What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campbelltown Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mish

Juniors
after reading this thread I think I'm too shocked to comment.. I had no idea there was such a strong rift among fans between the two regions.. and the personal attacks are shocking.. I'm glad that the supporters of the future (like in 60 years) there will be no more 'which side of the merge are you?' going on... one team one future...one supporter base.... sure they'll know the history of the club.. but they won't bicker over it.. (unless you are going to teach your children your resentments as well).

Oh yeah, and I am a Panthers supporter and I am fond of the Wests Tigers.. I know many of the fanatics...I hope that doesn't open me up to a personal attack. I am here for the love of the game and would like to see our game flourish... but if we fight against each other off the field then we are hardly doing any justice to the game.

I don't think the crowd figure was overly disappointing... I can't believe such a huge fuss was made over it.. And who cares how much a fan supports.. geez.. even the jo blow who goes to one game a year but buys merchandise is helping to support in their way... if the club didn't attract 'bandwagoners' (or lesser fans as some of you have accused them of being) then the future of the club would be in dire circumstance and there would be reason to get so heated in debate about record numbers. A good percentage of supporters are people who don't live and breathe the team day in day out, they just like to enjoy the odd game of footy and call a team their own. All fans are needed no matter what their reasons are for supporting, how long they've supported, regardless of their financial or social status, race or anything else. It is all apart of the experience, not everyone will go to a game regardless of family commitments or go to a game regardless of the TV guide or weather etc..... I say don't judge the fans so harshly. Support the people who support the team no matter how small you think their support is... it all counts in the larger scheme of things.

Gee I managed to be able to comment after all, lol.

mulvihill

Juniors
And another one appears. What on earth does a penrtith ST holder do on a tigers forum each and every day. Strange as this may sound I don't spend my days posting on an easts of canterbury forum but i could have these things wrong. There is no rift. It is wanting the club to maximise its potential and revenues end of story

mulvihill

Juniors
PAnthers fans can do what they want and discuss it on a penrith forum. Where they belong. Funnily enough I don't log onto Penrith baords and debate whether matches draw bigger crowds at Hindmarsh stadium or Penrith Pk

braz

Juniors
Thanks for the comic relief mulvihill.

Tigger was funny cos he was actually taking the piss.

You are serious :lol:

Imagine a bloke with such high contacts in the club being so devastated about being banned from a fan forum that he hates. Do you miss conversing with all the teenyboppers you loathe? Couldn't you just get the lastest goss from your contacts? Or why don't you just make a hundred posts on this fourm.

When you were with your mate from Narellan did you tell him how he is scum and doesn't live in a house? I guess not.

You actually remind of Tigger about 4 years ago, just not as funny.

Keep it up though - this fourm's been dead for a while.

Where's Tigerdazz??

gallagher

Juniors
Gus22 said:
At first glance the crowd (14,500) at Campbelltown appears a little disappointing. But in all honesty & with no hidden agendas you'd have to admit there were legitimate reasons for it being about 3K less than you'd expect.

Mother’s day WAS an issue. Not to the extent that it would account for an extra 3 or 4 thousand not turning up, but maybe another 1000 would have turned up on a normal Sunday.Other issues that would account for another 2-3 thousand are weather, ground ameneties, & FTA TV coverage.

There was rain about on Sunday morning, & with Campbelltown having minimal coverage from the elements this would have deterred some from going. Also the game was being shown on FTA television.

So when you think about it, we have a game being played on Mother's Day, with rain about, at a ground with no cover from the weather, which will be shown on FTA TV on a 1 hour delay. Not hard to see that those who had intended to go, woke up on Sunday morning, took everything into account & opted to give this one a miss. This would be particularly true for families.
My understanding is that ticket pre-sales for the game were good but game -day sales were lower than anticipated. That would support my theory.

Finally let’s not forget that crowds were down in all games (with the possible exception of Brisbane). Next to the Broncos (who will almost always boast the week’s largest gate) the game at Campbelltown was next best.

St.Geo/Illa v NZ - 10,100
Brisbane v Manly - 24,900
Storm V NQC - 10,800
Dogs v Parra - 13,200
Wests Tigers v Knights - 14,500
Raiders v Sharks - 9,700
Penrith v Souths - 10,900

Gee , a post amongst all this crap that makes sense.

If it looks like wet weather both grounds attract smaller crowds. I was at LO at few short years ago when the Broncos put about 36 on us. Not too many people there that day.
Besides we wouldnt have lost money with 14,000 on a day game.

hrundi99

First Grade
mulvihill said:
And another one appears. What on earth does a penrtith ST holder do on a tigers forum each and every day. Strange as this may sound I don't spend my days posting on an easts of canterbury forum but i could have these things wrong. There is no rift. It is wanting the club to maximise its potential and revenues end of story

On the contrary I think a few fans from other clubs with a bit of knowledge on the subject can provide objective input into the discussion.

Mish

Juniors
mulvihill said:
Tell me is a canberra forum moderated by melbourne storm fans ???

Thanks in advance

You know very well that Suze is NOT a Panthers fan! Accept it... or are you jealous that she is a true Wests Tigers supporter without all the JV hiccups?

innsaneink

Referee
mulvihill said:
Tell me is a canberra forum moderated by melbourne storm fans ???

Thanks in advance

What the hell does that have to do with anything.
A raiders fan, or any fan for that matter has every right to post in any forum they want....more than likely a few know more than some of the so called experts here with their so called contacts too.

mulvihill

Juniors
Suzi Q is a panthers fan
Who will she support next week .. melbourne ??
If you don't have a problem with people changing clubs then good on you
I guess it doesn't bother some people as they don't go to games, sink money into the club etc
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her first visit to Leichhardt only last yr ??

Mish

Juniors
Maybe she will support Storm next week who knows? but I can see the logic in Suze still having an interest in how Penrith are going seeing as they were a part of her life. A little like how I have an interest in the WT (although my interest is probably greater than hers is in Penrith), I never changed teams.. I learnt about the game watching the Tigers play.. it is the team I was introduced to rugby league with... however I knew I was a Panthers fan which is where my loyalties are... doesn't mean I can't take an interest in WT... I love the WT, they hold a place in my heart however.. come time to play the Panthers and the claws come out, lol.

There is nothing wrong with changing teams...and Suze is a dedicated WT fan... she puts her money into the club with her purchasing of tickets and merchandise, she puts her time into the forum and lending a hand where she can. I have no idea when the first time she went to a Leichardt game.. but does that really matter? What about the fans that live to far to get to games.. are they not fans either? Or do you think that a fan should be only people that live in the district? I doubt that with the way the NRL is nowadays that the people of say Balmain alone could draw enough money and fans to the club to be sufficient. We need fans, even the ones that can't go to every game.

I do understand some people sink a lot of money into their club... but what about those who can't sink money into their club because financially that isn't an option for them... are they still a fan? does it bother them any less than it bothers you?

Status
Not open for further replies.