What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

AJB1102

First Grade
People are offended Smith hasn't informed them of his plans yet and he's the selfish merkin with an ego?

To say he's selfish for taking time to decide his future is spot on and so he should be. Its his decision on his future. I dare say he's got more options on the table and interest in him to weigh up than many of us will ever have when considering retirement or a career change.

He's 37 and most clubs would pimp out their mum to sign him for big money. Storm aren't forcing his hand either and would love him to play on. That's just playing options - you know ch9 and Fox want him in their stable if he goes into TV. Most clubs in most codes would be interested in him in a coaching/consultancy role too. His appeal isn't limited to sport either he already does speaking gigs for businesses.

The fact that he stood over Alex McKinnon injured body while he was complaining to the ref that it was McKinnon’s action that caused his injuries speaks volumes about the guy.
I think Cam has tarnished his legacy somewhat by doing unsavoury things, on and off the field. It will be how his critics remember him, which is a shame for him as he is undoubtedly one of the all-time greats.

Generalzod

Immortal
People are offended Smith hasn't informed them of his plans yet and he's the selfish merkin with an ego?

To say he's selfish for taking time to decide his future is spot on and so he should be. Its his decision on his future. I dare say he's got more options on the table and interest in him to weigh up than many of us will ever have when considering retirement or a career change.

He's 37 and most clubs would pimp out their mum to sign him for big money. Storm aren't forcing his hand either and would love him to play on. That's just playing options - you know ch9 and Fox want him in their stable if he goes into TV. Most clubs in most codes would be interested in him in a coaching/consultancy role too. His appeal isn't limited to sport either he already does speaking gigs for businesses.
I’m certain that average person who has lost his or her job over the Corona virus would give a rats arse what Cameron Smith will be doing next,the truth of the matter these players where even lucky to play the game and get payed.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Annnndddd here we go again .........
Cameron Smith debating a penalty when a young man is laying on the ground explaining that he cannot feel below his shoulders is bottom of the barrel scum and IMO should not be forgotten.

The guy is a very talented footballer, but the NRL jizzing all over him like he is some kind of ethical, moral and spiritual god is just ridiculous and cringeworthy.

Generalzod

Immortal
Cameron Smith debating a penalty when a young man is laying on the ground explaining that he cannot feel below his shoulders is bottom of the barrel scum and IMO should not be forgotten.

The guy is a very talented footballer, but the NRL jizzing all over him like he is some kind of ethical, moral and spiritual god is just ridiculous and cringeworthy.
It’s shows what kind of a psychopath he is.

moffla

Bench
The fact that he stood over Alex McKinnon injured body while he was complaining to the ref that it was McKinnon’s action that caused his injuries speaks volumes about the guy.
Watch this:
No comments for Warren Smith who mentioned ducking?

No comments for Willie Mason who was being his usual self while standing over “Mckinnions injured body”?

You and so many others are either misinformed or blind to the truth...“Talking over his injured body”?! He was well and truly cleared from the field and Smith’s dialogue was no more than 20 seconds.

I’m not here to preach that Smith is holier than thou but Jesus Christ how about a fair go.

moffla

Bench

Haha f**king spare me. Barely said a word until he was off the field

Generalzod

Immortal
Watch this:

No comments for Willie Mason who was being his usual self while standing over “Mckinnions injured body”?

You and so many others are either misinformed or blind to the truth...“Talking over his injured body”?! He was well and truly cleared from the field and Smith’s dialogue was no more than 20 seconds.

I’m not here to preach that Smith is holier than thou but Jesus Christ how about a fair go.
Did he not complain about how his actions caused the injury?, as for Willie it was his team mate.

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
Watch this:

Great context, in peoples quest to make cam the villain they seem to be remembering it differently

Its horrible what happen, and thus is touchy to talk about, but he is right about the head ducking, any of those tackles in that video could of quite easily ended the same way - even the non penalised ones from Newcastle

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Great context, in peoples quest to make cam the villain they seem to be remembering it differently

Its horrible what happen, and thus is touchy to talk about, but he is right about the head ducking, any of those tackles in that video could of quite easily ended the same way - even the non penalised ones from Newcastle

While he may be right about the physics in regards to the ducking of the head - the timing was really terrible, and that is what many people have an issue with. Heat of the moment sure, but even in those clips it shows quite an amount of time where Cameron clearly has time to think and acknowledge the grim reality of what might be happening. But nope, more concerned about a penalty.

moffla

Bench
Come on Moffla, see past the purple haze. His victim blaming post Alex being stretchered off was equally as trash. Was nice of him to insert the comment of "its unfortunate"...
If I knew nothing about the situation, and read yours and @Generalzod comments, I would legitimately think Smith stood over McKinnon and told the ref he has ducked his head. If that was to be the case, I’d 100% agree with you.

But it wasn’t. He approached the ref 7 and a half mins after the tackle and spoke for 20 seconds. In retrospect maybe not the greatest idea but its not like he caused any of it or knew how bad these injuries really were

Watch this:

I still don't know what Smith was trying to gain by arguing over it.

He may not have been as bad as people say, but it was always going to be a penalty, regardless of how many similar incidents occurred earlier in the game.

It doesn't surprise me that the NRL didn't act on this type of tackle until a young man was severely injured. They have a track record of turning a blind eye to this shit until the sponsors and viewers threaten to walk away.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Watch this:

which is why I made my comment. Despite the fact it never happened, and the video evidence clearly shows it didn’t happen it’s become one of those urban myths that haters have latched on to and bring up again and again and again

AJB1102

First Grade
I’m certain that average person who has lost his or her job over the Corona virus would give a rats arse what Cameron Smith will be doing next,the truth of the matter these players where even lucky to play the game and get payed.

You called him a sociopath a couple pages back because he hasn't told the world his plans yet. You must not be an "average person who has lost his or her job over the Corona virus" because you obviously give enough enough rats arse to make a clinical diagnosis.

Truth of the matter is anyone still employed is lucky, not sure why you'd begrudge any of them footy player or otherwise. Oh wait 1 reason comes to mind but thats petty jealousy and I'd rather assume you're above that, right?