What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
..ive been super critical of his performances so far this year , but Sat nights was his best.

Getting to the mahority of their kicks on the full, improved support play & better general play kicking. He even linked with the wing men at times on kick returns. i.e he played like other fullbacks do every week.

I still wouldnt have him in any squad I was chosing as there are many flaws in his positional play & piss weak kick returns, but I still believe he showed alot more this week then he has since being injured and needs to keep it up + improve especially against the better sides where he will be smashed on kick returns.

HevyDevy

Coach
He still threw two hospital passes to men in worst positions than he was but it was certainly his best game of the season.

Captain BF

Juniors
I will beleive that Burt is heading back to some form when he starts taking bombs. He has been absolutley terrible under the high ball so far this year.

yy_cheng

Coach
Anyone Notice he was on the wing late in the game and INU was taking alot of the kick returns

Gee we need someone sniffing behind Mateo 100% of the time.

Bigfella

Coach
One of the best things about his game when on song is his support play, and ability to take balls under pressure. The tries he scored a lot of our players may not have anticipated or executed.

Last week when Grothe threw two very difficult balls to Reddy which he put down I reckon Burt would have scored at least one of them.

One of the best things about his game when on song is his support play, and ability to take balls under pressure. The tries he scored a lot of our players may not have anticipated or executed.

Last week when Grothe threw two very difficult balls to Reddy which he put down I reckon Burt would have scored at least one of them.
maybe but grothe shouldnt be throwing passes at peoples bootlaces in the first place

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't think can win a premiersip with him at the back

2007- Slater
2006- cutie
2005- Hodgson
2004- Whyesser ( spelling)
2003- Patten
2002- Minichello
2001-O' Davis ( I think)
2000-Lockyer
1999- Ross
1998- Lockyer
1997- O'Davis
1996- Ridge
1995-Silva ( I think)
1994 ( Mullins)
1993 ( O'Neil)
1992 ( O'Neil I think)
1991 ( f**ked can't remember)
1990 ( Belcher)
1989 ( Belcher)

You seem to need a very good fullback in all areas ( not just support play) to win the GF, i don't think Burt compliments enough in other areas for us to be succesful.

bradeel

Juniors
Luke Burt is every bit as good as a number of those GF winning fullbacks. Not saying he's a cutie or Slater but he'd be comparable with Julian O'Neill, Robbie Ross, Wesser, Patten and Hodgson IMO.

Ppl seem to have very short memories. This time last season he was close to the form fullback in the comp, our leading tryscorer, and the leading pointscorer in the NRL until injury cruelly cut his season short. I reckon he just needs to get that confidence back post a pretty bad injury. Last game was a good start.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't think can win a premiersip with him at the back

2007- Slater
2006- cutie
2005- Hodgson
2004- Whyesser ( spelling)
2003- Patten
2002- Minichello
2001-O' Davis ( I think)
2000-Lockyer
1999- Ross
1998- Lockyer
1997- O'Davis
1996- Ridge
1995-Silva ( I think)
1994 ( Mullins)
1993 ( O'Neil)
1992 ( O'Neil I think)
1991 ( f**ked can't remember)
1990 ( Belcher)
1989 ( Belcher)

You seem to need a very good fullback in all areas ( not just support play) to win the GF, i don't think Burt compliments enough in other areas for us to be succesful.

Rhys Wesser

And the Panthers won it in 2003, and the Dogs in 2004. ;)

Swiftstylez

Bench
lol My mum loves Burt. Even she noticed that he had a good game on Saturday night. His positional play was pretty good and I can't knock his support play... but uh, his ability to break the line is quite weak as of late. He doesn't carry back the ball with a full head of steam either. I think we lose some valuable meters in that regard... but he is a pretty safe option. I hope he finds his form of last year again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's been OK,

shame about his kicking, its definitely down on previous years

ParraAds

Juniors
No one ever really comes out and says that Burt is terrible....its just that.... he's the 3rd best fullback at the club and he gets that spot because he is deemed inept to play anywhere else in the backline.

Shame really.

eels_fan_01

Bench
No one ever really comes out and says that Burt is terrible....its just that.... he's the 3rd best fullback at the club and he gets that spot because he is deemed inept to play anywhere else in the backline.

Shame really.

Best fullback at the club. Hes support play, positional play is very good and then everyone bags hes defence i can't really remember the last time he put in a really weak tackle.

Hayne is a bitch at fullback he doesn't do anything.

Hindyscrack

Bench

Shame really.

You're not allowed to do that here

:sarcasm:

And yes i agree with you that he plays at FB by default

ParraAds

Juniors
It's an arguement that a lot of us seem pretty passionate about....

Those who want Hayne at the back (and i'm one of them) seem to put a lot of good points forward as to why that should be the case.

Those who support Burt tend to come up with...'well because he cant defend at centre and he's too short for the wing'.

I like Burt, I think he's pretty good on the whole, but I can't ever see him dominating the way that Hayne or Inu could.

Hayne is 20 years old, at the age of 19 he put in a performance against the broncs that said showed he was the REAL deal for our long term fullback, and backed it up with great form in the semi's. Then he gets moved to centre.... lol he should have gone to souths, more cash and a secure fullback spot.

Latest posts