What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith: We deserve our premierships

lturner

Juniors
They won the premierships, and no-one can change that any more than they can rewrite history.

Regardless of whatever pronouncements the bureaucrats and administrators want to make after the fact, the history books will all show that Melbourne won the comp in 2007 and 2009.

Did they use performance enhancing substances? No. Did they bribe the officials? No. Did they cheat the rules of the game of rugby league football? No.

They won because they were the best team on the day.

They did not adhere to the commercial rules of the NRL. However those rules have nothing to do with playing football, and everything to do with keeping the player wage bill low for the owners of the league and imposing some kind of contrived equality to the competition.

I couldn't care less about those rules, so I still regard them as the premiership winners.

Helen

Juniors
When first caught by the NRL, the Storm were over the cap by 6.2 percent in 2007 - that of course has increased since, but at the time of first being caught they had that premiership stripped.

The Roosters were over the cap by about 4.8 percent when they won in 2002. When they were caught, there was no 'independent' audit called for to see what the real figure was.

I thought steroids were steroids and it didn't matter 'by how much'?

The Storm were stripped of the premierships because they rorted the system for years. It was looked at a a whole. As it should be.

Taken into account was the year it started and ended (oops that never happened)

Fairfax

Juniors
The Roosters were over the cap by about 4.8 percent when they won in 2002. When they were caught, there was no 'independent' audit called for to see what the real figure was.

It was a touch over 2% for "Classification of Payments to player through 3rd party. Disclosed for 2001 and 2002 fined in 2002." That means that a contentious 3rd party deal was re-classified after disclosure by the club.

In terms of most statistical analysis, which is what happens when you're assessing forward projections a 3% margin for error is acceptable. If you remember that year clearly $75k is a small breach when you have an injury toll like the club had earlier that year.

Clutching at straws much?

RockWheel

Bench
Regardless of whatever pronouncements the bureaucrats and administrators want to make after the fact, the history books will all show that Melbourne won the comp in 2007 and 2009.

No they won't.

Don't you understand, the only reason they were the 'best team on the day' is because they were illegally assembled. Had they been legally assembled, there's a good chance they don't even make the grand final(s).

Loudstrat

Coach
Did they cheat the rules of the game of rugby league football?

YES! F*CKING OATH THEY DID!!!!!!

THE SALARY CAP IS PART OF THE RULES YOU CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaking the salary cap is like having 14 men on the field (and they had Archer in 09 as well)

I'm sure if Parra took the field with all 17 on the field at once the Storm would be whinging. Hell, they whinge when a few fans pick on them!

Last edited:

StormChaser

First Grade
YES! F*CKING OATH THEY DID!!!!!!

THE SALARY CAP IS PART OF THE RULES YOU CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaking the salary cap is like having 14 men on the field (and they had Archer in 09 as well)

I'm sure if Parra took the field with all 17 on the field at once the Storm would be whinging. Hell, they whinge when a few fans pick on them!

In caps now Loudy? :lol: Bless ya but I'm concerned for your health. You are gonna give yourself a dead set heart attack!!!
You sound............dare I say it..............shrill !! :lol::lol: <3

bartman

Immortal
Still adding meaningful content to the thread discussions SC, I see? In the way that only you can... ;-)

Yep, you're not a troll at all... :sarcasm:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is there a more unlikeable Merkin in the game today than Cam Smith???? To come out and say they still deserved their premierships after being over more than double than the original estimates defies belief :crazy:

Loudstrat

Coach
Stormchaser, bless you too. Thank you for your concern for my health, but I never heard of anyone suffering a heart attack from pressing the caps button.

jaynie

Juniors
Is there a more unlikeable Merkin in the game today than Cam Smith???? To come out and say they still deserved their premierships after being over more than double than the original estimates defies belief :crazy:

On and off the field Cameron Smith is an arrogant prick. You would think in this situation a captain would at least try to appear humble, but instead he is carrying on like a petulant two year old.
Worst thing is, can you imagine being one of the near-minimum salary players under him that lost their premiership due to this guys greed, home reno's and god knows what other benefits he demanded? He has an over-inflated ego and self-worth.

To think this is the man (*cough*) that is considered the Kangaroo' captain-in-waiting...
I do wonder what the Australian selectors and Tim Sheens thinks of the Storm players behaviour, and Smith's in particular.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Storm could been over the cap by 20 million in 2007 and 09. The players could've given all their money back. Wouldn't have mattered.

We still would've won because we had a better team. Simple.

StormChaser

First Grade
Still adding meaningful content to the thread discussions SC, I see? In the way that only you can... ;-)

Tardman, there is nothing meaningful to be added to this sorry saga, NOTHING. Everything everyone is saying, including yourself, has been said time and again. Absolutely done to DEATH.
If you don't like my contributions, you can kiss my arse and put me on ignore. Untill then stfu and stop stalking me.
Weirdo.

Stormchaser, bless you too. Thank you for your concern for my health, but I never heard of anyone suffering a heart attack from pressing the caps button.
Ok, if you're sure. I'd hate for you to pop a valve or some such :sarcasm:

adamkungl

Immortal

The Storm Breach forum is pretty much entirely a troll forum...it seems to exist purely so bitter Parra and Merge fans can get their rocks off

typicalfan

Coach
Storm could been over the cap by 20 million in 2007 and 09. The players could've given all their money back. Wouldn't have mattered.

We still would've won because we had a better team. Simple.
You can understand why I can see you are using the most obvious case of circular reasoning.

You had the best team? Why? because you paid extra to have that team and hid the evidence.

Apey

Staff member
Did anyone actually read the article or just the thread title? :lol:

The players, however, showed they had not lost all their humour when television networks countered by taking to the air and shooting from two helicopters. In response, the players lay in formation on the ground to spell out ''hi''.

Lol, surprised all they did was 'hi'...

bartman

Immortal
Tardman, there is nothing meaningful to be added to this sorry saga, NOTHING.
Well if you don't like the conversations, ignore them...

Everything everyone is saying, including yourself, has been said time and again. Absolutely done to DEATH.
In your opinion, of course. That hypocritical opinion where you claim you are only in this sub-forum to refute posts that say "kick 'em out", and to "support your team". But where in reality you can't help yourself but have a rant against points of view that you don't like being aired. That is, points of view that are in anyway still critical of the Storm club in this - the behaviour of the players, the behaviour of the independent directors. Oh, and mixed with some feeling hard done by for some reason and playing a paranoid victim. Boo hoo, cry me a river.

If you don't like my contributions, you can kiss my arse and put me on ignore. Untill then stfu and stop stalking me.
Weirdo.
Practice what you preach honey :cool:.

And please stop being an emotive troll - you're better than that.

StormChaser

First Grade
Well if you don't like the conversations, ignore them...

In your opinion, of course. That hypocritical opinion where you claim you are only in this sub-forum to refute posts that say "kick 'em out", and to "support your team". But where in reality you can't help yourself but have a rant against points of view that you don't like being aired. That is, points of view that are in anyway still critical of the Storm club in this - the behaviour of the players, the behaviour of the independent directors. Oh, and mixed with some feeling hard done by for some reason and playing a paranoid victim. Boo hoo, cry me a river.

Practice what you preach honey :cool:.

And please stop being an emotive troll - you're better than that.

Lmao, Darling I would no sooner shed a tear over your dribblings than i would cross the street to pee on you. But carry on, you amuse me no end. :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts