What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt or Hayne

Fee

Juniors
I noticed at the opening training session that Luke played fullback for part of the session and Jarryd played fullback the rest of the time, does anybody have any ideas on who they will play at fullback.

caylo

Bench
as previously mentioned apparently hayne at 5/8 for attacking side of things and in defense he will play fullback.

That would be the best option imo, Hayne has alot of skills that could be used as a wide running playmaker (Hunt style). His passing game is just as good as T.Smith and his kicking game is very under-rated. He could take control of alot of the long kicks.

^b0ss^

Juniors
gezz i think thats abit harsh ....

burt is still a good player i wouldnt be ruling him out just yet.

season before injury last yr was his best for the club if he captures that form again he will be right.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Burt hopefully featherstone, he's a terrble player, 28 and yet still struggling.

The clubwould be better off without him costing us money.

but hey? he's a nic ebloke, he's crap

Ron Jeremy

Coach
gezz i think thats abit harsh ....

burt is still a good player i wouldnt be ruling him out just yet.

season before injury last yr was his best for the club if he captures that form again he will be right.

really? so 1 year in 10 he played good and he's a good player?

he's average, he has ;pace and thats it.

yy_cheng

Coach
After his contract runs out, it's time for Burt to go ala Wags, Chad, et al.

His money could be used to top up a youngster such as Morts, Kelly, et al.

There is nothing that he can provide to the team that someone couldn't.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I wouldn't have Burt in my team at full strength but would still make a terrific back up and is definitely paid less than what he's worth, as for Golden Child 1? when you get paid more than 200K than Burt I expect him to play that much better and atleast contribute just as much on the scoreboard...he certainly didn't last year.

Hayne failed in my opinion and let himself and the club down but certainly wasn't alone, this year, I expect nothing short of a big season of him individually, infact by rights he should be taking over Hindy's mantle as player of the year, anything short of that is a failure.

Gronk

Staff member
I wouldn't have Burt in my team at full strength but would still make a terrific back up and is definitely paid less than what he's worth, as for Golden Child 1? when you get paid more than 200K than Burt I expect him to play that much better and atleast contribute just as much on the scoreboard...he certainly didn't last year.

Hayne failed in my opinion and let himself and the club down but certainly wasn't alone, this year, I expect nothing short of a big season of him individually, infact by rights he should be taking over Hindy's mantle as player of the year, anything short of that is a failure.

Agree, Burt provides the club terrific value. He's cheap and is a competent wing or fullback with an 80% GK.

Hayne on the otherhand is not twice the player of Burt, has not on any day in 2008 contributed twice as much as Burt, yet he commands more than double his salary. :crazy:

mickdo

Coach
Have to keep Burty. He may not be the biggest of stars but he is on very little money and even took a pay cut to stay here.

I think it's funny that everyone wants Hayne - who said "Gimme, gimme or I leave" - as opposed to Burt - who takes paycuts to stay at the Club he loves.

With that kind of attitude our Club will lose its heart before we know it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
obviously he took a pay cut .... what other club would sign him besides one coached by brian smith/michael hagan?

umm!! well he's played fg under Jason Taylor as well and has had offers from Cronulla and Manly.

what line will you use when DA plays him?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Burt has been much more reliable at fullback than Hayne who has only had a hand full of decent games at fullback