What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byrne or Vatuvei

Byrne or Vatuvei

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K1w1 Lurvin

Juniors
I will have to go with Todd Byrne on this 1 because Vatuvei absolutely drives me crazy with his silly errors......

MKEB...

Staff member
Byrne runs like he is in moonboots...seriously. And doesnt really instill fear into the heart of an opposition player.

Vatuvei's errors were earlier in the season and I dont think he has done much wrong lately.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Vatuvei. Way more dangerous on attack and does a lot of work as an extra forward bringing the ball out of his own end. Byrne was a useful player when he went looking for work in the centres but was average at best when he just stayed out on his wing.

Lego_Man

First Grade
We havent seen the best of Vatuvei, but if he loses weight and fulfils his potential to any significant degree....he'll be 10x the player than Byrne is.

K1w1 Lurvin

Juniors
Vatuvei drops about 6 or 7 balls.. half of them in the in goal area...
Tackles like a little school boy jersey grabing...
Runs the ball into touch a few times
And then scores 2 trys to make himself look good......
Meanwhile Byrne is a great finisher (maybe not as good as Vatuvei) tackles his heart out and is consistant most of the time......

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
K1w1 Lurvin said:
lol in a season maybe.... and it's not as if Byrne never dropped a ball.

K1w1 Lurvin said:
Nothing wrong with his tackling that I've seen, he's pulled off a few try-savers nailing players into touch in the corners.

K1w1 Lurvin said:
He's a winger, they get the ball near the sideline, of course they're gonna run out of room occaisionally.

K1w1 Lurvin said:
Well that's what wingers are supposed to do isn't it....

Do you have a hard-on for Turtle Byrne or did Manu f**k your sister or something?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
K1w1 Lurvin said:
Meanwhile Byrne is a great finisher (maybe not as good as Vatuvei) tackles his heart out and is consistant most of the time......

How many Warriors games have you ever watched?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
It's Todd Byrne everybody!!! *claps*

We've all forgotten about you, Toddy. Hence why the poll currently reads 11-1. Back to Bartercard for you, pal.

Ive said it once and I'll say it a thousand times again ; I once saw two guys kissing on a park bench and that was the gayest thing I'd EVER seen until I read this thread.

Iafeta

Referee
This is funny!

That said though, we've written Toddy off fairly quickly - we shouldn't forget he played fantastic for us last year all told. 14 tries or something, 7 tries in 7 games at one stage including a couple of decisive ones - notably the killer blow against Melbourne.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
ozbash said:
makes you wonder tho,, great one year, rubbish the next..

why ?

Lack of motivation? Who expected either Misi or Blinky to be up there as starting wingers?

Iafeta

Referee
oz, he seemed to be playing injured - a bit of strapping around the thigh.

My prediction is he'll bounce back next season. He's a good chance at sticking with us in the fact he's probably (at a guess) decent value for performance per dollar paid.

Latest posts