What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith Watch

taxidriver

Coach
Lol - as if people give a f**k about a "launch". Once 8pm tonight comes around, Cam Smith's retirement will be forgotten and the focus will well and truly be on the 2021 NRL season.

Just 3 days ago Buzz and his DT/Fox League cronies took the attention away from the "season launch" to focus on why Cooper Conk was floating between two clubs.

Last season two Bulldogs players tried to f**k schoolgirls just before the season launch. I bet you didn't give a shit then, did you?

your man crush is clearly obscuring your ability to look at this with any sense

soc123_au

Staff member
Is that what your shrink told you to say to try an end the nightmares? :joy:
The nightmares will never end. I actually tortured myself last night & watched the gf replay with commentary from Bellamy & half a dozen storm players. I will say Brandon Smith is a funny prick.

Valheru

Coach
"After the way last season finished the timing felt right"

If that's the case one would expect an announcement not long after a season, not 5 months down the track.

I don't see how anyone could consider the assertion that Smith timed this purposely to maximise the spotlight on himself as any way controversial. Those fans that are in love with him should just own it, it doesn't take away from his on field achievements.

Knight76

Juniors
Some Melbourne social media influencer said above that there was no issue with Smith announcing his retirement at the unvieling of his statue.

But, it was also the unvieling of slaters statue and the merkin still went and made it all about him. What should have been an occassion to celebrate two Melbourne greats, was turned in to the cam smith show.

Some Melbourne social media influencer said above that there was no issue with Smith announcing his retirement at the unvieling of his statue.

But, it was also the unvieling of slaters statue and the merkin still went and made it all about him. What should have been an occassion to celebrate two Melbourne greats, was turned in to the cam smith show.

One reporter pointed out that Billy Slater did not get to say a word at the ceremony due to Cam.

Reflector

Juniors
Full respect for his ability as a player and stuff but the salary cap rorts and pushing the boundaries of legal play just never made me a fan of him. Unlike Thurston for example who I felt was pretty fair just about all the time and is quite likeable.

JT reminded me a lot of Joey. Amazing talent and a hell of a competitor, which meant sometimes they lashed out on field (Joey's elbow to Dykes' head, JT grubbing it up on Reynolds in the dying minutes of Origin 2 2014) or had an outburst (Joey hurling his mouthguard and going off at various refs, JT giving refs a spray and claiming there was an anti-Qld NRL conspiracy)

While this behaviour earned them their critics, it was more heat of the moment stuff and reflected their passion and competitive spirit, whereas with COVID Cam it was always pre-meditated, calculated, cynical and ruthless...

ACTPanthers

Bench
The nightmares will never end. I actually tortured myself last night & watched the gf replay with commentary from Bellamy & half a dozen storm players. I will say Brandon Smith is a funny prick.
I think you need a Greg Inglis in your life to stop that self-harm bro...

Reflector

Juniors

All of us are going to die, just a matter of what our legacy is.

I hope Cam does something post-playing career to further underline his true character and it ensures people never collectively take a favourable view of him through the soft focus of nostalgia.

Last edited by a moderator:

King hit

Coach
JT reminded me a lot of Joey. Amazing talent and a hell of a competitor, which meant sometimes they lashed out on field (Joey's elbow to Dykes' head, JT grubbing it up on Reynolds in the dying minutes of Origin 2 2014) or had an outburst (Joey hurling his mouthguard and going off at various refs, JT giving refs a spray and claiming there was an anti-Qld NRL conspiracy)

While this behaviour earned them their critics, it was more heat of the moment stuff and reflected their passion and competitive spirit, whereas with COVID Cam it was always pre-meditated, calculated, cynical and ruthless...
I will never cop how Thurston was allowed to say that bullshit and get an apology for it. He should’ve faced extreme fines for it. Especially since that was just after Toovey’s “investigation” rant which cost him 10 grand with Greenberg talking about how the integrity of the game must never be questioned.

Latest posts