What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Ciraldo

TheFrog

Coach
Ciraldo certainly got the rounds of the kitchen today from the media.

Media: Did Hook lose the players?
CC: You'll have to ask the players that.
Media: Did he lose you?
CC: We had a good working relationship.
Media: Did you try to resign because of Hook?
CC: There were several reasons.
Media: Do you think you can win the comp?
CC: We are concentrating on the Titans.
Media: Are you changing any of the game plans?
CC: There are areas that we need to improve, and they will be our focus in this game.
Media: Is this your team or Gus's?
CC: It is everyone's, especially the players.

And so it went. Precious few questions about the game. He handled himself very well.

betcats

Referee
Ciraldo certainly got the rounds of the kitchen today from the media.

Media: Did Hook lose the players?
CC: You'll have to ask the players that.
Media: Did he lose you?
CC: We had a good working relationship.
Media: Did you try to resign because of Hook?
CC: There were several reasons.
Media: Do you think you can win the comp?
CC: We are concentrating on the Titans.
Media: Are you changing any of the game plans?
CC: There are areas that we need to improve, and they will be our focus in this game.
Media: Is this your team or Gus's?
CC: It is everyone's, especially the players.

And so it went. Precious few questions about the game. He handled himself very well.

Yep he was always going to cop that lol, welcome to head coaching Cam.

TheFrog

Coach
Soward talking about Maloney and Clearys kicking and how it will change. Any coach who restricts his halves kicking games is a f**king moron. It’s the NRL ffs not under 7s.
Jamie's just guessing, but we will see, won't we.

betcats

Referee
Jamie's just guessing, but we will see, won't we.

No Jamie was here when hook banned kicks. I know he is still close with a couple players. You’re dreaming if you think he hasn’t spoken to anyone.

Anyway we you of been happy if we lost Ciraldo? Our third staff member to try and quit due to Griffin?

TheFrog

Coach
Even if you're a fan of Griffin he seems to have a clear style. Grind and basic kicking. With Brandy, Wal and Gus covering a lot of that it would make sense to see a more expansive game in attack.
The thing I am most worried we will lose is player fitness. It did win us a lot of games and quite possibly covered up problems in other areas. I've supported this club a long time and can't remember many times when we've won games on fitness, especially many times a season. Or even lost by a smaller margin, a la the Roosters game. This might be Hook's true forte. It cannot possibly have gone unnoticed.

OldPanther

Coach
The thing I am most worried we will lose is player fitness. It did win us a lot of games and quite possibly covered up problems in other areas. I've supported this club a long time and can't remember many times when we've won games on fitness, especially many times a season. Or even lost by a smaller margin, a la the Roosters game. This might be Hook's true forte.

Might be. I'm pretty keen to see the differences.

tripster

Juniors
The thing I am most worried we will lose is player fitness. It did win us a lot of games and quite possibly covered up problems in other areas. I've supported this club a long time and can't remember many times when we've won games on fitness, especially many times a season. Or even lost by a smaller margin, a la the Roosters game. This might be Hook's true forte. It cannot possibly have gone unnoticed.

I agree with this completely. I am also worried that our forwards will lose their venom.

Extreme levels of fitness come from extreme discipline in training and also a lot of focus off the field (I.e. eating the right food, not drinking alcohol, going to bed early and on a routine etc). I worry a bit that Hook being a hard arse about what players did on and off the field is what got our fitness to its current levels.

We can’t let that discipline slip.

GongPanther

Referee
ok im going start this off... lets get rid of ciraldo.....destroying the team!!!!
Don't worry,the usual non Panthers fans from far and wide will be eager to give it to us the time we lose our first game with Cirrhosis in charge.

The only thing that matters is when we all stick solid. Ignore the outside noise.

murraymob

Coach
I agree with this completely. I am also worried that our forwards will lose their venom.

Extreme levels of fitness come from extreme discipline in training and also a lot of focus off the field (I.e. eating the right food, not drinking alcohol, going to bed early and on a routine etc). I worry a bit that Hook being a hard arse about what players did on and off the field is what got our fitness to its current levels.

We can’t let that discipline slip.
considering we get penalized more than most teams it cant get any worse

Latest posts