What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

lazza

Juniors
I'll never forget the time he twisted Proctor's leg at Lang Park. I am convinced it was deliberate. Definitely late in the tackle. The arsehole then 'helped' Proctor off the field.
If I remember correctly, the only time smith got seriously injured was from Adam Blair where he elbow locked him in an “awkward” tackle. The twist was prob a warning to the rest of the storm players to not leave the club. Prob also another reason why he wouldn’t leave Melbourne

moffla

Bench
Only once it’s all said and done, and he’s a few years retired, he’ll truly be appreciated. Not just by his supporters but by his usual detractors. Until then, the debate will rage on and on, people will throw digs and circle jerk over why he’s a shit bloke etc but I don’t think a lot of you truly understand how good of Cameron Smith is.

Anyway, you lot enjoy your circle jerk with Kent, Hooper and creepy Crawley and I’ll be back to check on this thread in the early hours of Monday morning*

*if we lose there’s a chance I’ll spend a few weeks away from the interwebs

greenBV4

Bench
Only once it’s all said and done, and he’s a few years retired, he’ll truly be appreciated. Not just by his supporters but by his usual detractors. Until then, the debate will rage on and on, people will throw digs and circle jerk over why he’s a shit bloke etc but I don’t think a lot of you truly understand how good of Cameron Smith is.

Anyway, you lot enjoy your circle jerk with Kent, Hooper and creepy Crawley and I’ll be back to check on this thread in the early hours of Monday morning*

If we lose there's a good chance he'll decide to go around again, how do all you merkins feel about that?

If I remember correctly, the only time smith got seriously injured was from Adam Blair where he elbow locked him in an “awkward” tackle. The twist was prob a warning to the rest of the storm players to not leave the club. Prob also another reason why he wouldn’t leave Melbourne
Which year was this?

taxidriver

Coach
Another? If many are struggling to understand you properly perhaps you're a shit communicator.

A text based discussion forum would be a pretty bold choice for me if I had no reading skills. Quite f**king impressive actually.

no ambiguity in my posts whatsoever and your reply , to one isolated post out of a series , has no relevance to my stance

so yeah, you lack basic comprehension skills

either that or you’re trying to be smart arse

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach

I think it’s lazy to assume that the basis for the Smith hatred is a circle jerk.

I can’t speak for anyone else on here, but you’re grossly underestimating my capacity to be a sore loser.

typicalfan

Coach
I can separate playing ability and his conduct on the field. He has total control over games. I mean he took the Storm to a grand final with Brodie Croft at 7.

lazza

Juniors

theres no denying his vision, consistency, kicking and game management. You’re probably praising his attack. What we’re all saying is it’s his defence that’s a piece of crap and that he gets away with stuff with the refs that ordinary players don’t.

Others can chime in on other aspects as well ;p

Reflector

Juniors
I agree here - there’s winning and then there’s how you win. Opposition fans will appreciate greatness. If you watch other sports like basketball, opposition fans will go to games to watch a superstar play.

In ten years time we will watch replays and think - how on earth did he get away with that?!?!

Slater used to grub it up. Hayne would have a sook and was one of the most selfish players I've seen. JT and Joey were prone to outbursts and spitting the dummy when games weren't going their way.

Yet they all regularly did things that would make you sit up and go "Wow- did you see that?" As you point out, there is nothing spectacular about Cameron. He succeeds purely by the numbers. Numbers look good, but they don't make you feel anything really as a spectator. The only thing Cameron seems to make opposition fans feel is utter disdain when he succeeds, and pure schadenfreude when he fails.

Reflector

Juniors
He does it because he has psychopathic tendencies, just look at the way he stood over McKinnon nothing more to say really.

He does look a bit like Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman, now I think of it.

I could definitely imagine him inviting Gal over for cigars and to listen to Huey Lewis & The News, or keeping Vonny's head in the refrigerator...

Generalzod

Immortal
He does look a bit like Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman, now I think of it.

I could definitely imagine him inviting Gal over for cigars and to listen to Huey Lewis & The News, or keeping Vonny's head in the refrigerator...
I’ll bet he likes listening to Phil Collins as well..

blue bags

First Grade
This strikes at the heart of it for me. The most disappointing thing about him is that he is so good that he never needed to be a grub.

I could forgive a guy like Ennis because he needed to find an edge. Cam never needed to. Seems like he just does it because he’s an arsehole that enjoys it.
or was coached to be the leader, the rest of team will follow, that's how we will win