What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BYE BYE BENJI!

tracietiga

Juniors
no its not a joke , its reality .
we have 3.25 to spend , maybe its about time the people who spend it started s[ending it properly .

Anonymous

Juniors
Have to agree it would be the final straw. I would find it very hard to keep following a club that sees me cop 5 kicks in the teeth every year. I'd give Benji however much it would take to see him commit to the club till 2009 - and i'd be doing it now. It's not just losing the calibre of a player Benji is, it's also how the fans will react. Many will abandon ship. I really think though that management will realise this and stop at nothing.

They could well be playing their cards close to their chest. No need to panic yet.

gr8_1

Juniors
Sincas said:
gr8_1 said:
Prince is on 220K from memory of last years press releases....

That wouldn't have been in a press release but maybe the media got a hold of it?? I think Benji is worth the equivalent if not more than Prince.

I dont mean a press release from the club. But I do remember reading about it in the papers or on the net ....

Sincas

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Have to agree it would be the final straw. I would find it very hard to keep following a club that sees me cop 5 kicks in the teeth every year. I'd give Benji however much it would take to see him commit to the club till 2009 - and i'd be doing it now. It's not just losing the calibre of a player Benji is, it's also how the fans will react. Many will abandon ship. I really think though that management will realise this and stop at nothing.

They could well be playing their cards close to their chest. No need to panic yet.

You're not wrong. The fans are not happy with the management and this would be the last straw.. I can see riots on the horizon if we lose him.

Buying one or two players with that money means nothing. We could buy 15 reserve graders. We need superstars. We have one in the making. It is worth the punt.

gr8_1

Juniors
The longer he is kept out there waiting the more thoughts get in his head.
Don't think clubs arent talking to him now in some way.

Clubs dont get successful by playing by the rules.

Is it a coincidence we havent had a player suspended this year ... our team is to soft as is our management.

Get your dirty Tigers !!

gr8_1

Juniors
If you care for this club and want to give the club a message. I suggest you all email them and express your concerns about the Benji situation.

I have emailed noyce and lavers today to express my concerns.

If you need a email template so all you need to do is add your name let me know and I will send you one.

I think we need to bombard the management with our concerns. Im not gonna sit here and let the club let this bloke go.

BJ

Juniors
our management do seem very tentative.. after spending big in 2000 and getting jack all out of it.. they've been very cautious.. and i have to agree that they have been too cautious.. you never get anywhere in business or in life for that matter without taking a risk everynow and then.. and chasing hard after something you want.. the harder you chase the more satisfying the rewards..

westie

Bench
If Wests signed benji for 250k I would be personally travelling to Homebush to vandalise their office.

Sincas

Juniors
westie said:
If Wests signed benji for 250k I would be personally travelling to Homebush to vandalise their office.

What if they paid that same amount for Whatuira?? Should we alert the security guards??

magpiemax

Juniors
westie said:
That's handy to know,if something happen's down there we will know who to point the finger at. :idea:

tracietiga

Juniors
It also confirms what we already knew about your limited know how regarding rugby league .
Ask wayne Bennet or Bob Fulton if they would like to coach the kid .

westie

Bench
Sincas said:
westie said:

What if they paid that same amount for Whatuira?? Should we alert the security guards??

Perhaps the bomb squad would be more useful.

Sincas

Juniors
westie said:
Sincas said:
westie said:

What else are we going to spend our money on? We can't attract anyone of that ability. Obviously you don't see the potential that we all see. Either that or you want him to realise it before we pay him for it. Unfortunately by then he will be wearing a different jersey.

magpiemax

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
I thought there offices were at Concord ?
That's where they train????Actually saw them Yesterday there as I was driving by.
They were playing against the PL side.Full on tackling no b*llshit stuff.Roycey was the ref. And Sheen's was pointing too who had to run on next.

westie

Bench
Sincas said:
westie said:
Sincas said:
westie said:

What else are we going to spend our money on? We can't attract anyone of that ability. Obviously you don't see the potential that we all see. Either that or you want him to realise it before we pay him for it. Unfortunately by then he will be wearing a different jersey.

Are you suggesting we pay 15-20k more for a player with potential than arguably our best player in Hodgo?

Sincas

Juniors
westie said:
Sincas said:
westie said:
Sincas said:
westie said:

Are you suggesting we pay 15-20k more for a player with potential than arguably our best player in Hodgo?

Yep. If it keeps him here. If other clubs think Benji is worth that, then we should wake up and realise it too. benji will also attract fans and sponsors who want a piece of the action.. he is a marketable commodity.. I think the Broncos and Roosters would be more interested in Benji than Hodgo.. Have you noticed that good five eighths are scarce these days?

Hodgo is a great player but I think we can fit them both under the cap somehow.

yappy

Bench
Hodgo is a fullback. Benji is being groomed as a half. It don't matter who's the best player in the end. The market decides, and the market decides halves are worth more than fullbacks. The market is smarter than you so don't argue. It really is part of the reason why Lockyer now plays in a 6. Bennett simply couldn't justify having so much of his cap tied up in a fullback when it meant he couldn't afford to go out and buy a topline half.

It's like how the big dog gets to eat first. The halves get first crack at the dough, then the front rowers and impact back rowers. Everyone else gets what's left over. If that's not the way the money is split at a club you can be assured that the club in question has absolutely no chance of winning the premiership.

Hodgo is being paid too much. As good a player as he is fullback just ain't a gamebreaking position.

Eddie.

Bench
Yappy Hodgo has won us 2 or 3 games this year SINGLE HANDEDLY, he is worth every bloody cent in a team like ours. We would deat set have 3 or 4 wins this year if Caine was fullback. :oops: