What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anybody beat Brisbane for the premiership ?

OVP

Coach
Forget stupid top 8 threads, this is the real question.

At this stage of the comp, id have to say only the Dogs and Saints have the talent to do that. Throw in Melbourne and the Tigers as roughies and i reckon thats about it.

Still, they are all roughies imo ... Brisbane should be the shortest odds in many, many years.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Warriors can beat Brisbane- problem is we're guarranteed to get done by two points by someone else a week or two earlier!!!

fourplay

Juniors
Cowboys should be able to as they rise vs broncos..

Dogs look the best chance once they have SBW back.

OVP

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
The Warriors can beat Brisbane- problem is we're guarranteed to get done by two points by someone else a week or two earlier!!!

Very good call ... If the Warriors can GET to the GF, they would almost be specials :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
nope, they will go all the way and i cant see anyone beating them
Bulldogs at full strength is a small chance, as are the roosters if in form... warriors seem to have their number but wont make it to the big one to knock them over so no, i cant see em being beaten

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As biased as I am, the 2005 Roosters minus Freddy just haven't had it. Can't see them threatening at all sorry.

im a brissy supporter and im not sure WHAt u guys are going on about

once u get to finals football, all bets are off, seriously, remember the eals in 2001 or whatever it was.

Sure being no.1 gives u an advantage (playing sh*t teams, a second chance ect) but all bets are off

RABK

Referee
Bulldogs will go back to back.

Their run will start this friday night with a 30 point thrashing of the Broncos.

jimmythehand

Juniors
the broncos have plenty of weaknesses, they might be leading the comp by 6 points but they're not that much better than the other teams. A bulldogs premier league side took them to the last minute of the game, a full strength side that shows any semblance of form will easily have their measure.

Cowboys look like the Broncos of last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do turn it around because they have plenty of speed in their side and it only takes a couple of lucky tries to get confidence back.

Warriors are gone, they are too far behind and too inconsistent to make the 8.

Dragons will be very lucky to make it given the draw they have. I don't think they have enough quality despite everyone(?) thinking they do.

Storm will choke in the close games again, they just don't have the forward pack to do it.

Eels are a chance if they can keep their defence strong - bad signs against the Raiders.

Sharks will make the 8 but won't go anywhere

Eagles won't make the 8.

Roosters might sneak in the 8 but won't go far. Ditto Canberra.

aenima1

Juniors
the broncos arent THAT much better than most sides at the moment, they're still very beatable, the dogs are a huge chance beating them at home this week and i think the cowboys on their day would have no problem beating them either. sides like melbourne and parra would also give them a good fight.

aenima1

Juniors
jimmythehand said:
the broncos have plenty of weaknesses, they might be leading the comp by 6 points but they're not that much better than the other teams. A bulldogs premier league side took them to the last minute of the game, a full strength side that shows any semblance of form will easily have their measure.

Cowboys look like the Broncos of last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do turn it around because they have plenty of speed in their side and it only takes a couple of lucky tries to get confidence back.

Dragons will be very lucky to make it given the draw they have. I don't think they have enough quality despite everyone(?) thinking they do.

Storm will choke in the close games again, they just don't have the forward pack to do it.

Eels are a chance if they can keep their defence strong - bad signs against the Raiders.

Eagles won't make the 8.

well said i agree 100%

sublimeshark

Juniors
jimmythehand said:

Eagles won't make the 8.

So youve told us who isn't going to win it.. is anybody going to win it? :?

markstan

Juniors
The only thing that could cost them is traveling to Sydney!

Apart from that the only other thing is if a team attacks them hard and they get lucky, otherwise it's looking good for the broncos.

Pigskin

Juniors
yep, its ours to lose this year really at this point

and not thru any outstanding play either ... more like thru lack of opposition

$13 before a ball was kicked ... my ticket is under lock and key I can assure you

the old chestnut will come up - nothing surer .... its absurd we'll be playing in Sydney in week 3 of the finals .... there i've said it again

Cowboys, Dogs, Saints, Eels and maybe even the Storm are all a chance, a lot will depend on how the cards fall

Oink !

LeagueNut

First Grade
If the Broncos make it to the GF then I wouldn't bet against them, no matter who the opposition was. They would need to be knocked out before then, and there's certainly teams capable of doing just that.

salivor

First Grade
We're no where near being certainties, the only ones building us up are opposition fans so they can jump up and down if we don't win that they told us so, well we've taken note so there will be none of that.

Come finals time the Cowboys and Storm are capable of knocking us off, also the Doggies, Warriors and Dragons if they make the 8 are also very capable of beating us. I don't think any of those teams are particularly premiership material but they could all stop us from making that GF.

Latest posts