hooker by my reckoning! buttriss, picker (altho maybe to small to play there long term), mcillwrick and arguably Waddell are all better performing hookers than tongue.

so if we can all see this, if we can all watch a game and notice our performance hinging in hooker substitutions - why don't the coaching staff see it?

it's a business. emotion can't have anything to do with selection.

I've been a raiders fan since 86 and I'm really at my wits end... this team doesn't look like beating anybody at the moment.

Agree, Alan's time is up..

There is absolutely no ticker in the team at the moment. Watch the warm ups, watch the vision in the sheds - they look like lambs to the slaughter.

Paullyboy

Coach
Those guys are a disgrace to the raiders jersey, I stopped watching with any interest after the heartless softies literally gave up against the tigers. They no longer deserved my support if they weren't willing to try.

nickraider

Juniors
Got offered free tickets to the Titans Raiders game next week. Will not be wasting my time going to watch it. This Raiders side is an absolute joke at the moment. Don't even look like winning a game of football. Furner, when are you going to open your eyes and see that Tongue no longer cuts it especially at 9!!!

legend

Coach
Any form McCrone had has fast disappeared. He has been disgraceful for weeks now. He was pathetic today. IMO, there is no place in the team for him next year. Campo will be back and we should stick with Williams. Let him ply his trade with Mounties.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Insipid. I'm glad I'm in the middle of the desert and not in Canberra. My biggest fear is that the best years of Dugan, Fensom and Papali etc will be wasted by the current coaching regime. Campese coming back in 2012 will help us but I think we're in for a long season again next year.

Cryptic

Juniors
f**king pathetic on EVERY aspect... Refs were shit but that's no f**king excuse for TWO WEEKS of our defence not being able to read attack so f**king obvious I saw it coming two plays away (and that's on TV where you can't see most things)... ZERO communication out there, no one is keeping an eye on the attack, adjusting the defence, just PATHETIC....

Sack them all except Fensom, put him in charge of the defence, at least he has a f**king go...

supera

Juniors
Mick Picker deserves a thumbs up today as well. he came on with us getting smashed, he looked undersized, but he dug in and had a good crack.

him and fensom are about the only 2 who can hold their heads up today.

I'd like to have a crack at solving the hooker problem this year. mccrone has the brain for it, but not the defence. so move him to 7, put picker on at 9 (with an understanding that he'll spend summer in the gym), put Williams on the bench as the back up hooker. Dugan is clearly our best player - put the ball in his hands and have a look at him at 6.

Cryptic

Juniors
Dugan is not a 5/8.... Campese has a much better read on the game...

Williams is not a hooker... He misses more tackles than ANYONE else in the league... This is understandable considering he is young and wasn't scheduled to play full time this year but if that's on the edges we may as well give them a try every time they run up the middle of the park...

With a full fit team we should be:

1- Dugan
2- Robinson
3- Croker
4- McCrone
5- Ferguson
6- Campese
7- Williams
8- Shillington
9- Buttriss
10- TLL or White (White does start well and TLL does well off the bench)
11- Picker/Thurling/Miller/Anyone but Harrison if he hasn't had a massive improvement in form
12- Thompson
13- Fensom

14- Tongue
15- Tilse
16- TLL/White
17- Mataora

I might add we have had nothing close to that team fit all year... Injuries have f**ked us this year and the team's lack of form and effort did the rest...

Again, bring on 2012.

Only changes to above should be if:

1- McCrone buffs up a lot and can be a hooker
2- Orford isn't let go and can apparantly suck less at hooker (I mean he couldn't be worse than he was as a half for us)

If Tongue is in the top 17 next year we will only go marginally better than this year.

Its sad a club legend is becoming the joke of the club. He is not a hooker , never was , why they have stuck with this for so long baffles ever league supporter , the only ones who dont see it is the coaches.

laurie

Juniors
Raiders gave up a long time ago.. Alan Tongue is useless and provides NOTHING.. The halves have no direction and dont give the backs any early ball.. forwards have no idea except Fenson and a few good games from papali. Its a rabble. Furner must go.. the players dont look like they want to play for him. It baffles me to think wat they do at training all day.

Timbo

Staff member
Seriously, how is it possible that we're actually getting worse?

These 'efforts' are a complete disgrace to the jersey.

Furner has already indicated Tongue is his long term option for hooker. Seriously, anyone still blaming injuries or whatever - that right there is all the proof you need that the guy is worse coach than Elliott.

If he is at the helm next year and Tongue is still hooker, I won't be renewing my membership or going to any matches.

The Furners may have built this club but right now they're running it into the ground.

f**king pathetic on EVERY aspect... Refs were shit but that's no f**king excuse for TWO WEEKS of our defence not being able to read attack so f**king obvious I saw it coming two plays away (and that's on TV where you can't see most things)... ZERO communication out there, no one is keeping an eye on the attack, adjusting the defence, just PATHETIC....

Sack them all except Fensom, put him in charge of the defence, at least he has a f**king go...

:lol:

Those damn players it's still all their fault!

Seriously, how is it possible that we're actually getting worse?

These 'efforts' are a complete disgrace to the jersey.

Furner has already indicated Tongue is his long term option for hooker. Seriously, anyone still blaming injuries or whatever - that right there is all the proof you need that the guy is worse coach than Elliott.

If he is at the helm next year and Tongue is still hooker, I won't be renewing my membership or going to any matches.

The Furners may have built this club but right now they're running it into the ground.

I simply do not have words for David Furner anymore.

This is pathetic and f**king embarrassing.

Another game we lost directly from a Tongue f*ck up (2nd try, it was all over after that).

Alan Tongue please retire. You've gone 2 seasons too long already. It's over mate.

Actually we need to get rid of the 2000 second row completely (Tongue and Furner)

legend

Coach
Be careful criticising those two. There are certain members who will want to gun you down and accuse you of not being a patriotic Raiders fan if you level criticism at the players/coach/management. Especially if you are derogatory about it. ;-)

aussies1st

Staff member
I'll ignore the obvious which we bang on about each week. WTF happened to Papalii, that guy was killing and now he barely getting any ball. And Harrison was even worse with only 5 runs in 72 minutes, whatever our tactic is, it seems to involve skipping past our most dangerous forwards.

bileduct

Coach
Be careful criticising those two. There are certain members who will want to gun you down and accuse you of not being a patriotic Raiders fan if you level criticism at the players/coach/management. Especially if you are derogatory about it. ;-)
People criticise you because you're a f**kwit, fake fan.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
sigh...couldnt even watch the match as my pc had viruses... probabaly got them after watching the SH*T the raiders dished out last week.. anyway glad i didnt watch.. seems it just made every one angry..

one word our great club has never been associated with... CHANGE... and it wont be happening soon.. $20 on Tongue and both Furners being an instruemental part of our club next year... maybe 2013 we can look forward to???

...sigh...

bileduct

Coach
One of the main factors that has been overlooked is experience.

When it comes to player match experience we are regularly coming up against the better teams that have a combined total of around 1700-2100 games. Even the mid to lower table teams are around 1400-1700 games, whereas we average about 1100-1200 games.

The difference between us and a team like St. George or Manly is that we have a small handful of players with over 100 games, whereas those teams, someone with under 100 games is the exception.

I am fairly certain that we have also permanently promoted the largest number of Toyota Cup players to first grade.

We clearly have the most inexperienced squad in the entire comp.

Latest posts