What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bye bye balmain and magpies

would u rather 1 team in the lower grades anyway

• yes- with open arms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes- but only just

• no- but only just

• no- ill have nothing to do with the team(this 1 is for tigger)

• Total voters

tigger

Juniors
:roll: :roll:

So because you don't live in the Leichhardt area, you do not go to the Premier League games? Who did you support up until the formation of the JV? What do you do when the JV plays at Leichhardt? You have lost your roots & have joined the attempt to kill the Balmain RLFC. SHAME SHAME SHAME.
What is even funnier is that you will travel to Brisbane (and make an arse of yourself on TV), but you wont get in a car, bus, train, ferry etc to watch the team you have followed all your life, actually that is not funny, it is VERY sad.

tigger

Juniors
Also to you Balmain killers, have a look at the score board at the top of the screen & shove your JV up your arse. The majority of people (i know it is only over a small number of fans) on this forum have spoken.

simon says

First Grade
What is very sad is the way that you go on.You seem to forget that the people you are attacking are also old Balmain fans.Instead of trying to generate some support and solidarity for Balmain(like Yappy does for the maggies lowers)all you do is attack the people that you should be trying to get onside.

Your constant negativity does nothing for your cause but push people away.I think its time for a new tack,try getting people onside and you might get more people to Balmain games.But all this name calling,really is infantile........

Mighty Tiger

Bench
tigger said:

So because you don't live in the Leichhardt area, you do not go to the Premier League games? Who did you support up until the formation of the JV? What do you do when the JV plays at Leichhardt? You have lost your roots & have joined the attempt to kill the Balmain RLFC. SHAME SHAME SHAME.
What is even funnier is that you will travel to Brisbane (and make an arse of yourself on TV), but you wont get in a car, bus, train, ferry etc to watch the team you have followed all your life, actually that is not funny, it is VERY sad.

Well said Tigger ;-)

King I travel from bloody Mountains just to go and watch the Balmain PL games so don't give us that crap.

If you want to see the juniors at the club go around, then the only way you can do this is by watching the PL matches.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Yes we do need to be constructive and promote Balmain PL games - assume the same would apply to Magpies PL games. Frankly, the club’s record on this is not very good. There have been some good ideas put up in posts on this thread now we need to pressure the club into doing something. Apart from the club doing something - we can at least promote and talk about PL games on here and the official site.

King Tigerman

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
tigger said:

Well said Tigger ;-)

King I travel from bloody Mountains just to go and watch the Balmain PL games so don't give us that crap.

If you want to see the juniors at the club go around, then the only way you can do this is by watching the PL matches.

what does me going up to brisbane have to do with this i was up there to see some relos , also phil i was going to go to at least 3 reserve grade games this season but 1 game was cancelled , 1 i got a free movie pass from some1 that expired that night & the other time i was at a mates place in cronulla & by the time we left it was already 2.30

things dont happen like that next year ill get to more games

B_Tiger

Juniors
tigger, I have to disagree with your criticism of king tigerman. I think he has simply chosen to get behind the wests tigers and doing things like flying to brisbane to watch a terrible club almost certainly get a flogging shows dedication. Sure, wests tigers doesn't have anywhere near the history or tradition or spirit of balmain but it is everybody's right to support who they want. At least king isn't a bandwagon supporter, he stays loyal to his club. I don't think, in supporting the wests tigers, he has abandoned Balmain, it was balmain's choice to merge and as such support of the wests tigers is supporting that intiative. Now, whether or not we disagree with that initiative, I don't think king deserves criticism for supporting it. It'd be good if he followed balmain but there are plenty of balmain fans who don't, and to critisize all who don't attend 1st division is to critisize the vast majority of balmain supporters.

This thread is a good read.

I'd never really worried about there being two sides to the JV. To me, since the JV started I'd always thought of it as the Wests Tigers, Western Suburbs and Balmain united in an effort to survive. In my opinion, neither would have survived as a stand alone club. At one point Wests seemed likely to get swallowed up by the Dogs and Balmain seemed likely to be swallowed up by Parramatta.

The eventual outcome appealed to me. A merger with a side similar to us. A real merger, a partnership, unlike the other two JV's where one side departed to oblivion.

But that changed a couple of months ago. I ran into a couple of Balmain supporters well known to this forum. Their idea of supporting the Club was to bag 1/2 of the JV. Well, two can play that game.

There are people here who haven't and won't accept the JV. That's fine, it's their prerogative. But your only option is to try and go it alone and end up as the next Newtown or Norths. If that's acceptable to you, not having a FG team to follow, then you need to take it to the board and voice your opinion. Sure, it'll be ignored because the board have the interests of the majority to look after but you'll feel better knowing that you're helping drive the wedge.

I don't generally now have too much time for Balmain Bleaters, the ones like Tigger who have a motto attached to his signature that is as stupid as his postings. Someone who berates supporters for not going to stand alone Premier League matches but goes to great lengths to support the First Grade side.

Tigger, support Parramatta, Fitzgerald would love your negativity.

tigger

Juniors
I know it must be hard for you to understand why someone actually values tradition and history, but then again you are a Western Suburbs supporter at heart.......

To kill a great club like Balmain in the name of survival is simply not the right way of doing things. We could have stood alone for a couple of years & then ended up in the Premier League which is a far better outcome then the current one. And that is worst case scenario.

Your future was one of Metro Cup where you still would have struggled & that must hurt. Your 'Ashfield Gold Mine' still owes $18,000,000 and when the new pokies tax comes in how will you repay that???? with beer coasters? Balmain will not be able to pay the JV's required pilferage so what is your beloved club going to do then? Get more sponsors? :lol: :lol: Get the people to Campbelltown to empty their pockets :lol: :lol:

By 2006, it will be Western Suburbs & Balmain in Premier League and i will be happy....... We want no part of your stinking football club who managed to get 4.... yes thats 4 premierships in 91 years of competition......

simon says

First Grade
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

I used to be an insomniac....but utter garbage repeated year after year puts me too sleep.Thanks very much.Keep spouting the same garbage,im always up for a nap.

tigger, as if anything you said in regard to the JV could be taken seriously. You know who the senior partner is, you're just in denial.

By the way, I'm glad you don't understand the concept of bait threads.

Simon, those zzzz's need to be trimmed a bit.

Grantwhy

Juniors
ok - i am a outsider here but this is intresting.

There are definate advantages for a NRL team
to have their Reserve Grade training and playing
in the one group.

now, here is a idea that could work (but would never
be accepted).

Why can't the West Tigers put their own team into PL, along
with both the Tigers and Wests?

It would never be acceptable to either Wests or Balmain
because it would weaken both their teams and take
som prestige away from them

But it would allow the West Tigers to keep their
younger/reserve players together with all the benefits that brings.

Comments?

yappy

Bench
The main argument for a combined team is financial, so three teams ain't gonna happen for that reason alone. There are pros and cons to having one team in reggies as far as preparing players for First Grade. Pro - playing together, easier for the coach to see all at once. Cons (pros for seperate teams) more to choose from, more competition (within teams and between teams) easier to bring up youngsters (more available spots).

It's pretty hard to say the pros out weigh the cons especially when you consider that if there was only one side several of the players that played First Grade for the Tigers last year simply wouldn't have been at the club. Take Wing for example do you really think that is there was only one Premier League side all of O'Halloran, Beckett, Covell, Clayton, Milton, Cupples (I think he got a call up to 18th man once), Bradley Koala, and Collis would have been available. And if so which of the very talented younger players would have had to make way for them?

This of course ain't the reason why there will continue to be two sides into the future, but it goes a way to dispelling some of the myths about it being a disadvantage to the JV.

I would like to see one PL team, it makes sense in that we'd be putting
the best of two sides into one. Three sides would just stretch two average
sides to make three crap sides. If either team wants to keep the original
jersey somewhere, put a side in the JB cup.

Brad Breth

Juniors
Grantwhy are you on drugs?. I think it's a great idea. Balmain were never going to stay balmain whether they wen't alone or not. As long as we still have our colours and symbol the we(balmain) own the club.Wests fans are just there for the ride ;-) . In 50 years time the fans will see the tigers as balmain who changed there name. Trust me.

Gobbso

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
Why can't the West Tigers put their own team into PL, along with both the Tigers and Wests?

That just defies the purpose of a Joint-Venture Grantwhy.

A Joint-Venture can be defined as two 'exisitng' businesses entering into a partnership to form a new entity. So therefore Grantwhy, Balmain and Western Suburbs are the joint owners of this strategic alliance known as Wests Tigers. Both clubs are represented in the NRL via the Joint-Venture. Wests Tigers does not have its own football club, therefore it can not set up its own teams etc. All decisions are made through both the Tigers and Magpies football club board's which are then passed on to an independent Joint-Venture board, made up on equal representatives from the Balmain and Magpies clubs.

Noddz

Juniors
i hope they dont merge... the fact is, if they merge, thats the end of 2 great 95 year old footbal clubs, sure it costs money, but its the last visual peice of 2 great clubs that the NRL was formed around, Norths still have a team, Newtown still exist, and that keeps their history alive, in 50 years from now no-one will remember balmain or wests, it will be a myth we tell our grand children, but at least with seperate lower grate teams, that tradition will always be there, a reminder of where we come from, merge the two lower grade teams, and we are no longer represent those two once reat teams, but are a whole new club in itself... i dont go to all reserve matches, but iv seen a few, and i only hope, that in 10 or 20 years time, i can take my kids, to see the balmain team i once followed as cutain raiser to the main game at leichhardt oval...

please dont let it merge...

also, it means we will potentially hav a better team... if parra had 2 reserve grade teams, i guarantee they would never hav lost players like liam fulton, and look at some of the great young guys in both balmain and wests... would we have room for all of them in 1 team? i think we would loose a few... i know we cant keep them all, but the longer we can keep them, the more time we have 2 choose the best of them, and less speculation is needed...

once again, dont let the teams merge... please...