What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Joey G

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
it has alot to do with it...
he earnt massive money doing NOTHING at the bunnies, he was then thrown on the rugby league scrapheap... no one wanted anything of him...

along come the eels and throw him a lifeline, he plays good footy and then runs off?

not one bit of respect shown from him....

If he was going to England would you care as much? Its not like he is a superstar or anything.

You can sprout about all this loyalty thing, but he owes us nothing but a good performance everyweek and we owe him nothing but his pay check.

You make it out as if we were his saviour and he is forever indebted to us.

Good luck Joe, but we are going to hurt you next year.

Big Mick

Referee
it has alot to do with it...
he earnt massive money doing NOTHING at the bunnies, he was then thrown on the rugby league scrapheap... no one wanted anything of him...

along come the eels and throw him a lifeline, he plays good footy and then runs off?

not one bit of respect shown from him....

What a moron you are seriously...

The guy has worked his arse off to get back...getting sh!t money from Parra the last 2 seasons...and become a starter...on worse money than Bryson Goodwin at the Dogs.

He gets another sh!t offer from Parra...and then Manly come and double that sh!t offer...what would you do?

"Oh nah thanks...i'd rather rent in a sh!thole and earn nothing but match payments to provide for my family than give them one last contact which i've earnt...no thanks".

If you work....which I highly doubt you are employed...but if you are...and a rival firm comes to poach you and says "Mr Moron...we realise you've worked pretty hard (again...doubtful in your case)...so we'd like to offer you $XXX dollars...which we believe is substantially more than you are earning now"...are you saying you would then be able to look your boyfriend in the eye and say "Sorry...I couldn't double our household income...I have to stay at the firm that hasn't offered me a payrise for the good work i've done...". If you are honestly saying that...you really are a twat.

Joe is one of the nicest and genuine people i've ever met in my life...any good things that happen to the man with all the crap he went through at the Bunnies...he deserves...because he's worked hard for it.

Think before you say anything you twat.

Bazal

Post Whore
What a moron you are seriously...

The guy has worked his arse off to get back...getting sh!t money from Parra the last 2 seasons...and become a starter...on worse money than Bryson Goodwin at the Dogs.

He gets another sh!t offer from Parra...and then Manly come and double that sh!t offer...what would you do?

"Oh nah thanks...i'd rather rent in a sh!thole and earn nothing but match payments to provide for my family than give them one last contact which i've earnt...no thanks".

If you work....which I highly doubt you are employed...but if you are...and a rival firm comes to poach you and says "Mr Moron...we realise you've worked pretty hard (again...doubtful in your case)...so we'd like to offer you $XXX dollars...which we believe is substantially more than you are earning now"...are you saying you would then be able to look your boyfriend in the eye and say "Sorry...I couldn't double our household income...I have to stay at the firm that hasn't offered me a payrise for the good work i've done...". If you are honestly saying that...you really are a twat.

Joe is one of the nicest and genuine people i've ever met in my life...any good things that happen to the man with all the crap he went through at the Bunnies...he deserves...because he's worked hard for it.

Think before you say anything you twat.

While I agree with most....the bold bit is wrong, sorry

Bazal

Post Whore
It was better than last years deal...but still not very much above minimum...that I know for a fact...first hand.

It was a decent amount better than last year, and until Manly's eleventh hour offer he was more than happy with it...I personally believe Manly have paid overs for a guy who, while a good player and a top bloke, is in the twilight of his career.

Big Mick

Referee
It was a decent amount better than last year, and until Manly's eleventh hour offer he was more than happy with it...I personally believe Manly have paid overs for a guy who, while a good player and a top bloke, is in the twilight of his career.

Agreed they paid overs..but good on him for taking it.

Realistically he wouldn't be more than a bench player next year at Parra with Shackles and Poore coming in...so take the paycheque while he can.

With incentives this year...he'll still earn less than 6 figures and the offer from my understanding was going to be similar to this years...with the potential value to be just barely six figures if he played a certain amount of games.

Whereas Manly's offer provided a lot more stability and guaranteed income. Similar to Penrith's negotiations with Rodney last year...We paid Rodney BIG money after 2003 on a 4 year deal...but he barely played 20 games in 4 season's.

Our offer was based around incentives for # of games played, with Base minimum salary as the ...well..minimum. Manly came in with a stable offer of guarantee'd income and further opportunity and he took it. I was disappointed, sure...but we know the club's stance and agreed with it and Rodney is a top bloke and we didn't begrudge him leaving because he probably needed a new destination to re-invent himself which he has done beautifully at Manly.

Just saying ... similar situations - $$$$ + Opportunity usually means players will leave a club..

dazeely

First Grade
Agreed they paid overs..but good on him for taking it.

Realistically he wouldn't be more than a bench player next year at Parra with Shackles and Poore coming in...so take the paycheque while he can.

With incentives this year...he'll still earn less than 6 figures and the offer from my understanding was going to be similar to this years...with the potential value to be just barely six figures if he played a certain amount of games.

Whereas Manly's offer provided a lot more stability and guaranteed income. Similar to Penrith's negotiations with Rodney last year...We paid Rodney BIG money after 2003 on a 4 year deal...but he barely played 20 games in 4 season's.

Our offer was based around incentives for # of games played, with Base minimum salary as the ...well..minimum. Manly came in with a stable offer of guarantee'd income and further opportunity and he took it. I was disappointed, sure...but we know the club's stance and agreed with it and Rodney is a top bloke and we didn't begrudge him leaving because he probably needed a new destination to re-invent himself which he has done beautifully at Manly.

Just saying ... similar situations - $$$$ + Opportunity usually means players will leave a club..

totally understand Big Joe's decision. He has to look after himself especially being at the tail end of his career. He has played so well this year (close to his hey day at the Panthers imo) and will be missed. Whilst I don't personally know the guy, he does come across as a genuinely good bloke.

Whats the story with your signature btw?

H0WZAT

Juniors
Was Joe still getting a portion of his Souths contract the last 2 years? If not does anyone know when that ran out?

And those carrying on like we saved the guys life, gimme a break. Hagan saw a bargin basement buy for a premiership winning player and took it. By all accounts if our current crop of juniors had lived up to potential he would have never played first grade for us.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Was Joe still getting a portion of his Souths contract the last 2 years? If not does anyone know when that ran out?

And those carrying on like we saved the guys life, gimme a break. Hagan saw a bargin basement buy for a premiership winning player and took it. By all accounts if our current crop of juniors had lived up to potential he would have never played first grade for us.

I think they were paying a large chunk of his contract in his first year here, but not this year.

fish eel

Immortal
probably should have written the date down, but I thought there'd be a reminder email or mention on here.

sheesh, thanks Stags.

Latest posts