What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt - Yay or Nay?

?

• Total voters

SDM

First Grade
His time is up, as predicted by the great visionary; Softon Boy.

lingard

Coach
Yay. When Hayne and Tonga come back, and Sandow and Roberts click, Burt will have a field day running off them. For the last few years Burt has been really good at scoring trys off the kicking of very mediocre halves - imagine what he will do now.

Gronk

Staff member
That's a big Nay from me.

You tell 'em Softo !

butterscotch-pony4.jpg

Haynzy

First Grade
I like Burty and I hope he finally gets some support from those inside him because on his day he is a fantastic attacking player. He is also great reader of the game in defence it is just that his size makes him an easy target when isolated by much bigger opposition players.

With all hands on deck he will need to playing his best to keep out one of Morgan, Blair or Tonga for the No 2.

He's scored an average of 2 trys per year off the kicking of below average halves, can't wait to see what he'll do with slightly above average halves. Put me down as a big NAY. Absolutely shithouse.

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's contant bickering between Parra fans. I'm curious about the percentages.

If you wanted to get an answer, then you probably should've asked a question.

Do people like Burt? Yes, many do - and he has particularly strong support on this forum.

Is Burt a good bloke? Yes, just ask any of the fans who have had contact with him

Does Burt's heart bleed blue and gold? Yes. Has knocked back larger offers to stay with the club.

Does he deserve a first grade spot THIS season? Yes. We don't seem to have any other options.

Is Burt a good football player? No. Sefton Boy will tell you he never was - but whatever the opinion on that front, he is NOT much of a footy player these days. Doesn't do defence, won't help his team-mates out with a hitup early in the tackle count after a kick, won't attempt to catch contested bombs, but still good at sniffing around for a try. Negatives currently far outweigh the positives, but we are "wing challenged" so he's in our top 2 wing options this season!

I'll vote "no" on the assumption you're asking about his current footballing contributions.

TBH i'd rather Tom Humble be in our top 17 then Burt or Casey McGuire but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Theres obviously a reason why Burt has been a main stay of our team for 13 years and survived 4 coaches.

Eels Dude

Coach
Burt still offers a lot. Probably one of the smartest footy players going round. Easily the smartest in our side. He knows his limitations too. People whinge he never takes hitups but what's the point when he's going to get owned. Leave it to the bigger outside backs, and our lazy backrowers who don't run the ball enough, to do that.

spartan2153

Juniors
Burt still offers a lot. Probably one of the smartest footy players going round. Easily the smartest in our side. He knows his limitations too. People whinge he never takes hitups but what's the point when he's going to get owned. Leave it to the bigger outside backs, and our lazy backrowers who don't run the ball enough, to do that.

sorry eels dude i disagree on this one. I always thought he was overated but he proved he does have the brains for a footballer, BUT like you said what he does have going for him is his smarts but he negative column now is just to big, He cant tackle, He cant take bombs & the way the game us now you need to get off to a good roll on from kick returns & the winger hitting it up is a major part now. Grothe was so underated in our team because his dummy half running was vital. We are basically playing with 12 men in defense because of burts deficiency's. The game has moved on from him & its time for him to do the same

Latest posts