What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campese is a f**ken cat!

legend

Coach
I hate the fact this merkin is in the top 17 let alone captain. He is just as pathetic as that useless turd we call a coach.

Campese never gets involved and never runs the ball to the line. I'd love to flick the bald f**ker and get Carney back to lead us around the paddock.

He has been pathetic all year and it gives me the sh*ts just watching him go through the motions every week.

Bald merkin!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I mean our pack destroyed the bulldogs. I am still in shock at how we couldn't have scored a point in that second half. A scarecrow at 6 and a bag of hay at 7 should have been able to conjure a try with that kind of field position.

TimW05

Juniors
he has a hamstring strain.. hence why croker is kicking lately...

i think his confidence is shot too.. he could of run a few times but didnt

God-King Dean

Immortal
Honest question, since I admittedly don't watch Canberra games with much attention.....

Has Campese ever really done anything other than 12 weeks of awesome footy in 2008?

The impression I get is Raiders did Parra like 'Mortimer', & since then Campese has been resting on his laurels.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hate the fact this merkin is in the top 17 let alone captain. He is just as pathetic as that useless turd we call a coach.

Campese never gets involved and never runs the ball to the line. I'd love to flick the bald f**ker and get Carney back to lead us around the paddock.

He has been pathetic all year and it gives me the sh*ts just watching him go through the motions every week.

Bald merkin!

geez, we'll have him legend...:lol:

sarahk

Juniors
A scarecrow at 6 and a bag of hay at 7 should have been able to conjure a try with that kind of field position.

LOL Thats how i feel with our current halves in parra!

Like the above poster said, We'll take Campese if you dont want him!

Honest question, since I admittedly don't watch Canberra games with much attention.....

Has Campese ever really done anything other than 12 weeks of awesome footy in 2008?

The impression I get is Raiders did Parra like 'Mortimer', & since then Campese has been resting on his laurels.

Nope. He's been with us since '03, and done SFA apart from the back end of '08.

He is a decent 5/8th/Lock (IMO not rep quality), but he needs a genuine organisational halfback alongside him otherwise he is going to continue to suck balls

Edwahu

Bench
I thought he was the best of the "spine" players last night. We clearly need a class 9 & 7 to help him.

The injury has to be effecting his game.

He wasnt horrible but he didnt really step up when we needed which is what we need from our star player.

skeepe

Immortal
I think his hamstring strain is affecting his confidence. It wouldn't take much to turn it into a tear, hence the lack of running.

If it's that bad though, he should sit a week or two out and come back fully fit, because it's having a detrimental effect on his game.

edabomb

First Grade
The only player in the modern day that could handle his workload is Johns and to a lesser degree Lockyer IMO. Hard to blame him when he has to do everything, and the opposition all know this as it has been happening for 18months.

Let alone the fact he's a lock.

Mr Saab

Referee
He was never worth 500k for 4 yrs. But i guess they had to pay overs to keep him down there.

On 2008 form it was probably justified. We had lost Carney.

what was strange is that we held off signing Campo and chased hard for Barrett , if we had got Barrett , Campo would of either been on FA money or at another club. we missed Barrett then threw huge money at Campo. Which was a complete 180 degree turn.

He hasnt been the same since he got dropped from SOO.

He is a running 5/8 , not a play maker , not a halfback.

Paullyboy

Coach
Wow, I know we were average last night, but it's embarrassing when a club implodes and turns on itself like this - it's just like the NSW team - and I don't want to be associated with that sort of self-hatred.

He'll turn it round, as will the rest of them.

Go Raiders.

legend

Coach
We've scored 26 points in the past three weeks and that is a disgrace. Campese has been ordinary for a year and a half now and we are no different to any other teams fans when it comes to bagging the players. All teams do it and we are definitely not the worst so we now have something to aspire to.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Really?

We've had terribly mediocre results for the last few years (bar a great end of 2008). Its nice to stay positive and all but there are some deficiencies in the squad that are really holding us back. We'll be waiting for years before the boys 'turn it round' it seems. Its a shame, because this squad is possibly the best we've had in seasons on both current ability and potential. This season looks like another we are likely to miss the finals without showing improvement in the areas where we are deficient. I'd like to see the club move forward in the halves with long term options in that position, much like NSW fans want for their state. Its obvious that neither Mogg nor McCrone are first class halfback options, and at this stage Campese isnt the player that we need him to be. Its time to look outside the club for a halfback option (they dont need to be established, just have ability, and be natural halfbacks) or look to young Sam Williams to step up. We've lost in recent weeks to both the bulldogs and the cowboys. Its plainly just not good enough.

Latest posts