Cameron Munster

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by JDHD, Feb 7, 2018.

1. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Don’t be so precious Gareth, of course I respect that opinion. Doesn’t mean I can’t be a dick in arguing it.

I heard some of the story that surrounds Munsters ‘issues’ and if what I hear is true, I wouldn’t want him. However, if it’s the case of him being egotistical and annoying without actually doing anything, there isn’t a team in the league that wouldn’t willingly give up Dufty for Munster.

possm likes this.
  2. Belta

Belta Juniors

Gareth67 says "...Give me a clean Munster ... so long as we can keep our promising juniors..."

I know this thread is even more preposterous than the Walmsley thread but to hell with it I'm gunna go with it. Now, in the unlikely event that Munster did sign with us on a big contract over 3/4 years to be our fullback. Than we'd effectively have a half (Hunt) a five eight (Widdop) and a fullback (Munster) locked in for a very long time. To me this would all but gaurantee the exit of Field, Dufty, Sailor and leave little funds to retain anyone who really looks promising ie Lomax -

Is it sentiment to want some sort of a junior pathway? If it is than im guilty of all counts your honour.

2010, goggles and Gareth67 like this.
  3. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

i love the bit about 5 posts in when melbourne confirmed munster wasn't leaving....

goggles and Gareth67 like this.
  4. emu62

emu62 Juniors

Don't worry Gareth, your not the only moron on here. I also wouldn't swap Dufty for Munster. Apart from the untapped talent i believe Dufty has, his dream has always been to play for the Dragons.That goes a long way in my books. Now you see i am also a moron

5. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

Thank the good Lord for that ! I was beginning to feel somewhat lonely out here in Hogsville being the only crazy person around these parts . But then something wonderful occurred that brightened my day immeasurably - I discovered that I was also precious - that made me feel a hell of a lot better i can tell you !

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. possm

possm First Grade

A big call given that if Dufty and Field improved significantly, the same would apply. But with a swap and salary adjustment for Munster, Field and Sailor would be in the same position they are in now. For example if Field performed better than good, he would be competing with Mann for an extension. As Sailor develops he could be anything and easily fill in at centre, wing or in the halves.

nontime111 likes this.
  7. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

That’s never been a barrier here. Rangi Chase ring a bell?

blacksafake, goggles, jak and 3 others like this.
  8. Crush

Crush Bench

Look if Millward is even half decent at his job he will get this deal done. Munster for Dufty straight swap.
    How do I make this text blue from my phone?

9. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

blacksafake and dragonssamy61 like this.
  10. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

in 2 years DUfty will make Munster look fat slow dorky and average

Gareth67 and Crush like this.
  11. Crush

Crush Bench

Dorky? Like comb-over, wearing specs, pants pulled up too high and wearing thongs with souths footy socks on pulled up to knees dorky?

blacksafake and Gareth67 like this.
  12. possm

possm First Grade

Oh dear Crush, I'd say that you need more than blue text!

13. possm

possm First Grade

Or at best Dufty will develop into a player of Munster's class.

denis preston and nontime111 like this.
  14. KiamaSaint

KiamaSaint Coach

Munster is already a superstar. He has size, skills and durability, and he has the ability to perform at the highest level, turning a game for his side. He might be a moron (I don't know personally) but he is an out and out star.

15. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Where's my old advassery DRAG QUEEN not a bad word for DUFTY recently .......

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  16. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

I like your confidence but if Matt's nearly as good as Munster that will do me .id rather a local junior any day .......

nontime111, blacksafake and Gareth67 like this.
  17. Crush

Crush Bench

This is so spot on. The thread continues to power on with no signs if stopping. Everyone putting in their two bobs worth if they would take Munster. Even though there is no chance and never was that he would be available.....

jak, blacksafake and Gareth67 like this.
  18. possm

possm First Grade

We have relied on IF for so many seasons in the past. Munster would not be an IF, he is already a superstar. There have been a few posts reporting that the Storm were after Dufty and so if they were going to release Munster and if this is Slater's last season, it would make sense for them to sign Dufty this season ass their fullback in waiting.

So pickup the phone Millward and make it happen. This would be a deal that would lift us to a top 4 position in 2018..