What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

But what if the Wagon / Dykes combo really works......?

half

Coach
well there's pj marsh, but i felt smith's brought him into first grade perfectly... i'm not too sure why he left but i'm not willing to blame it on smith

witty did seem to inexperienced last season. remember, he's 2 years younger than firman

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Suitman said:
I'll walk the other direction.

I have a feeling I'll be meeting you in Port Macquarie Twiz.

Suity

Count me in from Brisbane...Twiz I will pick you up on the way. I just don't want any weird sh*t going on when we all meet up at Port Macquarie OK.

OK, we can raise money on the way and pay for a decent 5/8.

Alot of people would pay money to see me naked.

men.jpg

Chipmunk

Coach
I think we still lack alot of things they we had in 2001 and I cant see them showing up soon.

On the Wagon/Dykes combo, It depends what you regard as 'working' before you can give a rating on it. I have no problem with Dykes at Half, but if you are going to run Dykes at Half and a non-ball playing Five-Eighth then you obviously plan to run a very unconventional game plan.

mickdo

Coach
I agree that the non-selection of Witt is a touchy one, but can you people out there trumpeting Thorman give it a rest? He has not even played one game in PL yet and you still are looking to him as some kind of saviour #-o

PB

Bench
mickdo said:
I agree that the non-selection of Witt is a touchy one, but can you people out there trumpeting Thorman give it a rest? He has not even played one game in PL yet and you still are looking to him as some kind of saviour #-o

Its called "Steve Witt syndrome"........It can also be seen with an infectuous love for Luke O'Dwyer and demands for him to be in first grade despite having not played PL yet.

Eelectrica

Referee
Colonel Eel said:
A fifty percent record from our first 6 games could be deemed as successful given the draw.
I think it likely that we will need to win more than 50% of our games to be in the top 4 so anything less than 4 wins from the first 6 would have to be deemed a failure. :|

PB said:
Its called "Steve Witt syndrome"........It can also be seen with an infectuous love for Luke O'Dwyer and demands for him to be in first grade despite having not played PL yet.
Yep the grass is always greener. :roll:

yy_cheng

Coach
Chipmunk,

Dykes will not play a standard halfback role as he tends to hold the ball in his hands longer. Therefore, he'd probably run past the 5/8th anyhow as he drifts across in attack hopefully picking up one of our flying centres or burty. So Wagon should only be there for defence and as an extra forward in attack.

After scrums, the ball would probably be passed to a winger anyhow or Hindy standing out of the scrum at 5/8th.

However, I agree with most that a creative 5/8th would give us heaps more options especially near the opposition's try line.

Hurriflatch

Referee
at times in the Tigers trial (especially with scrums feed by Parra close to their own line) I saw players like Corey Pearson standing at 5/8 and just taking a hitup.

That avoids a smaller player like Dykes or Burt from being dragged back in goal.

kinda dulls the attack aswell but when it is an attack scrum eg inside the opponents 30 then someone like Lyon, Burt, Morris or even Dykes can be stnading at 5/8.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'd bet on Saturday, it will be our wingers doing that as we now have big wingers at 100Kg +

The most important thing is for the guy to get up with a quick play the ball so we can hand it to Vella or Cannings after a 10m run up and hitting the advantage line as he gets the ball.

That's what I would like to see.

Oh, I hope hindy and cayless has a field day running at Tonga

Latest posts