What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith on AFL 360 last night

DC_fan

Coach
Not being an AFL fan I did not see the show on Fox Footy channel last night, but I did hear John Gibbs talk about it on 2UE this morning.

Cameron Smith was a guest on the AFL 360 show last night. From what Gibbs said, Williams made it known that he would like play AFL and he watches more AFL on TV during the week then Rugby League.

Not earth shattering information I know. Just interesting to hear the Storm, and probable Qld and Australian captain speak on this matter. Living in Melbourne has probably a lot to do with his liking for AFL.

I wonder if say NRL on Fox had a Swans player appear on the show how would he respond.

gronkathon

First Grade
I just don't care.

In the end Smith is contracted by Fox and will appear where he is told as long as it does not interfere with match prep.

As for watching more AFL it is a way to escape thinking about your day job

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember seeing David peachey saying he never watched league when he was playing, like would seriously not watch a game on tv all year.

BuffaloRules

Coach
He was asked something along the lines of " if you were offered seven million to play AFL would you have taken it?"...

Not exactly a tough call...

El Diablo

Post Whore
seeing 9 don't show games then he's restricted to less games

why would an AFL show want a Rugby League player on it :?

Lambretta

First Grade
Was Cameron Smith talking on behalf of Tony Williams, Sonny Bill Williams or Hank Williams?

BunniesMan

Immortal
NRL star goes on an AFL show and talks about AFL. Last week an AFL star goes to an NRL game wearing a NRL shirt and talks NRL. It might come as a surprise to some of the more dogmatic fans, but some people don't hate or might even like the other code. It's hardly earth shattering news.

Last edited:

Kirky

Juniors
I think Billy Slater was on the show a while back too. Could be a News directive, or maybe the host is a Storm fan? Who knows.

As to Smith's comments about watching AFL, Lockyer said a similar thing last year. I wouldn't read too much into it. When I go home the last thing I want to do is something work-related.

Ozzy

First Grade
Was Cameron Smith talking on behalf of Tony Williams, Sonny Bill Williams or Hank Williams?
It was on behalf of Cindy Williams. As for Smith on an AFL show, meh. Craig Johnston once appeared on the Footy Show. I can't see a problem.

Grapple

Bench
He also picks the winners in a weekly Herald Sun section along with other guests. The couple of times he's been on Triple M in Melbourne with James Brayshaw and Billy Brownless, he was really good. The guys have no idea about league though, best part of that show was when Billy called him "A Daily M Winner".

Brutus

Referee
He also picks the winners in a weekly Herald Sun section along with other guests. The couple of times he's been on Triple M in Melbourne with James Brayshaw and Billy Brownless, he was really good. The guys have no idea about league though, best part of that show was when Billy called him "A Daily M Winner".

Billy who?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Billy who?
billy-brownless.jpg

Brownless.

Dopey Merkin. The AFLs answer to Mario Fenech.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You're allowed to watch an AFL game if that kind of debauchery floats your boat. Personally I'd rather have my testicles doused in gravy and then lowered into a pool of piranhas but each to their own.

The Gambler

Juniors
Bit sure whether Cam Smith has the attributes of an AFL player.

Doesn't have the speed and agility of Hunt nor does he have the size and leaping ability of Izzy.

The AXXXMAN

I think Billy Slater was on the show a while back too. Could be a News directive, or maybe the host is a Storm fan? Who knows.

As to Smith's comments about watching AFL, Lockyer said a similar thing last year. I wouldn't read too much into it. When I go home the last thing I want to do is something work-related.

Or perhaps they just enjoy watching afl.

It's not a f**king crime to admit it. Not every person who's played or watched rugby league is an insecure keyboard warrior on league unlimited, or the general manager of football at Penrith.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Or perhaps they just enjoy watching afl.

It's not a f**king crime to admit it. Not every person who's played or watched rugby league is an insecure keyboard warrior on league unlimited, or the general manager of football at Penrith.

go back to Bigpoofy

Peppers

Juniors
Hang on a minute. This is the Australian captain in waiting. He is saying that he would have taken a contract if offered one back when Hunt was signed. So essentially he would have been willing to forgo all his test matches, state of origins and (non) premierships all for a bit of coin in another game.

I don't care if this is how he feels but bloody hell we can't have the Australian captain in the press sprouting crap like this.

Latest posts